rsaleur

LPV not activated (resolved)

Hi

I use RXP 430W V2 with Prepar3D V3, updated with the most recent Jeppesen database from my realworld Jepp subscription (I am a private pilot).

What I do not understand is why RXP 430W only sees RNAV approaches as "LNAV" while an "LPV" approach is available. Problem happens for example on European airports (LFPN, LFLA) while it seems to work normaly on an US airport (KHAO) with the same software and same database! Could the be a link with a pb of almanach data?

Thanks

Hi,

I don't know if this is related. Should you want to try, the 2 files the WFDEprdct.exe program downloads are:

http://www.garmin.com/redir/yuma.txt
http://www.garmin.com/almanacdata/GEOAlmanac.ini

NB: The first one downloads as current.alm, and is "ALMANAC.dat" in the GNS installation folder.

• Like 1

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

2 hours ago, rsaleur said:

Hi

I use RXP 430W V2 with Prepar3D V3, updated with the most recent Jeppesen database from my realworld Jepp subscription (I am a private pilot).

What I do not understand is why RXP 430W only sees RNAV approaches as "LNAV" while an "LPV" approach is available. Problem happens for example on European airports (LFPN, LFLA) while it seems to work normaly on an US airport (KHAO) with the same software and same database! Could the be a link with a pb of almanach data?

Thanks

Hi...

Just curious - can you post a link to the plates in question that has the LPV's for (LFPN, LFLA) - I can't seem to find them...

Regards,
Scott

• Like 1

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Jean-Luc : Thanks for your suggestion, I will try it in a couple of days. I tried to launch the almanach update tool on my own with no success. Keep you informed.

Scottb613 : charts sent by private message. Would you try these RNAV approaches end keep my informed?

Jean-Luc

I downloaded the two files you indicated me and copied them to the GNS trainer directory. Did not notice any difference, LFPN RNAV07 still shown as LNAV instead of LPV. It already tried to use the WFDEprdct application located in the same directory, no difference... Any other idea? I'm desperated...

On 9/24/2018 at 5:37 AM, rsaleur said:

updated with the most recent Jeppesen database from my realworld Jepp subscription (I am a private pilot).

What I do not understand is why RXP 430W only sees RNAV approaches as "LNAV" while an "LPV" approach is available.

Do you mean in the real GNS, these LPV approaches show up when using this DB update, but in the simulated GNS, they don't?

However, LPV approaches for a US airport do show up as expected, just not the French ones?

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Hi Jean-Luc

Yes, my real GNS's (in my SR22) shows those RNAV approaches as LPV as they appear in my Jeppesen documentation, while they don't in the simulated GNS, using exactly the same db update...  I also tried with some other db versions downloaded from the internet with the same result, so it is not my JSUM-to-simulator import procedure wich is responsible.

I noticed this problem with French approaches but also other european countries incl Germany and Spain. In tried only one US approach (KHAO) which appeared as LPV correctly. Did not try other US approaches as I do not have up to date US documentation. But I can try some if you give a one or two working examples.

Buy feeling is that the problem is not related to the db but to the software of almanach.

Jean-Luc

Still no solution to my problem. In order to investigate, could you please indicate me two US airports with LPV approaches (other than KHAO) and send me associated approach charts? So I may fully answer your questiuon ("However, LPV approaches for a US airport do show up as expected, just not the French ones?")

Regards

• Like 1

Thank you Scott. I we be trying it and keep you informed.

For my information, where is the airport 4-letters identifier on this type of chart?

1 hour ago, rsaleur said:

Thank you Scott. I we be trying it and keep you informed.

For my information, where is the airport 4-letters identifier on this type of chart?

Hi...

They're official US FAA plates so they just dropped the country identifier of "K"...

It's listed on both the top right and bottom right of the plate - next to the airport name...

In this case:

• "MSV" = "KMSV"
  • "POU" = "KPOU"

Hope that helps...

Both are close to my home and I fly them regularly in sim and RW...

Regards,
Scott

Edited by scottb613
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, scottb613 said:
  • "MSV" = "KMSV"
  • "POU" = "KPOU"

Either of those good for a $100.00 hamburger sim flight from the Baltimore area? Cafe/eatery?

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

1 hour ago, fppilot said:

Either of those good for a $100.00 hamburger sim flight from the Baltimore area? Cafe/eatery?

Hi Frank,

Hmm - not really - if you're looking for immersion - KPOU is ORBX Freeware updated and while I did my flight training there - I don't recall having ever eaten...

KMSV - is default - and I find it difficult to use default airports... It’s my personal exception to the rule as that’s where I base my plane...

Place with the BEST food in the area - Nu Cavu - at the Wallkill Airport AKA Kobelt (N45) - but the default representation is pretty poor...

Not my PIX @ Kobelt:

on-the-patio-our-plane.jpg

Waterbury-Oxford (KOXC) might be a good dining representation - also improved by ORBX Freeware - 121 - a real sit down restaurant and probably worthy of the simulated AvGas...

Not my PIX @ Oxford:

Claris-121Rest-79-1200x800-c-default.jpg

Hope this helps...

:biggrin:

Regards,
Scott

Edited by scottb613
  • Like 2

On 9/24/2018 at 5:37 AM, rsaleur said:

Hi,

Just as a reminder, RNAV GPS approach horizontal and vertical steering data are calculated in the receiver based on the aircraft and runway 4-dimensional location estimates. If the calculated z axis accuracy is reduced, generally due to GDOP, the receiver is required to step down from providing vertical guidance.  In that case it could annunciate LNAV instead of LPV at the FAF inbound.

When you say if "sees" RNAV approaches, can you please explain further "where" do you see this? Is this on the annunciator? Is this switching from LPV to LNAV at about the FAF? When it does, can you please go to the satellite page and check the VFOM (it should be below ~30ft)?

Edited by RXP
  • Like 1