Sign in to follow this  
rsaleur

LPV not activated (resolved)

Jean-Luc  Thanks for those previsions. I am aware of this LPV to LNAV step-down mechanism and the location data precision requirements. When I mentin that the sim "sees" an approach as LNAV only instead of LPV I am talking about the RXP 430 window showing "LPV" ou "LNAV" in grren when crossing the FAF. It siimply switches from TERM to either LNAV or LPV. I never tried to check the satellite page but I will be trying.

Scott : thank you for the KPOU and KMSV RNAV approach charts. It does not really help in fact because I can only fly it with :

- the "old" 2009 database imported from GTN650 emulator -> in this case there is RNAV app for KPOU and it works perfectly as LPV, but this does not answer by initial question which was "why are the French airports LPV approaches seen as LNAV with the very recent database I imported from my real world jeppesen subscription"

- the database from my real world jeppesen subscription -> it only contains european airports...

• Upvote 1

Jean-Luc : in each and every case (2009 or 2018 db, KPOU or LFPN), the satellite page show "3D Diff Nav, HFOM 16, VFOM 23 and EFU 0.03"...

2 hours ago, rsaleur said:

the RXP 430 window showing "LPV" ou "LNAV" in grren when crossing the FAF. It siimply switches from TERM to either LNAV or LPV.

2 hours ago, rsaleur said:

he satellite page show "3D Diff Nav, HFOM 16, VFOM 23 and EFU 0.03"...

Even when it changes from LPV to LNAV?

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

On 9/24/2018 at 7:55 AM, scottb613 said:

Just curious - can you post a link to the plates in question that has the LPV's for (LFPN, LFLA) - I can't seem to find them...

Looking into this issue, I've found these links for LFLA:

https://www.sia.aviation-civile.gouv.fr/dvd/eAIP_11_OCT_2018/FRANCE/AIRAC-2018-10-11/html/eAIP/Cartes/IAC/LFLA/AD 2 LFLA IAC RWY36 GNSS.pdf

https://www.sia.aviation-civile.gouv.fr/dvd/eAIP_11_OCT_2018/FRANCE/AIRAC-2018-10-11/html/eAIP/Cartes/IAC/LFLA/AD 2 LFLA IAC RWY18 GNSS.pdf

For any other french airport:

1. https://www.sia.aviation-civile.gouv.fr/
  2. select "eAIP France" to the left
  3. select an effective date, this opens a new web page
  4. select "PARTIE 3 AERODROMES (AD)" | "AD 2 AERODROMES" to open the list of airports.
  5. select an airport in the list
  6. select "CARTES RELATIVES A L'AERODROME"

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

I think I'm starting to get the "why", please correct me if I'm wrong.

Looking at the LFLA RWY18 GNSS and it mentions the 'EGNOS' channel used (Ch 41134). However, the GNS only has WAAS (at least software 3.30).

When trying a synthetic test on the trainer, anytime I make the LFLA RWY36 active, it disables 3D DIFF and reverts to 3D only in the satellite view page.

As far as I remember, there was a software update on the GTN recently (yes GTN) which mentioned something along the lines of not disabling GNSS approaches. As far as I know, the aviation DB includes 'feature' bits which disable specific approaches based on equipment, and reviewing the trainer bowels I think this is what is happening in the GNS.

Does this makes sense to you?

Here are some advisories found:

https://www.garmin.com/en-US/aviationalerts/service-advisory-1029-rev-d-egnos-activation/

The combination of the EGNOS SoL broadcast and the database-enabled EGNOS capability facilitates the use of the EGNOS satellites in the navigation solution. The use of EGNOS will be transparent to the flight crew. Depending on certain criteria and available data in the navigation database, LNAV approaches augmented by EGNOS may provide advisory vertical guidance, which is indicated on the display as LNAV+V.

https://www.garmin.com/en-US/aviationalerts/service-advisory-1372-rev-b-unavailable-rnav-gps-approaches-due-to-lack-of-vda/

A limited number of RNAV (GPS) approaches, including all service levels, are unavailable for selection when the approach includes LP minima and also has no published vertical descent angle (VDA).

This issue is resolved in the following software versions:

• GNS 400W/500W Series main software versions 5.10 and later
  • GTN 6xx/7xx Series main software versions 5.13 and later

unrelated: DBs are growing in size so we'll be loosing more and more airports unless using regionalized DBs:
https://www.garmin.com/en-US/aviationalerts/service-advisory-1846-worldwide-navigation-database/

Hi, we're making progress with this topic and I've created a new topic specifically about this prior releasing our next update:

I'm also seeing this problem. Tried RNAV approaches across multiple airports in EU and they are all seen as LNAV by the 530.. Changed from the default 2009 database to a more "recent" 2015 one and no change.. Airports in USA works correctly however.. 

Also check the GTN 750 as a crosscheck!

On my system the GTN does show the LPV approach, but the GNS does not..

Bert

Hi,

v2.4.4 was just released a couple minutes ago:

You can now enjoy European (EGNOS), Japanese (MSAS) and Indian (GAGAN) LPVs as well!

• Like 1

Hi Jean-Luc

Just tested the airports that previously didn't activate the LPV. They now all work correctly! Great work 😀

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1