Sign in to follow this  
Rickinferno

How to add Kai Tak VHHX to the EFB

First off, amazing plane the 748i!  I was doing a flight from RPLL to VHHX last night and when going to the EFB and entering VHHX I got; airport not in database!   I know that Kai Tak has been closed since 1998 but Navigraph is still producing the Airac cycle with the Sid's and Stars for this airport.  Is there a way to add the is airport to the EFB?

Thanks for your help

23 minutes ago, Rickinferno said:

First off, amazing plane the 748i!  I was doing a flight from RPLL to VHHX last night and when going to the EFB and entering VHHX I got; airport not in database!   I know that Kai Tak has been closed since 1998 but Navigraph is still producing the Airac cycle with the Sid's and Stars for this airport.  Is there a way to add the is airport to the EFB?

Thanks for your help

Have you scan your scenery for the EFB? VHHX is working fine if the scenery is installed and scanned in teh EFB

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

I did scan but will rescan tonight see if it was just a burp from the first scan!  I am using FlyTampa Kai Tak but I dont think it makes a diffrence right?

If you have a Navigraph subscription you have all the procedures for Kai Tak in the FMC. You will also have the airport layout for the ND display. For the charts, you need to scan them and make them available from the Document tab in the EFB. 

I think! 

Chris Stanley VTCC

1 hour ago, Rickinferno said:

I did scan but will rescan tonight see if it was just a burp from the first scan!  I am using FlyTampa Kai Tak but I dont think it makes a diffrence right?

I have it as well and works fine here.

Chris Makris

I do have all the charts for VHHX in the FMC but when doing a search for VHHX in the EFB all I get is not in database!  I did a scan for the default P3D scenery and for the Add-on P3D scenery and it still does not show up whe  doing a search in the EFB!  I did open the folder in PMDG called EFB database and I can see that in the file called BGLMapAddons that there is an entry:

VHHX;;Hong Kong Intl (old);Hong Kong;;Hong Kong SAR;E:\P3Dv4\FlyTampa\KaiTak\SCENERY\VHHX_NOSTATIC_ADEP4_FLYTAMPA.bgl;11116
VI18;;Ambala;Ambala;;India;ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_APT\SCENERY\APT_VI18.bgl;9224

There is no entry for VHHX in BGLMapDef or IATACodes?  I do think that there should be an entry in the IATACodes and that is why I am not getting VHHX to show up in the EFB!  

Is it possible for one of you to look in those 2 files if an entry for VHHX is in there or not please?

Thanks for your help

Richard,

When you say that VHHX is not found in the EFB airport search, you mean in the Terminal Charts or the OPT (Performance) application?

These application use different databases. The Terminal Charts database uses the Navigraph's charts database (not the same as the NavData database used by the FMC) which only contains current real world data, therefore VHHX is not included. The OPT database is created by scanning all airports actually installed in P3D and should contain VHHX since you have an entry in BGLMapAddons. The missing IATA code should not cause any problems. The OPT database is also used for the ND airport maps. Can you see the VHHX map in the ND?

In case you can't find VHHX in the OPT Database, then please contact PMDG support and send them your BGLMapAddons.txt file and the E:\P3Dv4\FlyTampa\KaiTak\SCENERY\VHHX_NOSTATIC_ADEP4_FLYTAMPA.bgl so that we can further investigate this.

If the issue was in the Terminal Charts database then this is normal, as Navigraph does not provide charts for this airport.

P.S.

I now noticed you mentioned "I do have all the charts for VHHX in the FMC". These are not charts but navigation data defining the procedures. They will not draw on the EFB. The EFB does not use NavData to draw charts, it uses original up-to-date charts. 

Edited by mfrantz

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg

8 hours ago, mfrantz said:

Richard,

When you say that VHHX is not found in the EFB airport search, you mean in the Terminal Charts or the OPT (Performance) application?

These application use different databases. The Terminal Charts database uses the Navigraph's charts database (not the same as the NavData database used by the FMC) which only contains current real world data, therefore VHHX is not included. The OPT database is created by scanning all airports actually installed in P3D and should contain VHHX since you have an entry in BGLMapAddons. The missing IATA code should not cause any problems. The OPT database is also used for the ND airport maps. Can you see the VHHX map in the ND?

In case you can't find VHHX in the OPT Database, then please contact PMDG support and send them your BGLMapAddons.txt file and the E:\P3Dv4\FlyTampa\KaiTak\SCENERY\VHHX_NOSTATIC_ADEP4_FLYTAMPA.bgl so that we can further investigate this.

If the issue was in the Terminal Charts database then this is normal, as Navigraph does not provide charts for this airport.

P.S.

I now noticed you mentioned "I do have all the charts for VHHX in the FMC". These are not charts but navigation data defining the procedures. They will not draw on the EFB. The EFB does not use NavData to draw charts, it uses original up-to-date charts. 

Hey mfrantz,

I did do a test to see if in the ND the airport displays or not and it does.  When using the OPT it does show VHHX when entering the ICAO code in the airport.  I just wondered why it was giving me an AIRPORT NOT IN DATABASE when searching for the airport in the Terminal Charts.  But like you said the Terminal Charts database uses the Navigraph's charts database which only contains current real-world data!

P.S 

I do realize that they are no charts in the FMC, I just used the wrong phraseology, did mean navigation data.  Will there be a way to see the SID's and Star's in the EFB eventually? 

Thanks for your help

12 minutes ago, Rickinferno said:

Hey mfrantz,

I did do a test to see if in the ND the airport displays or not and it does.  When using the OPT it does show VHHX when entering the ICAO code in the airport.  I just wondered why it was giving me an AIRPORT NOT IN DATABASE when searching for the airport in the Terminal Charts.  But like you said the Terminal Charts database uses the Navigraph's charts database which only contains current real-world data!

P.S 

I do realize that they are no charts in the FMC, I just used the wrong phraseology, did mean navigation data.  Will there be a way to see the SID's and Star's in the EFB eventually? 

Thanks for your help

No way unless navigraph provides this charts.

Chris Makris