Sign in to follow this  
philbrown

747-8 - Foot Brakes not working

43 minutes ago, Patrick1246 said:

Well, I just did a normal flight, I alway save my flight after landing and load the flight to make another flight, four customers reported the same issue.
I offered you my help to debug the issue because I doubt its a FSUIPC issue when the brakes doens't work after a turnaround.

Four customers reporting the issue does not mean the issue is with the plane.

If the issue were with the plane, then a lot more than four would be reporting the issue, because literally every single person who owns the plane would have the same code that would be the cause of the issue.

Think of it this way:

BMW makes the E90/2/3 M3. Say twenty people report their cars will not start, out of the 65,985 E90/2/3 M3s out there. Is that a fault in the car? At 0.03%? Highly unlikely. Looking at that, it's extremely unlikely that it is a problem with the car itself, given that it's less than a single percent of incidence. Possible...but not very likely.

So...what has to happen from there is you have to start looking for commonalities. Say all four of those people live in cold climates and only drive their car on weekends without warming blankets. Well, then you see that it isn't so much the manufacture of the car directly, as much as it is the environment in which it is kept.

Much like returning with "make sure you use warming blankets, and/or buy a cold weather battery" as a recommendation for the car owners, in the sim parallel it's usually something like making sure your hardware calibration is set up correctly, or your USB power settings aren't messed up (certain versions of Win would actually drop the USB ports for "power saving" and never "wake them" back up), or your FSUIPC profile is messed up for the aircraft.

want to see people run the plane without issues in every single case possible. If you can get me exact steps to reproduce so that I can look into it, then I'll do so (and/or see if other people on the team can see it, too). Keep in mind, however, that people will commonly come into this forum and report that the plane is "virtually unflyable" (and a lot more than 4 of them) because they incorrectly set up a flap axis in FSUIPC causing the plane to act out of sorts.

TL;DR: I want you all to have functioning brakes. This comes from trying to help pin down an issue. I'm welcome to the idea that the plane is somehow the cause, but this angle is not likely, statistically. If you give me some way to try to reproduce the issue, I'll gladly try it. All the same, placing the blame on the plane without those steps, flying in the face of statistical unlikeliness, is very likely going to get us nowhere.

Kyle Rodgers

1 hour ago, Patrick1246 said:

I doubt its a FSUIPC issue when the brakes doens't work after a turnaround.

Might not be, but I've flown consecutive segments without an issue.  I'm not using FSUIPC for brakes, but that doesn't mean it is FSUIPC.  I suggest you find what the three or four that are having a problem have in common.  First, make sure you all are seeing the same problem then compare configuration.  For arguments sake say it is the product then provide a complete concise sequence of steps that reproduces the problem so others can see the problem and fix it.

Dan Downs KCRP

I am also having this issue... started yesterday...

after slowing below 60 knots i switched to foot brakes and nothing... no im not using fsuipc i had a free download of that but i didnt see the ini file any more as i uninstalled it. any how when i also went into the gate the brakes didn't work but the parking brake did work.

chris

35 minutes ago, vikelu said:

started yesterday...

If it randomly started yesterday, then think about / look for changes made to your comp between your last successful use and the last unsuccessful use.

Code doesn't just randomly change like that.

Kyle Rodgers

well nothing was changed no updates to windows or drivers.

the last update i did was the micro update for the -8 when it came out , and didnt load any panel states as i know i have to save a new panel state and not load the old one after an update.

chris 

1 minute ago, vikelu said:

well nothing was changed no updates to windows or drivers.

the last update i did was the micro update for the -8 when it came out , and didnt load any panel states as i know i have to save a new panel state and not load the old one after an update.

This is impossible.

If it previously worked, and is now not working, something changed. To be honest, the claim that no updates to windows or drivers is a bit suspect. Windows (if you're on Win 10, particularly) doesn't really tell you, or give you the option.

Kyle Rodgers

found the culprit 

if your using a x56- i reinstalled the drivers and unplgued it a few times. also in the settings of lm 4.3 push the slider all the way to the right on the brakes option . 

if the slider is all the way to the left you have to press the key multiple times. Also if you move it to the right all the way it will be normal braking , be advised doing this and not careful with the brakes you will over heat them .

chris

I've encountered no foot brakes as well. I have the CH products rudder pedals connected via FSUIPC. It has happened to me a couple of times. I'm not sure of what triggers it. I've loaded the -8i the same as I've loaded all previous PMDG A/C. I let the default P3D flight load then select the flight I have previously saved.

On one occasion I lost them (the brakes) with a freshly loaded default A/C. I'm going to try to get the problem so it's reproducible, but right now it seems random. It's really only happened to me about 10% of my flights. I'm going to try setting all my axis in the P3D control window.

David Warner

BetaTeamB.png

13 hours ago, DLWbluues said:

I let the default P3D flight load then select the flight I have previously saved.

This - likely.

There's some confusion as to what "load" means, which caused a bit of a misunderstanding in the past.

Based on this miscommunication people seem to have gotten the idea that you must first load into a flight with a default plane. In reality, it doesn't need to go that far. In FSX (and previously, FS9), you could usually get away with doing that without any harm. P3D seems to be a bit more sensitive about the whole flow, so:

1. The sim MUST load to the Create a Scenario screen. I think it does this by default now, but in the earlier versions of P3D, you had to specifically check a box on the Create a Scenario page (and later, the options pages, where it is now, I think).
  2. The sim MUST load with a default aircraft on the Create a Scenario screen. After this point, you may make any changes you would like and load into the flight - either by customizing the scenario on that page, or by loading a saved flight.
  3. The sim SHOULD NOT be loaded into any flight situation before your intended flight (i.e. do not load into a flight with a plane and then change the plane, or open a saved flight).

Kyle Rodgers

ok so an update ive done some testing... if i create a new session only a/c loaded is the -8i ...

i have working foot brakes and such... now say i save it and ext p3d and load it up again to the save point then i dont have any working foot brakes. this is very annoying.

i thought it was the panel state but when i loaded a new session with the panel state it worked just fine .

on the 747-400 i could load a saved flight that i did with the 747 and dont have any issues... like i said this started  a few days ago. 

the steps i ussed was create then selected the 8i ... everything works fine so i save it...

i open lket it load and load the saved flight the brakes now dont work. 
chris

Edited by vikelu
forgot to add stuff

3 hours ago, vikelu said:

i open lket it load and load the saved flight the brakes now dont work. 

Hi Chris, PMDG requires that we sign full names on all posts.

I have to ask because you didn't specify:  Are you exiting the simulator and restarting the simulator when before you load the previously saved scenario?

Dan Downs KCRP

I may have not chosen my words wisely. I let the sim load to the default "create scenario" then choose my saved scenario.

So far I've not seen the issue again. Will report back if I do.

David Warner

BetaTeamB.png

Howdy folks ,

so i have done some testing..

I exit the sim

I reload the sim , splash screen, then the main screen with the raptor ... i then load the session i had saved... foot brakes dont work...

i re exit and delete the panel states and reload everything with the steps ive mentioned above they work now... so then i re save the session...

come back to fly later , fire up everything now the foot brakes dont work....

i dont know why its doing this..

christopher adama

3 hours ago, vikelu said:

i dont know why its doing this..

Please submit a trouble ticket and attach the panel files that when loaded exhibit the brake problem.

Dan Downs KCRP