Sign in to follow this  
philbrown

747-8 - Foot Brakes not working

I'm having an issue where the foot brakes are not working.

Parking brakes are working fine and stop the aircraft when applied, but when i apply the brakes, although i get the red brakes message from P3D, nothing happens.

I've tried configuring the brakes through P3D itself and FSUIPC, and the same every time - red brakes message, but no braking action on the plane itself.

1 hour ago, philbrown said:

FSUIPC

Pull your FSUIPC.ini out of the sim\modules folder. Run the sim. Sounds like a bad ini.

Kyle Rodgers

I have the same issue and it is not an FSUIPC.ini issue (never had sth. like that the last 15 years.)

If you reload the 747-8 the issue is gone.

I suspect more a bad aircraft initialisation issue (PMDG countdown). There are just 744 panel states available, maybe there's some incompatibility there?

However it seems, once the aircraft was reloaded, the issue is gone, also for the following flights. 

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I want to add, that the brakes in general do not work then, as Autobrake is also affected.

Therefore is my conclusion that it couldn't be a FSUIPC.ini fault.

I also do not say, that is an PMDG fault, maybe I forgot sth. in the setup anywhere?

On the other side I never had this issue the last years with the 744

Guenter Steiner

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester

8 hours ago, guenseli said:

maybe I forgot sth. in the setup anywhere?

Very likely. To be honest, though, I don't necessarily agree with ruling FSUIPC out. I don't even use it and have never come across brakes that don't work at all. Meanwhile, those who do use it occasionally see such errors. That's not proof, obviously, but I've never seen anyone lose brakes without FSUIPC installed, and it is commonly the source of axis errors.

Kyle Rodgers

Hi All,

Thanks for replying. It seems my issue might be down to the save flight I'm using, as the brakes work fine when i load the 748 from the scenario window. They still work even after saving and reloading that situation, so it seems like something may have got corrupted in the saved flight I am using. Perhaps some airport re-positioning or slewing caused it to go wrong, but I will try and make a new flight situation and see if that resolves the issue.

1 hour ago, philbrown said:

Thanks for replying. It seems my issue might be down to the save flight I'm using, as the brakes work fine when i load the 748 from the scenario window. They still work even after saving and reloading that situation, so it seems like something may have got corrupted in the saved flight I am using. Perhaps some airport re-positioning or slewing caused it to go wrong, but I will try and make a new flight situation and see if that resolves the issue.

As per the Intro Manual, all flights need to be loaded from the Create a Scenario screen, with a default aircraft spinning in the window (no PMDG aircraft set as default).

Kyle Rodgers

Hi Kyle,

I do load the saved flight situation from the Create a Scenario screen, with the Raptor spinning in the window.

All is good now though - I reloaded the 748 from the screen and re-saved the flight, exited and reloaded, and the brakes are working now. Must've got the save file corrupted somewhere. I was doing a lot of GSX stuff as well, so I don't know if somewhere a setting got screwed up from all the tweaks I was doing.

5 hours ago, philbrown said:

All is good now though - I reloaded the 748 from the screen and re-saved the flight, exited and reloaded, and the brakes are working now. Must've got the save file corrupted somewhere. I was doing a lot of GSX stuff as well, so I don't know if somewhere a setting got screwed up from all the tweaks I was doing.

Glad to hear it.

Kyle Rodgers

Kyle, I had the exact issue now three times, same as Phil I had to use another panel state, P3D restart and reload the affected panel state didn't work.
If it helps to find a possible bug I can open a ticket and attach the saved flight.

• Like 1

Patrick Tinner

Have the same since the last update. I departed in the evening without any problems. Flight was overnight without any problem but in the morning during my landing I had no brake action in Hong Kong. All brakes were set normal but they just don´t showed any action on the 748. Stupidly I did not reload anything but I did my turn-around and after takeoff my axis were completely strange. Nose was always set to go down and the sensitivity was horrible.

There must be certainly something the panel states as I used the "Long" state in Frankfurt however on Frankfurt apron I didn't had any issues. Even after departure.

Note: I had nothing set with FSUIPC yet. Now I have done this tonight and everything seems to work if you load up the plane normally, haven't tried it with the panel state yet.

Edited by xTiMm_

Regards, Timm
ng6sypel.png
V1 Simulations | SimAware

12 hours ago, Patrick1246 said:

If it helps to find a possible bug I can open a ticket and attach the saved flight.

None of the team had this issue. Nobody reported it in the alpha or beta (on either Tech or Beta team side).

Unless you have sort of exact procedure to follow to cause it, I can't say it will garner much attention.

Kyle Rodgers

2 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

None of the team had this issue. Nobody reported it in the alpha or beta (on either Tech or Beta team side).

Unless you have sort of exact procedure to follow to cause it, I can't say it will garner much attention.

So is this probably now a reason to join the beta team? 😛
But how is it possible that me and Patrick have the same issue even the fact that he is using the axis control via FSUIPC and I don´t.

That sounds like a issue coming from the PMDG side then, doesn't it?
Or could something else cause issues like that? GSX? ActiveSky? It much be certainly something which could "change" something during flight as I had no issues on ground at Frankfurt but then on the landing.

I want attention for this from you because I landed in Hong Kong and you know Hong Kong? There is water before and after the runway so brakes are quite necessary 😄

Regards, Timm
ng6sypel.png
V1 Simulations | SimAware

14 minutes ago, xTiMm_ said:

That sounds like a issue coming from the PMDG side then, doesn't it?

If it were, then everyone would be seeing it.

I'm not at all following whatever logic you're asserting here.

15 minutes ago, xTiMm_ said:

I want attention for this from you because I landed in Hong Kong and you know Hong Kong? There is water before and after the runway so brakes are quite necessary

...and I'd like something to be free of issues for end users. The issue, though, is that we need to understand where to start looking. So far, none of the cases seem to point at the product itself.

Kyle Rodgers

3 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

Well, I just did a normal flight, I alway save my flight after landing and load the flight to make another flight, four customers reported the same issue.
I offered you my help to debug the issue because I doubt its a FSUIPC issue when the brakes doens't work after a turnaround.

Patrick Tinner