Sign in to follow this  
z06z33

Best traffic addon Performance wise

2 hours ago, Dave_YVR said:

Meh, there's never really been any real proof of that, except for the very first time you load a new bgl. Performance wise it comes down to how many aircraft and being displayed within the sim. Using the same models in UTL as BGL's will result in approximately the same performance. PSXseecontraffic is the same, it performs better simply because it's for displaying less traffic in any given instance.

I've also never understood either why anyone believes that UTL has better performance because it doesn't use BGL files. There may be a performance gain in UTL if the traffic limiter option is active, but then UTL would have to be compared to BGL-based traffic add-ons with a similar traffic limiter being utilized, such as is found in FSUIPC. 100 AI aircraft  of equivalent models within the user's reality bubble is going to produce the same level of performance no matter what add-on is generating the AI aircraft.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jabloomf1230 said:

100 AI aircraft  of equivalent models within the user's reality bubble is going to produce the same level of performance no matter what add-on is generating the AI aircraft.

agreeing 99% with jay & dave earlier ....... but most times the models / liveries aren't equivalent to those used from freeware.

for now, cheers

john martin

You know, some people just have to drone on and on about this or that. All that really matters is find something that works for you! For me what works is good. The same goes for the majority of my paid addon software.

Paul McGhee

Line pilot

UTL is the best one I’ve tried. I can have massive amounts of AI with little impact on frames. Pretty remarkable to see Atlanta full to the gills and not have a stuttering mess. 

Orman

I recently bought Ultimate Traffic Live. It was good but at full traffic settings it brought my FPS down by about 5fps. So I refunded it and bought Traffic Global. TG populates the airports very similarly at 100%, and it brings my FPS down only by about 1fps, so I'm keeping it. I don't mind the current issues there are, I just want relatively-accurate performance friendly traffic. UTL was very accurate but still had a noticeable drop in performance, and I ain't going to bring down my current P3D settings which I'm content with.

Edited by Asheroo

2 hours ago, okupton said:

100% is way too much in utl. Unrealistic if you ask me. 

Yup, same goes for TG, I reckon something around 60-70 percent traffic is more akin to what you really see at most airports.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Traffic Global gives the best performance. 

I use their aircraft icw PSXseeconTraffic + RealTraffic .

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

I used to prefer daily topics on wingflex. Now we have daily topics on ai optimisation, stuttering and affinity masks 

Edited by tooting

14ppkc-6.png

22 minutes ago, tooting said:

I used to prefer daily topics on wingflex. Now we have daily topics on ai optimisation, stuttering and affinity masks 

Isn't that what forums are for? 🙂

I decided to make my own ai using freeware models and flight plans. There is a lot out there because of the dedicated re painters and the models are great. It's a little time consuming but you have total control over your ai and can add new liveries and airlines when they are available. There is also a great face book group that will give you lots of help. I have currently installed about 600 airline packages which is a lot but some people have way more. It really depends on what your pc can handle. The only problem I have is that most of the planes show up in the game but they don't go anywhere and just disappear and reappear randomly but that's another topic.

I have used UTL and it was pretty good but most models are not painted and there is no way to add new airlines. The power pack has been mentioned which would help but it's been so long that I think a lot of people lost interest. I also used traffic global and had high hopes when I bought it on day one. It started out great with lots of help from the developer and updates came out pretty quick. But there seems to be a lull where not much has been happening and as far as I know you can't add new airlines or liveries either. I guess I was expecting too much but it seems making my own ai is giving me the best of each traffic addon. I don't have fancy maps, graphs and flightboards like those programs but I do use super traffic board which is a must have and all you really need.

12 minutes ago, bosflo said:

I have used UTL and it was pretty good but most models are not painted and there is no way to add new airlines.

You can add new airlines and models. So far i've added around 160 new schedules, all with updated models and liveries.

Seeing what a shiatload of work this was i've learned that there can NEVER be a perfect payware AI-Addon, it's an impossible task to get all the authorizations for models and liveries.

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

yeah I know, there are a few major models that I am missing and I really hope someday that it will all get sorted out. How do you add new airlines to UTL?. When I had it I could add liveries and models but not new airlines. It is easier to add or delete liveries and keep track of them so I will give them that. It does take a lot of work to get the AI you want and I spend most time adding airlines the I do flying in the game.

51 minutes ago, bosflo said:

How do you add new airlines to UTL?

Via addon shedules in xml, you can convert txt-FPs from AIG etc. with a small tool called "UTL_FP". New airlines are no problem, if you want add an new flightplan for an existing airline in UTL you have to use an fake airline code.

For example Lufthansa, it has DLH, in "UTL_FP" i give the new flightplan the airline name "Lufthansa NEW" and the airline code DLHX. This affects only the trafficboard in UTL, in the sim the AI planes have still the correct callsigns.

Then i deactivate the origin UTL Lufthansa shedule and ... done.

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

Is it possible to start UTL manually each time, or does it always start automatically with the flight simulator?  I prefer programs that don't start with the sim as it complicates start-up issue troubleshooting.