Sign in to follow this  
Humpix

PMDG 744 - Data Link "No Comm" [SOLVED]

Hi,

After updating, the Data Link did not work. FMC tells me that there is no link.

Radio C is on "Data". In the options "Auto preflight uplinks" and "Auto pos rprt downlink" are set to yes...

Tryed different antennas. No success.

Can somebody help me out? Was a nice feature to get the wind speeds from AS.

BR and thx!

Mathias

5 minutes ago, Humpix said:

Hi,

After updating, the Data Link did not work. FMC tells me that there is no link.

Radio C is on "Data". In the options "Auto preflight uplinks" and "Auto pos rprt downlink" are set to yes...

Tryed different antennas. No success.

Can somebody help me out? Was a nice feature to get the wind speeds from AS.

BR and thx!

Mathias

Hi Mathias, 

On the -8 (and now also -400) PMDG have simulated the step of having to first establish DATA LINK (DLNK) communications. This is done only once, during pre-flight via the center CDU. 

This is now a necessary step, prior to being able to uplink (request) any SATCOM data to the aircraft. Such as the flightplan or wind data. 

This will help clarify things:

https://support.precisionmanuals.com/kb/a126/loading-a-rte-via-datalink.aspx

Ok, Yesterday it worked fine. Today i did the same steps as in the manual (enter origin, destination, flightnumber), but acars shows only "perf init data not entered" - meanwhile i set up the complete flight, and im ready to go, but the message is still the same. Not sure what im doing wrong...

5 minutes ago, Humpix said:

Ok, Yesterday it worked fine. Today i did the same steps as in the manual (enter origin, destination, flightnumber), but acars shows only "perf init data not entered" - meanwhile i set up the complete flight, and im ready to go, but the message is still the same. Not sure what im doing wrong...

If it worked yesterday and failed today, then it's likely simply that you forgot something, or entered something improperly.

ICAO Origin: XXXX
ICAO Destination: XXXX
ICAO Flight Number: AAANNNN (where A is letters - three of them - and N is numbers - up to four of them)

Kyle Rodgers

10 minutes ago, Humpix said:

Ok, it worked with letters, but not when I only choose numbers - good to know 🙂 Thanks!!!

Eh? I thought all ICAO codes for Dep Airports and Arrv Airports were letters, and Flight Nos. a combination of letters and numbers as Kyle has explained so clearly

The flight number stumped me in the beginning, before datalink my habit was to populate that field with the two letter code such as 5X for UPS, which doesn't work.  Still unknown how they plan to handle BBJ and companies without codes or military.  I'm sure there is a plan but Global Ops is still being baked.

Dan Downs KCRP

2 hours ago, downscc said:

Still unknown how they plan to handle BBJ and companies without codes or military.

Different interfaces that take reg.

Kyle Rodgers

I am having the same issues... however I do not have the DLNK CNCT button and I can't log into ACARS. I have done everything in loading the route via the datalink, but I can't load my routes, get wind info... anything.

Rodney E. Jacobs

Nevermind... I am SOOO stupid.

Did not switch from ALGN to NAV on the IRS switches.

Rodney E. Jacobs