Sign in to follow this  
DylanC

747-8: A different perspective

I couldn't let Steve D have all the fun! :biggrin:

Just some random shots from my flight from KIAD to EDDF yesterday.

2J6qjYR.jpg

ClA7gte.jpg

tUKetMF.jpg

zbdVh23.jpg

MvKg2NA.jpg

IOAlIr6.jpg

AO4gzH8.jpg

1sjjdDy.jpg

WsWNBdF.jpg

wmybyBO.jpg

eYfu265.jpg

XpvX17o.jpg

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

Dylan Charles

"The aircraft G-limits are only there in case there is another flight by that particular airplane. If subsequent flights do not appear likely, there are no G-limits."

Impressive set!

• Like 1

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

Very good.  I actually like the night pics the best.  Love the angle on that last one and how you can make out the giant shadow of the -8

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Thank you both for the kind words.  She is certainly fun to fly and very photogenic.

Dylan Charles

"The aircraft G-limits are only there in case there is another flight by that particular airplane. If subsequent flights do not appear likely, there are no G-limits."

14 hours ago, DylanC said:

I couldn't let Steve D have all the fun!

Great shots Dylan!

Good to see at least someone else is enjoying her.

I remember the good old days when a new release spawned a flood if great shots here.

Good to see at least someone else took the time to show the community a great set of shots of a marvelous plane.🙂 

Still deciding if I'll add a photo tail to this livery.  Not a big fan of it...still love the "old" livery.

• Like 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Wonderful series of pictures! Feels like one is there! I have traveled via Frankfurt many times and, I believe, at least twice in the 747-8, when they started deploying it instead of their A340-600. Thanks for posting.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

Great shots Dylan!

Good to see at least someone else is enjoying her.

I remember the good old days when a new release spawned a flood if great shots here.

Good to see at least someone else took the time to show the community a great set of shots of a marvelous plane.🙂 

Still deciding if I'll add a photo tail to this livery.  Not a big fan of it...still love the "old" livery.

Thanks Steve.  Times have changed.  Most are posting videos and/or streaming on twitch rather than grabbing screenies.

i agree, very much still like the old livery, but this ones growing on me.

Dylan Charles

14 hours ago, P_7878 said:

Wonderful series of pictures! Feels like one is there! I have traveled via Frankfurt many times and, I believe, at least twice in the 747-8, when they started deploying it instead of their A340-600. Thanks for posting.

I worked in BOS for 18 years and only got to see Lufthansa fly this into there one time and it was only due to a strike.  The plane sat there for a week.  I didn’t get to go inside since it was parked remotely, but did notice the marked difference in length.   

I’m back at JFK now, but haven’t had a chance to see if it’s ever made an appearance there.  Although I did see Cathay Cargo taxiing one past terminal 8 yesterday.  

Dylan Charles