Sign in to follow this  
Geddy_2112

Aircraft Textures

Guest Grumpy46750

When switching to spot view the aircraft textures are sometimes slow to load. The aircraft is visible in gray or white, complete with reflections but the textures sometimes take several seconds to appear. Is there a tweak in the cfg or other file to adjust this? Any help or suggestions appreciated.

Guest diajohn2

Not really. It is just a lot of information for your processor and video card to work with at once. When loaded the problem goes away.That is standard for such a rich video environment.

Guest wrussd

I also used to have this problem with my radeon x800 video card.The solution that worked for me was to convert the 32 bit textures to dxt3. There is a very neat texture converter that can do the jobfor you very quickly.Here is a link to one that I found. Its not the one that I usebut it looks pretty good. Maybe backup your original textures just in case.http://www.dmflightsim.co.uk/notes_on_fs_aircraft_files.htmAlso this technique worked very well when applied to 32bit textures used at some payware airports.Russ

Actually if you need to convert to DXT3 here is the more widely used program.Download DXTBmp.exeAfter installed File/Open/Navigate to the texture you want to convert.Save As/Extended Bitmap/Pulldown DXT3/Save.All done.And it does load faster than the 32 bits.Cheers

Clarke Kruger - CYEG