Sign in to follow this  
Joseph29

Help with Las Vegas AFCAD parking!

I added a bunch of parking spaces at Las Vegas (simflyer's scenery) for my general aviation AI. The problem is that the GA planes are parking at the cargo terminal and not in the spots I just made. I have airline codes for the cargo area but the GA planes still park there. What can I do to get the GA planes to park in the spaces I made for them? Maybe change the cargo spots from parking to dock?I changed the spaces at the cargo area from parking to gate and the GA planes are parking there. Then I changed it to dock and they still parked there! (all the GA spaces i added are parking, ramp GA medium)PS: I do not not have any parking codes for the new spaces I have made. And the planes that are not parking in the right spots are Gulfstream 4's from the Ultimate GA Gulfstream 4 AI package. Also this this the only airport I have seen where these G4's are not parking at the correct spots.

Guest RonB49

I have a couple of suggestions:1. Use the AFCAD2 Tools menu to check the Gulfstream's radius and then insure that your GA Medium parking spaces are at least that radius or larger. ("Medium" is a relative label, it's the radius that matters.)2. Run the AFCAD2 error checker to insure that your new parking spots are connected to your taxiway grid. (One time I had two of blue node dots installed one atop the other but they were not connected; I don't know how it happened but it was impossible to see the problem.)R-

>I have a couple of suggestions:>>1. Use the AFCAD2 Tools menu to check the Gulfstream's radius>and then insure that your GA Medium parking spaces are at>least that radius or larger. ("Medium" is a relative label,>it's the radius that matters.)>>2. Run the AFCAD2 error checker to insure that your new>parking spots are connected to your taxiway grid. (One time I>had two of blue node dots installed one atop the other but>they were not connected; I don't know how it happened but it>was impossible to see the problem.)>>R-The radius for the Gulfstream 4's are 14m and the spaces I made are GA Medium (14m). That will not work? If not I will change the planes radius to 13m. I checked the AFCAD for errors (that was the first thing I did) and there is no errors in the AFCAD.You know how in AFCAD you can list all the parking spaces for the airport? Well for Vegas I have then all in order. Airline spaces on top of the list, then cargo, the all of the GA parking (all of them in order). Would clicking on "randomize" make anything better?

Guest RonB49

>The radius for the Gulfstream 4's are 14m and the spaces I>made are GA Medium (14m). That will not work? If not I will>change the planes radius to 13m. >>I checked the AFCAD for errors (that was the first thing I>did) and there is no errors in the AFCAD.>>You know how in AFCAD you can list all the parking spaces for>the airport? Well for Vegas I have then all in order. Airline>spaces on top of the list, then cargo, the all of the GA>parking (all of them in order). Would clicking on "randomize">make anything better?One of he best things about AFCAD2 is ease of use. It'll only take a few minutes try try both potential fixes. R-

>Hey, if you want: shoot me an e-mail with the afcad file.>kwsqd@comcast.net I'll take a look and hopefully I can help>you out.Thanks for the offer but I got it working. Changing the Gulfstream 4's radius from 14 to 13 and randomizing the parking spaces did the trick.Now the only problem I have is finding enough space at Vegas so I can add more spaces. If I get anyone general aviation AI I will need to add more spaces at LAS. :lol