Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[25SEP18] We are cooking an update for you...

Captains,

Just a quick drive-by to let you know that our support team has been collecting reports from users on various and sundry items that need development team attention, from the serious (a control freeze) to the mundane (an equipment option that doesn't save state) and everything in between.

As is normal during this period post initial release, we are doing a bit of triage on significant items that have potential to ruin your day, and also nipping off quite a bit of the low-hanging-fruit that is easy to clean up with an interim release.

Some items will take a bit longer (negative interaction between our implementation of the navigraph login and certain reshade applications) because they require detailed research and/or the fixes are high risk and merit significant time with our beta team to make sure we don't create more problems than we solve.

The plan for now is to push an interim update to you via micro-update sometime before the weekend- with the goal of smoothing out some rough edges and generally improving things in time for you weekend long haulers!

DANGER:  I am absolutely allergic to folks who jump up and down and ask if the bug that they reported has been addressed- so do not do this or we may mail you an invoice for the $324,999,930.01 price difference you paid from our original list-price.

That being said- a couple of BIG items that we have captured and killed (list is not complete- these are just the ones i can think off of the top of my head...):

• Loading a flight plan that includes certain types of LOC approaches leads to a rapid consumption of FPS and eventual sim lockup.  (Recommend you avoid LOC only approaches for a few days, please)
  • Engine pylons begin flexing at random intervals when such motion is unexpected.
  • a handful of panel state loading related reports.
  • a handful of panel state saving related reports.

IMPORTANT NOTAM:  Some users of certain reshade programs have reported that when they bring up the login screen for the Navigraph chart interface, the login screen is blacked out and unusable.  We have been coordinating with Navigraph and they have recommended a solution that we are in the process of implementing.  This is a high risk modification to the software and will require some testing to be certain the fix is actually a fix.  In the mean time, if you disable the shader, you can log in via the Navigraph screen.  We are working to resolve this as quickly as possible for our customers who do use experience this negative interaction.

Okay- i think that covers things...  If you are having trouble with anything specific we are here to help- and of course our tech support team is available as well.

Thanks again for your support of our product line-  we really are happy to see how much you guys like this product.

• Like 19
  • Upvote 2

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

First! 😆

3 minutes ago, rsrandazzo said:

DANGER:  I am absolutely allergic to folks who jump up and down and ask if the bug that they reported has been addressed- so do not do this or we may mail you an invoice for the $324,999,930.01 price difference you paid from our original list-price.

LOL!

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

The way you communicate to us with updates and other items has been phenomenal! Thanks for the update!

• Like 3

Jon Richardson

Raleigh, NC

Great product, great support. I don't think I would be into PC based flight simulation if it wasn't for PMDG!

• Like 1

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

2 hours ago, Peter Webber said:

I don't think I would be into PC based flight simulation if it wasn't for PMDG!

I certainly wouldn't be.

• Like 2

Robert, I've come across a rather stubborn bug that I just can't get around. It's really quite irritating! My wife won't allow me to purchase this product due to the cost. Do you have a fix for this bug?

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, mcbellette said:

Robert, I've come across a rather stubborn bug that I just can't get around. It's really quite irritating! My wife won't allow me to purchase this product due to the cost. Do you have a fix for this bug?

I have a solution: Open a "secret" bank account. And if she comes across the transactions and becomes suspicious, tell her you have ordered her some clothing from "Professional Model Designer Garments". A "Win Win" situation. Only problem is, you will have to find that clothing...but that is another day.

Edited by Peter Webber

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

Hi Robert,

what about the RAAS problem? Since the major update on the 744 the RAAS is not working in P3D4.3.

Also for the 74-8 RAAS does niot work, Will this be addressed also?

Best regards,

Bodo Müller

A Virtual Airline for Polar and Atlas Air
33885879kz.png
AVSIM Member since November 1998 

2 minutes ago, bodom said:

Hi Robert,

what about the RAAS problem? Since the major update on the 744 the RAAS is not working in P3D4.3.

Also for the 74-8 RAAS does niot work, Will this be addressed also?

have You checkd Your own installation ?

On my system RAAS works flawless with the 744 and 748.

FinnJ

System: i7-10700K, 32GB RAM, RTX2070S 8GB, 1TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, Win10 64bit Home

1 hour ago, mcbellette said:

Divorce

• Like 2

Harry Woodrow

3 hours ago, Wothan said:

have You checkd Your own installation ?

On my system RAAS works flawless with the 744 and 748.

FinnJ

Hi Fin,

well can you tell me what excactly to check?

in my P3Dv4 Folder there is a RAASPRO folder. On the particular aircraft the RAAS is "installed" as equipment. 

Edited by bodom

Best regards,

Bodo Müller

A Virtual Airline for Polar and Atlas Air
33885879kz.png
AVSIM Member since November 1998 

10 hours ago, rsrandazzo said:

Thanks again for your support of our product line-  we really are happy to see how much you guys like this product.

My installation and update has gone without a hitch with no problems so far.

There is one major issue for me, I miss the Clock.   ROFL

Edited by Bluestar
  • Like 1

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

To those with RAAS issues, I resolved mine after almost a year. Check these;

1. If you have RAAS in your menu, make sure the Master Switch is ON when you select it from the drop down.

2. Make sure, your particular airframe has it enabled in the OPTIONS menu

3. If it is not, download makerunways.zip and PROPERLY run it, by reading the readme.txt

4. In dll.xml, if RAASPRO is disabled, enable it by setting "Disabled" to "False"

5. Proceed to steps 1. and 2.

Note: RAAS locked for PMDG does not appear in your Add/Remove Programs

Note: My issues started after I uninstalled RAAS Locked from my Add/Remove Programs, which as it turned out was for a different software. Symptom was a CTD of P3D v4 whenever RAASPRO.dll was enabled.

Note: As an extra measure I also uninstalled and re-installed PMDG 777 and then the 747's

Xander Koote

All round aviation geek

1st Officer Boeing 777