Sign in to follow this  
twojastara

RTX 2080 ti P3D benchmarks?

Hi,

Is here someone who would get RTX 2080 ti in incoming days and wouldn't mind to share the comparison results in P3D v4?

Thanks,
Lukasz

Lukasz Kulasek

i7-8700k, RTX 2080 TI, 32 GB RAM, ASUS TUF Z370-PRO Gaming, Oculus Rift CV1

Rob will for sure post his experience with the novel RTX 2080Ti, but as nVIDIA postponed the release again another week, we still have to wait.

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

That card was recently tested by Heise.de which did not sign the NDA with Nvidia. As expected the outcome of their test was rather negative, "only a little bit more power as compared to GTX 1080 Ti  or GTX 1080 and far too expensive".

https://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldung/Nvidia-GeForce-GTX-2080-und-2080-Ti-Alle-Herstellerkarten-im-Ueberblick-4142326.html

https://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldung/Nvidia-GeForce-RTX-2080-im-Kurztest-Teurer-aber-nicht-viel-besser-als-die-Vorgaenger-4168248.html

https://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldung/Kommentar-zur-Nvidia-GeForce-RTX-2080-Der-grosse-Bluff-4169328.html

Unfortunately it is in German but Google translate might help.

Jürgen Martens, DK7HN

Hmmmm.. I thought they said "6X Faster Performance" ? I was hoping this card will increase the 20fps in P3D to 120fps.

5 minutes ago, Oliver Ooi said:

Hmmmm.. I thought they said "6X Faster Performance" ? I was hoping this card will increase the 20fps in P3D to 120fps.

It's the CPU that's the primary determinant of the frame rate in P3D...not the GPU. Assuming a properly configured system, a I'll bet that, as compared to a 1080, there will be no noticeable FPS difference at all...........Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

17 minutes ago, Oliver Ooi said:

That was only for ray tracing performance which no game supports to date, and may take years until we see it in any flightsim.

In rasterization tasks, the performance benefit is roughly 1.2 to 1.4 fold (1080ti vs. 2080ti). How that translates into fps increase in P3D is anyone's guess currently.

Edited by scisimmer

Lucky me with 2x 1080Ti OC in SLI which gives 2x the performance of a single 1080Ti OC in heavy scenery and/or many clouds....

😋

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

40 minutes ago, Oliver Ooi said:

The rule in flight simulators is GPU 6x faster performance = +5 fps

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

1 hour ago, Yogipriester said:

That card was recently tested by Heise.de which did not sign the NDA with Nvidia. As expected the outcome of their test was rather negative, "only a little bit more power as compared to GTX 1080 Ti  or GTX 1080 and far too expensive".

https://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldung/Nvidia-GeForce-GTX-2080-und-2080-Ti-Alle-Herstellerkarten-im-Ueberblick-4142326.html

https://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldung/Nvidia-GeForce-RTX-2080-im-Kurztest-Teurer-aber-nicht-viel-besser-als-die-Vorgaenger-4168248.html

https://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldung/Kommentar-zur-Nvidia-GeForce-RTX-2080-Der-grosse-Bluff-4169328.html

Unfortunately it is in German but Google translate might help.

That is very strange. I've seen multiple different benchmarks and they show around 30% of FPS increase between RTX 2080 ti and GTX 1080 ti.

For example here https://www.techspot.com/article/1702-geforce-rtx-2080-mega-benchmark/

I suppose, that P3D we should have lower FPS gain, because it is more CPU bound.

Lukasz Kulasek

i7-8700k, RTX 2080 TI, 32 GB RAM, ASUS TUF Z370-PRO Gaming, Oculus Rift CV1

I don't know what to make of all of the reviews I keep finding on the internet. Some are praising the card and are seeing massive gains and are saying this is the best thing humanity got since a fire and then there are the other ones that are saying it's a massive overpriced disappointment. I guess we just have to wait and see what exactly the card can do in P3D and how it compares to 1080Ti.

Well before the early adopters get there hands on the 2080ti I'll say I would like to see apples to apples comparisons with the 1080ti not the usual "WOW!!!! It's like I am getting about 50more FPS" nonsense! Its not difficult to do. All you have to do is record a segment of a hard hitting scenario using the built in P3D recorder. Then you play back that recording and capture the video with Shadowplay showing the FPS in the corner. In fact if you have a 1080ti you can do that bit right now. Once you install your 2080ti and change nothing else you play back the recorded scenario again and capture the same video showing the FPS in the opposite corner. Using VLC media player you can playback both synchronized videos side by side with FPS's next to each other and again capture that side by side video with Shadowplay. Upload to Youtube and we can all see your apples to apples comparisons.

I did exactly this with the transition from Prepar3D V4.2 to V4.3 and saw no discernible improvement in FPS or dynamic lighting. I believe this test is pretty conclusive. In the case of the hardware the only thing that would change is the GPU and driver. Make sure you use the latest drivers and NCP setting are the same in both instances. Change nothing else!

I'd be willing to hazard a guess that in Prepar3D for the 1080p users there will be no difference.

Here are the two comparisons I made between V4.2 and V4.3 and I would love if someone would do the same, comparing 1080ti to the 2080ti and prove me wrong:

Edited by Guest

4 hours ago, Avidean said:

I would like to see apples to apples comparisons with the 1080ti not the usual "WOW!!!! It's like I am getting about 50more FPS" nonsense!

Amen!

Wow! Its seems my post put an end to this salient thread? Is this one of those truth to power or perhaps merely truth to BS moments? Not withstanding that perhaps a 2080ti might make a discernible difference over a 1080ti in 4k. Making that objective comparison using the above method would also be worth seeing. perhaps Rob could take the time to do this for the benefit of the rest of us.

Edited by Guest

32 minutes ago, Avidean said:

Wow! Its seems my post put an end to this salient thread? Is this one of those truth to power or perhaps merely truth to BS moments? Not withstanding that perhaps a 2080ti might make a discernible difference over a 1080ti in 4k. Making that objective comparison using the above method would also be worth seeing. perhaps Rob could take the time to do this for the benefit of the rest of us.

Or maybe no one on this forum has a 2080 Ti yet?  I haven't received mine yet, still waiting for my pre-order to ship out.  If Rob or someone else doesn't get their card first and post some kind of P3D performance results here, I will attempt to do so.  I do have 6 kids though, including 3 (triplets) under a year so I can't make any promises 😁

4 hours ago, TechguyMaxC said:

Or maybe no one on this forum has a 2080 Ti yet?  I haven't received mine yet, still waiting for my pre-order to ship out.  If Rob or someone else doesn't get their card first and post some kind of P3D performance results here, I will attempt to do so.  I do have 6 kids though, including 3 (triplets) under a year so I can't make any promises 😁

You guys had triplets!!!  Congrats my man!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |