twojastara

RTX 2080 ti P3D benchmarks?

I just recieved my nvlink bridge yesterday and got SLI enabled on my 2080 Tis.  I need to purchase prepar3d yet,  but hopefully I can get you guys some numbers this weekend.  I'm running a 6900k processor at 4.3GHZ btw.  

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

i have a RTX 2080Ti it came yesterday. 

I have had no improvement in P3d at all over my 980Ti, not a single FPS improvement. In fact I lost FPS in my new card

What is the full specification of your PC?

12 hours ago, AstonNWoods said:

Hey.

i have a RTX 2080Ti it came yesterday. 

I have had no improvement in P3d at all over my 980Ti, not a single FPS improvement. In fact I lost FPS in my new card.

See Rob's Medium, High and Very High Settings for testing. I am sure with High and certainly with Very High Settings you will see a (big) difference between your 980Ti and 2080Ti card. You just need to up the settings that tax the graphics card...

This is where knowing the resolution settings/number of monitors etc. is crucial. If someone is running P3D @ 1920x1080 resolution on a single monitor, then upgrading from a 980Ti to a 2080Ti would probably be pointless.

45 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

This is where knowing the resolution settings/number of monitors etc. is crucial. If someone is running P3D @ 1920x1080 resolution on a single monitor, then upgrading from a 980Ti to a 2080Ti would probably be pointless.

yep, but robs tests show that a 2080ti is mostly pointless even in 4K ... I wont be purchasing one - try to pick up a used 1080ti instead

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, kevinfirth said:

yep, but robs tests show that a 2080ti is mostly pointless even in 4K ... I wont be purchasing one - try to pick up a used 1080ti instead

It is only of use if you use lots of shadows enabled icw high AA settings .

But that makes the Sim look much more realistic ....

Well, without even heavy shadow settings, just having regular bad weather with overcast/ multiple layer generated by AS16 should be a good test. That is the scenario that Rob should be testing. Flying with overcast skies with clouds set to 90mi saturates my 1070. I switch from 4k to 1080p. I' still don't know how much of a difference a 1080ti/2080 improves on that vs my 1070. 

1 hour ago, vincentrouleau said:

Well, without even heavy shadow settings, just having regular bad weather with overcast/ multiple layer generated by AS16 should be a good test. That is the scenario that Rob should be testing. Flying with overcast skies with clouds set to 90mi saturates my 1070. I switch from 4k to 1080p. I' still don't know how much of a difference a 1080ti/2080 improves on that vs my 1070. 

I think Rob's test gives us a pretty good idea on what the 2080 bandwidth capacity is vs the 1080.

Now as far as the 1070 vs the 1080ti: The 1080ti will give you a meaningful capacity boost vs the 1070 ....pop is dependent on your configuration .....in which you don't list.

Edited by FunknNasty

4 hours ago, vincentrouleau said:

FYI my 1080ti will not run heavy overcast with aggressive shadow settings.  I either have to turn cloud shadows off or reduce the draw distance.  I hate reducing the draw distance because then u see the cut off point around the aircraft.

I assume that means that you are running at super high resolution, or you have a multi monitor setup? I would expect a 1080Ti (one of the fastest graphics cards on the planet) to cream all over a setup like mine (1920x1080 resolution on a single 24" screen).

Edited by Christopher Low

11 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

I assume that means that you are running at super high resolution, or you have a multi monitor setup? I would expect a 1080Ti (one of the fastest graphics cards on the planet) to cream all over a setup like mine (1920x1080 resolution on a single 24" screen).

3840x1600 ultra wide monitor.  Cloud shadows are a killer

On 10/8/2018 at 11:57 PM, Chrisflyer said:

Well, I just installed my new RTX 2080 ti, coming from a GTX 1080.

I am running P3dV4.3 on a 4K monitor.

I am not going to bother you with all my settings, just say they are rather rather medium.

PMDG 777 at EKCH:

GTX 1080 : around 24 fps

RTX 2080 : around 24 fps

Yup, thats right, can't see much difference here...

Hi, 

My graphic card Titan X 12GB is three years old now, rising temperature to 84 degrees Celsius during entire flight. No cooling kit installed for GPU. Planning to go for RTX 2080TI.  If 2080 Ti also having same temperatures for P3Dv4.3  then I have to rethink before placing order with local dealer. Requesting suggestion from expert simmers those who experienced with 2080Ti. 

Windows10 Pro, Gigabyte Z370 mother board,  i7 8700K CPU with water cooler kit, GTX Titan X 12GB GPU, Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2 1TB (exclusively for P3Dv4.3)  Samsung 970 pro NVMe M.2 500GB (C drive), Samsung 860 EVO 500 GB ( exclusively for FSX), Add on:  Orbx: FTX Global Range all products, All regions and few Airports etc etc, ASP4, ASCA, REX TD Enhanced Edition with Soft Clouds, REX Sky Force 3, PMDG 747, 777, Aerosoft A318/319-A320-321 Professional, 1920 x 1080p monitor.

Edited by ASP Rao

13 minutes ago, ASP Rao said:

My graphic card Titan X 12GB is three years old now, 

[...]

1920 x 1080p monitor.

Instead of wasting 1300€ for a novel GPU that provides you maybe 5% more FPS in FullHD, I would seriously consider investing the money into a bigger screen with a higher resolution. But that's just my opinion...

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, AnkH said:

Instead of wasting 1300€ for a novel GPU that provides you maybe 5% more FPS in FullHD, I would seriously consider investing the money into a bigger screen with a higher resolution. But that's just my opinion...

Couldn't agree more. Going to my single 43" 4K panel has been transformative, and I'm kicking myself I didn't do it sooner (a multi-monitor setup would be just as amazing though...)

@DylanM,

I wonder how many 4KHD large screen HDTVs the 2080ti could drive at a great frame rate?? Sounds great! But maybe just a very large curved 4KHDTV would perform better. I've noticed at Best Buy that I can get real close to a 4K TV - maybe the standard 30 inches for just standard PC work.

Dave W.

17 minutes ago, whitav8 said:

@DylanM,

I wonder how many 4KHD large screen HDTVs the 2080ti could drive at a great frame rate?? Sounds great! But maybe just a very large curved 4KHDTV would perform better. I've noticed at Best Buy that I can get real close to a 4K TV - maybe the standard 30 inches for just standard PC work.

Dave W.

One. 

A 4K TV display still has 33% more pixels than a triple 1920x1080 monitor display.  A pair of 1080Ti GPUs in SLI (probably close to a 2080Ti in performance) can comfortably push a 4K display even with fairly heavy GPU workload from AA and dynamic lighting.  I wouldn't even try with more than one 4K display.  Large 4K displays are just as much in need of AA as smaller HD displays...if you can make out individual pixels on the screen at the resolution and viewing distance you're using, then you will also be able to see jaggies, and need AA.

Regards

On 10/8/2018 at 7:27 PM, Chrisflyer said:

Well, I just installed my new RTX 2080 ti, coming from a GTX 1080.

I am running P3dV4.3 on a 4K monitor.

I am not going to bother you with all my settings, just say they are rather rather medium.

PMDG 777 at EKCH:

GTX 1080 : around 24 fps

RTX 2080 : around 24 fps

Yup, thats right, can't see much difference here...

It would be extremely helpful if you could include your computer specs in these type of messages. The sig block is ideal.

Without relevant info these messages aren’t particularly helpful. I find it astounding a card that costs several hundreds pounds more doesn’t deliver any gain whatsoever. Your CPU info etc. is vital.

49 minutes ago, w6kd said:

One. 

A 4K TV display still has 33% more pixels than a triple 1920x1080 monitor display.  A pair of 1080Ti GPUs in SLI (probably close to a 2080Ti in performance) can comfortably push a 4K display even with fairly heavy GPU workload from AA and dynamic lighting.  I wouldn't even try with more than one 4K display.  Large 4K displays are just as much in need of AA as smaller HD displays...if you can make out individual pixels on the screen at the resolution and viewing distance you're using, then you will also be able to see jaggies, and need AA.

Regards

That is what I use : 2x 1080Ti

If I sell them I need to add € 300 for 1 2080 Ti to see almost the same performance.

This is why it is extremely important to have a well balanced system. If you want to waste (sorry, I mean spend) a thousand pounds on the latest super duper graphics card, then you need the best CPU, motherboard, and RAM that you can get to keep up with it.

• Like 3

Hi,

I'd like to second a request for a performance comparison between one 2080ti and two 1080ti in sli.  I've been reading this thread with great interest as my 1080ti has just been returned under warranty for a full refund.  For a roughly similar outlay I could replace my faulty card with a 2080ti, or go for two 1080tis.

My cpu is an 8700k,, o'clocked to 4.9, but I'm into VR and use a Vive Pro which is pretty demanding.

Jim

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jimh said:

Hi,

I'd like to second a request for a performance comparison between one 2080ti and two 1080ti in sli.  I've been reading this thread with great interest as my 1080ti has just been returned under warranty for a full refund.  For a roughly similar outlay I could replace my faulty card with a 2080ti, or go for two 1080tis.

My cpu is an 8700k,, o'clocked to 4.9, but I'm into VR and use a Vive Pro which is pretty demanding.

Jim

Does VR behave the same way as flat panel when it comes to performance in sli though? We need someone who actually uses VR to do tests in VR P3D.

On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 8:26 PM, AnkH said:

Agree with you. I shall drop the idea of going for 2080Ti for the time being. Will look for solution to bring the GPU temperature down. Thanks for your opinion. Also seriously thinking of going for 34 inch 4k curved monitor.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, glider1 said:

Does VR behave the same way as flat panel when it comes to performance in sli though? We need someone who actually uses VR to do tests in VR P3D. 

Good question.  I'm not at all technically qualified, just assumed that we are driving pixels.  The Vive Pro has two screens of 1440x1600, or 2880x1600 total.  My previous triple monitor setup had a resolution of 3840x1024, so the VP res. lies between the triple monitor and 4k TV for load of pixels.

None of the above answers the original question though.  😯  (I just need to decide on some kind of card for my crippled computer!)

Jim

Moving along, nothing to see here!

• Upvote 1