Sign in to follow this  
Gaz

Using a tablet to track aircraft

Hi

I'm currently using FsMovMap2 Pro and I'm having trouble seeing some of the features. It doesn't always show the flight plan, and it doesn't always show up the airports unless you're very close. 

Anyway, does anyone have an alternative to FsMovMap2 Pro? I do like it, but I just would like to see an alternative. 

Thanks, Gaz

How does Moses make his coffee? Hebrews it.  

I took the shell off my racing snail, thinking it would make him run faster. If anything, that made him more sluggish.

Gaz on Facebook

I use Navigraph Charts. I like with its map function I can overlay some approach charts and the airport diagrams are helpful when taxiing.

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

Hi Gaz,

If you happen to live and fly in North America - FltPlan GO is the best thing since sliced bread... It's a completely FREE moving map EFB and is the ONLY source of FREE georeferenced approach plates and taxi diagrams I've ever seen... It has both plates on sectional or stand alone modes... Been using it for years - it supports FSX, P3D, and XP on Apple, Android, and Windows tablets... Love it...

https://flttrack.fltplan.com/FltPlanInfo/FltPlan-Free-Services.html

blJVzN_2zjAdeNqc-PdnovPY3mHWvvJ92QMzYSRp

643x0w.jpg

576x768bb.jpg

Regards,
Scott

Edited by scottb613
  • Upvote 1

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Just tried to get that FltPlan Go. What a nonsensical drawn-out MS-linked process ! Gave up bothering with it.

Err...  You register (for free) on their website, you DL the (free) app to your tablet, and you download the (free) utility which links P3D to the tablet.  MS-linked?  Well, the utility does run on the PC, but that's 'cause P3D does. 🙂

This is a real world app, so its use model is very much real world as well but that's part of the appeal to me.  Nevertheless, they officially support sims (FSX/P3D and XP) and it works very very well.  A top recommendation from me as well - with the one proviso that its north america only.

Scott

Edited by tttocs
  • Like 1

I fully agree with Scott, oh! and Scott too, about Fltplan.com and its Fltplan Go app.  If you do a search here on Avsim you should come up with a couple of detailed review messages I posted some time back, including understanding of how it links up.  It is not an nonsensical drawn out process.  It just requires establishing a link between your flight sim computer and the Fltplan Go app on your tablet with both connected to the same wireless network. 

You must establish an account (free) and to get the maximum benefit you must plan and save your flight plans at Fltplan.com.  Once saved at the web site, and signed in via the app, the flight plans are available in the app.  You can also access the web site via the app.

Here is a link to my 2015 topic.  The resulting topic continues for 8 pages and there are great tips as far in as pages 7 and 8, as features have continued to grow.

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/471387-fltplan-go-app-for-ipad-way-cool/

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

6 minutes ago, tttocs said:

MS-linked?

Yup, if you want it to Windows as I have no need for a tablet. MS+Windows, get it?

Hi Folks,

The other great benefit of your FREE FltPlan account is they have performance profiles for just about every GA and BizJet (a few airliners) aircraft ever made - so you can get some real world fuel burns and time performance with your flight plan as well...

gift_horse.jpg

:tongue:

Regards,

Scott 

• Like 1

I appear to have caused a bit of an argument, and I'm sorry for that. 

I didn't mention, I don't live in North America - I live in the UK, so I'm guessing one of those apps won't help. 

Maybe I should simply stick to what I have... 

Gaz

How does Moses make his coffee? Hebrews it.  

I took the shell off my racing snail, thinking it would make him run faster. If anything, that made him more sluggish.

Gaz on Facebook

Foreflight works for me.

Edited by newtie

2 hours ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

The other great benefit of your FREE FltPlan account is they have performance profiles for just about every GA and BizJet (a few airliners) aircraft ever made - so you can get some real world fuel burns and time performance with your flight plan as well...

gift_horse.jpg

:tongue:

Regards,

Scott 

:>)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Gary McCluskey said:

I appear to have caused a bit of an argument, and I'm sorry for that. 

Gaz

Hi Gaz,

Bah - no arguments - just fun'n around - all good - we're all friends here...

:wink:

Regards,

Scott

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, newtie said:

Foreflight works for me.

I too have been using foreflight for years both real world (till retirement) and now on P3d. It's excellent but not inexpensive especially if you purchase areas outside of Canada/USA. Support is excellent.

Dave