Sign in to follow this  
Wink207

Pause on Top of Descent (or fixed distance)

Hi all:

I find it useful to have a Pause on TOD, or Pause at a fixed distance from arrival. Does anyone have an idea how that could be implemented in the Lear 35? Perhaps through a LUA?

I'd appreciate your thoughts.

Rick

8 hours ago, Wink207 said:

Hi all:

I find it useful to have a Pause on TOD, or Pause at a fixed distance from arrival. Does anyone have an idea how that could be implemented in the Lear 35? Perhaps through a LUA?

I'd appreciate your thoughts.

Rick

Hi Rick,

I looked into this briefly. If you have a registered copy of FSUIPC, you can use a Lua script to pause the sim. Possibilities are to pause based on the GPS time in route to the next waypoint, or based on the GPS distance to the next waypoint (distance to destination does not seem to be easily available). So if you used GPS time or distance to the next waypoint, I would guess you would want to start the script at a point when the next waypoint is in the destination terminal area (e.g., a transition waypoint or IAF).  In any of these cases, you could either  'hard-wire' the time or distance into the script, or when the script is started (e.g., with a key stroke or button) it could ask you to input the desired time or distance. [UPDATE] I just did a little experiment and it now seems this may not work with the GTN750 GPS, but only with the sim's default GPS. So perhaps a better option would be to simply pause the sim based on time since the script is started by the user. So, for example, the sim would pause approximately M minutes after takeoff if you started it just after takeoff, or M minutes after whenever you started it. The value for M would be inputted into the script from the keyboard when the script is started. So if you know the flight will take approximately 3 hours, at takeoff you could input an M value of 120 minutes to pause the sim about 1 hour out from the destination. Or, when about 2 hours out from the destination, you could start the script with an M value of 90 which would pause the sim about 30 minutes out from the destination, etc.  This script approach would be independent of the aircraft being used.

Al

Edited by ark

4 hours ago, ark said:

Hi Rick,

I looked into this briefly. If you have a registered copy of FSUIPC, you can use a Lua script to pause the sim. Possibilities are to pause based on the GPS time in route to the next waypoint, or based on the GPS distance to the next waypoint (distance to destination does not seem to be easily available). So if you used GPS time or distance to the next waypoint, I would guess you would want to start the script at a point when the next waypoint is in the destination terminal area (e.g., a transition waypoint or IAF).  In any of these cases, you could either  'hard-wire' the time or distance into the script, or when the script is started (e.g., with a key stroke or button) it could ask you to input the desired time or distance. [UPDATE] I just did a little experiment and it now seems this may not work with the GTN750 GPS, but only with the sim's default GPS. So perhaps a better option would be to simply pause the sim based on time since the script is started by the user. So, for example, the sim would pause approximately M minutes after takeoff if you started it just after takeoff, or M minutes after whenever you started it. The value for M would be inputted into the script from the keyboard when the script is started. So if you know the flight will take approximately 3 hours, at takeoff you could input an M value of 120 minutes to pause the sim about 1 hour out from the destination. Or, when about 2 hours out from the destination, you could start the script with an M value of 90 which would pause the sim about 30 minutes out from the destination, etc.  This script approach would be independent of the aircraft being used.

Al

Hi Al:

Thank you for taking an interest in this subject. I'm kinda surprised that this hasn't come up before. Some payware aircraft like PDMG and MADDOG have the capability programmed into the FMS. I thought it may be possible to use FSUIPC to do this. I'll give it some thought but I'm not hopeful that I could figure out how to code this. I am familiar with FSUIPC and LUA operators, such the one for the Lear. But I doubt I could create such a LUA myself.

Thanks again,

Rick

3 hours ago, Wink207 said:

Hi Al:

Thank you for taking an interest in this subject. I'm kinda surprised that this hasn't come up before. Some payware aircraft like PDMG and MADDOG have the capability programmed into the FMS.  I thought it may be possible to use FSUIPC to do this. I'll give it some thought but I'm not hopeful that I could figure out how to code this. I am familiar with FSUIPC and LUA operators, such the one for the Lear. But I doubt I could create such a LUA myself.

Thanks again,

Rick

Hi Rick,

I put together a small script that pauses the sim M minutes after the script is started, where M is a value entered from the keyboard when the script starts.  If you want to experiment with this a bit PM me an email address along with which sim you are using, and I will send you the script.

Al

Edited by ark
  • Like 1

On 9/25/2018 at 7:23 PM, ark said:

Hi Rick,

I put together a small script that pauses the sim M minutes after the script is started, where M is a value entered from the keyboard when the script starts.  If you want to experiment with this a bit PM me an email address along with which sim you are using, and I will send you the script.

Al

Al:

Thank you for this LUA file. It runs perfectly! I flew a 2-1/2 hr flight today with the Lear 35, calling up the LUA while on the tarmac. I  entered 120 minutes, hit Enter, and off I went. I flew the TO and climb out, then went to do other things, checking every so often. 2 hours later, FSX paused, as expected. What a great little tool.

Thanks again,

Rick

Rick,

Glad to hear the PauseFSX script meets your needs -- I appreciate the feedback.  I know you are using it with the L35, but it will work with any FSX aircraft, and the PauseP3Dv4 script with any P3Dv4 aircraft.

Regards,

Al

Edited by ark

On 9/28/2018 at 2:51 AM, ark said:

Rick,

Glad to hear the PauseFSX script meets your needs -- I appreciate the feedback.  I know you are using it with the L35, but it will work with any FSX aircraft, and the PauseP3Dv4 script with any P3Dv4 aircraft.

Regards,

Al

Hey could you send me this script please? I would also like to pause at tod for my ifly 737 aircraft. 

Regards 

Govind 

5 minutes ago, govindsr180 said:

Hey could you send me this script please? I would also like to pause at tod for my ifly 737 aircraft. 

Regards 

Govind 

Govind,

Sure -- be glad to send you the Pause Lua script. PM me an email address and what sim you are using and I'll send it.

Al

Hi Newtie

thank you for your proposition ,

can you sent me also the code ?

texnamor@yahoo.fr

Thank you very much

On 9/25/2018 at 7:23 PM, ark said:

Hi Rick,

Al

Hi Al. Would you please send me this script? PM sent. Thanks!

Best Regards,

Roberto

2 hours ago, Ralvarez232 said:

Hi Al. Would you please send me this script? PM sent. Thanks!

Best Regards,

Roberto

Roberto,

I put a new pause script that works for both MSFS and P3D in the FSUIPC User Contribution forum called SetPauseMSFS&P3D. See

https://forum.simflight.com/topic/91605-set-future-pause-for-msfs-or-p3d/

That should work fine for any aircraft including the Majestic Q400 you asked about. Let me know how it goes.

Al

Edited by ark

3 hours ago, ark said:

Roberto,

I put a new pause script that works for both MSFS and P3D in the FSUIPC User Contribution forum called SetPauseMSFS&P3D. See

https://forum.simflight.com/topic/91605-set-future-pause-for-msfs-or-p3d/

That should work fine for any aircraft including the Majestic Q400 you asked about. Let me know how it goes.

Al

Hi Al. Thanks.

Would it will work with FSX SE?

Roberto

56 minutes ago, Ralvarez232 said:

Hi Al. Thanks.

Would it will work with FSX SE?

Roberto

No, is that the sim you are using? If so I'll email you a different pause script for FSX.

Al

Edited by ark

4 hours ago, namorita said:

Hi ark

can you sent me also the code ?

Thank you very much

Hello Namorita,

Sure, I'll be glad to send you the pause Lua script, but I need to know for which sim? 

By the way, I have hidden your original post. It is not wise to put your email address in a public post. Better to use Private Messages (PM) for that.

Al

Edited by ark