Sign in to follow this  
Guest Sticks

Captain Sim 757 v1.2 updated

Gents just to let you know CS's new 1.2 update is up and running :)Very nice indeed. 2D panel is gorgeous.Take careTim :D

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

Thanks for the heads up.However, this will be the first title ever for me, where I will wait to purchase until there is a thorough positiv review on the whole package (including the upcomming Block F with a "fully working FMC").I simply had it with beeing a paying betatester for various addons.http://www.scandicair.com/images/sa_banner.gifMy specs are:Dell Dimension 4600 P4/2.8 at 3.0 Ghz1024 Mb DDR333 Dual channel memory (2x256,1x512)256 Mb ATI Radeon X850 Pro ViVo, flashed to a X850 XT PE. Catalyst 6.5ATITool V0.24DirectX 9.0cW XP Home with SP2E171FPb Flat panel monitor 17"370Gb HD (120 GB Maxtor, 250GB Samsung) 7200rpm ATA Lacie 250Gb Extern HD

Staffan

There it does look really nice. There is one problem though with the flaps. Somehow the .mdl file(s) disassociated itself with the flap keyboard/joystick command. Right now the only way to deploy the flaps is to pull the lever in the VC! This is very cumbersome, especially when the throttles are in the way. This needs to be fixed ASAP!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

The V1.2 2D panel does look nice, I did not have that problem with the flaps, the F7/F6 keys worked fine for me. However it seems the Flight Director and Auto Throttle buttons do not work in the 2D, I could only switch them on/off from the VC.Craig

Hello,When I installed the 1.2 update I could not deploy the flaps at all.I uninstalled the entire 757 system - All components, folders, etc. After I used their uninstalls I went into the FS9 folders and removed all 757 folders.I then reinstalled all of my current modules A-1.1 B 1.2 and C 1.2All switches now work and the flaps work from all of my controls - Yoke, keyboard and GOFLIGHT.Hope this helps and cheers,Ron SagelNEAR KCHS

>Hello,>>When I installed the 1.2 update I could not deploy the flaps>at all.>I uninstalled the entire 757 system - All components, folders,>etc. After I used their uninstalls I went into the FS9 folders>and removed all 757 folders.>>I then reinstalled all of my current modules A-1.1 B 1.2 and>C 1.2>>All switches now work and the flaps work from all of my>controls - Yoke, keyboard and GOFLIGHT.>>Hope this helps and cheers,>>Ron Sagel>NEAR KCHS>Thanks, that worked!!! I'm sure the way that option is in the installer others will do the same thing, and have the same problem!! I'll let them know over at CS's site!!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

>>Hello,>>>>When I installed the 1.2 update I could not deploy the flaps>>at all.>>I uninstalled the entire 757 system - All components,>folders,>>etc. After I used their uninstalls I went into the FS9>folders>>and removed all 757 folders.>>>>I then reinstalled all of my current modules A-1.1 B 1.2>and>>C 1.2>>>>All switches now work and the flaps work from all of my>>controls - Yoke, keyboard and GOFLIGHT.>>>>Hope this helps and cheers,>>>>Ron Sagel>>NEAR KCHS>>>>Thanks, that worked!!! I'm sure the way that option is in the>installer others will do the same thing, and have the same>problem!! I'll let them know over at CS's site!!This is all listed where you d/l'ed the files...:)Tim

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

Guest ecv737

I went to CS Site but do not understand what to do. Is getting into update 1.2 having to buy again the whole thing?(I mean all existing Blocks)Is there a patch to update or is it a new download stating with the Base Package. Could you please explain.This i beginning to resemble a rip off. Normally there is a special price for the previous ownwers, etc.I should had paid more attention to some comments made here about CS practices. When do we get the FMC????Edmundo Cardenas van Grieken/SVMICaracas, Venezuelapilot.gif

>I went to CS Site but do not understand what to do. >>Is getting into update 1.2 having to buy again the whole>thing?(I mean all existing Blocks)>>Is there a patch to update or is it a new download stating>with the Base Package. Could you please explain.>>This i beginning to resemble a rip off. Normally there is a>special price for the previous ownwers, etc.>>I should had paid more attention to some comments made here>about CS practices. When do we get the FMC????>>Edmundo Cardenas van Grieken/SVMI>Caracas, Venezuela>No, go to the link they published, scroll down you will see another link, I think it's called Account Support. Click on it and then enter your original order number and the security number in the image, and you will be taken to the download page. If you no longer have your order number there is a link to handle that as well!!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

How about some pic's in the screen-shot forum...what new liveries are included?Thanks.....Darryl

Guest AOA

Hi"I simply had it with beeing a paying betatester for various addons."Well said.Pete

Guest Sticks

Hi Ron, I tried installing/reinstalling to CS intructions and yours and in both the flaps worked but I lost the digital readouts on the MCP. I have Block B, Block 300 and Block E soundset.CS says "If you are the Block 300 v1.1 owner, please follow the following installation secuence: Block B, then Block 300, then Block B again, then Block C, then Block E. The procedure effective until Block 300 v1.2 released." I wish they'd be more specific regarding installing versions. Do they mean install Block B 1.1 or 1.2 first followed by Block 300 1.1 and then Block B 1.2 again?Unpon running 1.2 there are 2 option: Re-install or uninstall. Which does CS want? Reinstall 1.2 over 1.2 or 1.2 over 1.1 or Uninstall 1.1 from above then install 1.2?Thx Bill

Hello,I don't have the 300 at all but I believe that CS does not release any "patches". What that meant to me was that if I deleted ALL of their software from my system (using their installer selections) and then went in and deleted all of the remaining folders that I could find in my system that the "original" CS 757 would then be gone.What I then assumed was that since there were no patches, I just installed my 757 with the most current versions of each block that I had. In my case it was A (version 1.1) then B (version 1.2) then C (version 1.2). That worked fine for me.I must also add that this addon is starting to bother me a lot - it is a work in progress and although I like it, I still find that the 1.2 update is lacking so much and has so many problems that I may wait for a final version before I fly it anymore. I am presently flying the new YAK40 and, while it has performance problems in "dense scenery" the VC is so good that I use it all the time.Cheers and I hope you get it going,Ron SagelNEAR KCHS

Guest Sticks

Thx Ron,But I give up. This 1.2 has my whole CS757 setup all screwed up now after uninstalling/re-installing the whole night away. I can normally figure these things out (which I shouldn't have to) and I should've known better than to proceed until the instructions were written in a more understandable manner. I hope these posts lend some insight to developers to write precisly what they mean and put as much detail into their instructions as possible; versions, dates and sequences etc.Bill