Sign in to follow this  
MSFS Ralf

Uninstaller

Welcome aboard, the night train 🙂

Actually I presently opt for flying nice aircraft, with what I believe are realistic flight dynamics modeling, and plausible systems, in short circuits, stunts, or under really bad weather conditions...

The time of playing complex airliner management is gone and my brain is not up to that "thrill" anymore... OTOH I have to admit playing combat sims gives me unequaled pleasure 🙂  I do that in other two sims... and look fwd for that Bush Flying Sim...

Here at XP11 land there's a LOT happening these days - Austin and the LR team are doing their best to bring XP11 to the tops, and we are expecting great / good surprises for 11.30 and following updates. At the same time promising add-ons are in the make, some really interesting aircraft are being added to the hangar, so, lot's of new stuff being pumped in... 

But from time to time I buy a 1 month P3D license too, and go play my FSLabs toys... That's about all I install P3D for these days... 

So, your jump, into another platform, if I correctly interpreted the OP, is salutar - just keep your eye on 11.30 - it can be a BOMB !

Edited by Von Target

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I uninstalled FSX to go to XP10.  XP10 didn't do it for me and I went back to FSX and then on to P3D.  When P3D didn't go 64-bit and XP11 came out, I made another switch only to go back to P3D when it went to 64-bit.  (Yes, I am crazy!)  Recently, I became tired of slow load times and other issues with P3D and came back to XP11.  I really have to think that I will not do this again for quite awhile!

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

18 minutes ago, ricka47 said:

I uninstalled FSX to go to XP10.  XP10 didn't do it for me and I went back to FSX and then on to P3D.  When P3D didn't go 64-bit and XP11 came out, I made another switch only to go back to P3D when it went to 64-bit.  (Yes, I am crazy!)  Recently, I became tired of slow load times and other issues with P3D and came back to XP11.  I really have to think that I will not do this again for quite awhile!

Sorry to sound rude, but you're a roockie in as far as changing back & forth goes 🙂

Now multiply that by …. 100 ? Ah! And don't Forget multiplicity 8 since for me it involves Aerowinx PSX, ELITE, IL2, DCS, Condorsoaring, SilentWings, X-plane and P3D...

I seldom can use more than two at the same time too, so, make it C8🙂

Edited by Von Target
  • Like 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

57 minutes ago, Bjoern said:

I'm confused. Was X-Plane unsinstalled or any MSFS flavor?

No, I believe the OP just meant that he is enjoying the other sim - not uninstalling anything at all… 

Main Simulation Rig:

You dont uninstall xplane anyway you just delete it. But than if you are smart you have a backup so you can copy it back later when you realise its better.

Why stick to one sim?

On my PC I have X-Plane 11.26, PrePar3D 4.3, Aerofly 2, FSX-SE and even FSW isn't uninstalled. X-plane and P3D are the ones I prefer, and they have there pros and cons, but both can entertain me for hours, and I like the differences.

Greetings  Kurt

MSFS, X-Plane 12

AMD Ryzen 9 3900x, 32Gb ram, RX 5700 XT 8Gb ram, 1TB SSD

Easy, money, all my money is going on xplane, completely deleted FSx and all the addons i had, besides i dont fly enough, spend most my time doing scenery for gateway.

• Like 2

„Uninstaller“ is some kind of running gag here at the forums. Yes, most of you are right, I installed the other one. After I updated my NVIDIA drivers I noticed stutters every few seconds in XP11 and I‘m still unhappy with the ground effects that prevents landung smoother than 600ft/min. Autoland is affected too and FPS are around 25. So yes, better call it co-installing but I was in the mood to talk about the Uninstaller again, lol. Sure I wait for XP11.x. Maybe it’s like going to bad place after marriage for 30 years. Just kidding, would not do that.

Edited by Ralf Maylin
  • Like 2

I feel your feels 🙂

Also looking fwd into 11.30, although regarding the ground effect, things will probably not end much different from the way they are now...

In that "leaked" link to the potential list of updates and fixes coming with 11.30, Austin mentions the effect lke experienced in the older B707 family, of a pitching down tendency while approaching the ground, and says that similar aircraft will exhibit the same effect - in that particular case due to a bug discovered by Murmur...

As someone wrote at another thread, X-plane's FDM and systems are made of really cool, sometimes unique among the civil sims, stuff, but also sometimes added with overdone effects. This was the case with the engine torque, introduced in along XP9, and way overdone

The potential list of fixes and additional features planned for XP11.30 is so huge that it certainly is very difficult to make it all work perfect from the start... There will be some tuning along XP11, aircraft developers will probably try to incorporate those features in upcoming products or updates for former ones... It's a continuous process with X-Plane, and a rather dynamic one again, now that Austin is more available to take care of his creation, not forgetting about the rest of the LR team of course !

At the same time other platforms are under scan for me... In a recent interview Matt Wagner, lead producer of DCS World, talked about possible future releases of civil aircraft, but also, full World coverage. For some developers the future can really be bright...

Edited by Von Target

Main Simulation Rig:

On 9/28/2018 at 1:20 PM, Von Target said:

In a recent interview Matt Wagner, lead producer of DCS World, talked about possible future releases of civil aircraft, but also, full World coverage.

That is quite interesting indeed Mr. Von.

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo