Sign in to follow this  
flyboy05

FPS lag on mouse hovering over VC clickspots

Hello,

I'm getting a really annoying FPS drop every time I hover the mouse over anything that's clickable in the VC. For example, I move the mouse to a switch and FPS drops from 30 to 15. After a second the FPS goes back to normal. This can be frustrating when making heading SEL changes during flight you really notice the lag.

Note that I did not experience this issue with earlier versions of QOTSII.

This does not happen with other addon aircraft. Only on Both 744 & 748.

FSXSE

Win10

(Everything is updated)

JeanCarlos Hernandez

This sounds like the old FSX issue where the cursor would drop your FPS whenever it was visible. But I don’t know why you’re only seeing it in the 74.

Alex Pugh 

no its not the standard FSX mouse bug. that's normal, but that bug is very minimal on my system. 

when I load the NGX 737 I don't get that problem. NGX performs smooth as butter. 

JeanCarlos Hernandez

I just checked mine and do not see any fps drop when mouse is over click areas.

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Hello,

Got same lag with P3D V4 and with last 747 update v3.00.9008...

Installed as required by removing previous version, but as soon mouse passing over clickable area there is a lag. Never had that before...

Computer spec:

i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz -  Asus PRIME Z370-A
2x G.Skill 8192 MB (DDR4-2137) - XMP 2.0 - P/N: F4-3200C14-8GTZR
Radeon (TM) RX 480 Graphics (Polaris)
Samsung SSD 960 EVO 500GB - NVMe

Thanks for any tips

Edited by starefly

Yes Thank you @starefly for making this video.

This is exactly what is happening on my end.

Hopefully there's a fix to this annoying problem.

JeanCarlos Hernandez

I used to have this problem all the time in all cockpits but solved it completely by running fsx in full screen window mode. Does this work with P3d also have you tried it? 

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

20 minutes ago, sloppysmusic said:

I used to have this problem all the time in all cockpits but solved it completely by running fsx in full screen window mode. Does this work with P3d also have you tried it? 

A walk around at most but no solution. 

I have never seen something like this before and I really can‘t say if that‘s a hardware/system issue due to a special way te 747 is coded or an issue of the 747 that happens due to a certain hardware combination. 😄 But it has certainly nothing to do with the simulator. I suggest you guys open a support ticket at support.precisionmanuals.com. You will need to create a support account there, it‘s different from your store account.

53 minutes ago, Ephedrin said:

A walk around at most but no solution. 

I have never seen something like this before and I really can‘t say if that‘s a hardware/system issue due to a special way te 747 is coded or an issue of the 747 that happens due to a certain hardware combination. 😄 But it has certainly nothing to do with the simulator. I suggest you guys open a support ticket at support.precisionmanuals.com. You will need to create a support account there, it‘s different from your store account.

True...a shot in the dark but could it be anything to do with tool tip display custom font processing? Good luck either way a very annoying issue to have especially during busy parts of flight.

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

3 hours ago, sloppysmusic said:

True...a shot in the dark but could it be anything to do with tool tip display custom font processing? Good luck either way a very annoying issue to have especially during busy parts of flight.

That was my first thought. But until now they you the only 3 who bring this up. And there are more than them using tooltips. 

Edited by Ephedrin

6 minutes ago, Ephedrin said:

That was my first thought. But until now they you the only 3 who bring this up. And there are more than them using tooltips. 

True but IF they were graphic designers using rare TT fonts the system would definitely slow down rendering them particularly the first time and only 3 people sounds about right then. Question to OPs does the system slow down EVERY time the SAME knob or dial is used or the second time etc is it quicker?

Barrel scraping I know!

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

I don't have any tooltips activated on mine (P3DV4).

I tried by activating them, behaviour is the same but no tooltips is shown... Missing font generating the problem ?

Fully re-installed P3DV4 by cleaning all PMDG folder, but issue still present...

@PMDG support: What is the font used for the tooltips ?