Sign in to follow this  
ashepherd316

Traffic Global

Correctly as in? I installed it again yesterday to see what was was new since the last time I tried it out, it works fine minus it leaving out lots of airlines and aircraft types.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

1 hour ago, Dave_YVR said:

Correctly as in? I installed it again yesterday to see what was was new since the last time I tried it out, it works fine minus it leaving out lots of airlines and aircraft types.

Don't forget to mention they haven't finished any model lighting either..

Regards,

Simbol 

• Like 2

I've been using it from day one of release, have flown many international/intercontinental routes and am very pleased with it. Sometimes an aircraft will remain on the runway after landing or stop in a taxiway for an extended time but I can live with that given the global coverage of most airlines. I have often noticed that while flying with my VA and ready for departure, the callsign of my flight can be heard coming from the AI Global traffic flight, so the scheduling is very accurate.

Edited by JustanotherPilot

steve southey

32 minutes ago, JustanotherPilot said:

so the scheduling is very accurate

Except for the fact that that aircraft will only complete that return flight every single day. Optimization = zero, zilch, nada. 

32 minutes ago, Dave_YVR said:

Except for the fact that that aircraft will only complete that return flight every single day. Optimization = zero, zilch, nada. 

Not entirely correct it completes a flight in 24hrs a flight leaving KJFK at 2300hrs to EGLL it will return next day.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

I got it, but currently disabled as it still has too many unfinished routes, carriers and airplanes. Some planes land 10-15 miles before the runway. Will wait for a while (several months) to enable it again.

In the meantime I'm using My Traffic 2013, not great but gives me plenty GA and airline traffic.

The beauty of P3D v4 is the add-on system, I can disable or enable an add-on on the fly.

Cheers.

1 hour ago, rjfry said:

Not entirely correct it completes a flight in 24hrs a flight leaving KJFK at 2300hrs to EGLL it will return next day.

My point is that the plans repeat themselves every 24 hours. The same 2 legs a day every day. That makes for grossly oversized fleets and far too many dormant aircraft.

TG does the job, it is by no means perfect, but it works well enough to provide what I wanted from it, which was a reasonably inexpensive and trouble-free 'one click' traffic generator for P3D V4 which would mean I wasn't looking at those fairly naff default fictional airliner liveries at my airports.

Having said that, it clearly still has a bit of work needed, as evidenced by this screenshot below of Pier C at EGCC.

PMEvHbn.png

Ignore the fact that there is a (now defunct) Monarch A320 on stand 32, that's my Aerosoft A320, so it's nothing to do with what TG is generating. But several things are evident in this screenshot which indicate that TG is a work in progress:

1. The EasyJet logo is missing from the starboard engine cowling on the AI Airbus on stand 24, but the logo is present on the other side on the port engine cowling. It's clear this has been done to avoid having a reversed logo mapped onto the port engine nacelle, which means they're still working on the liveries for things and how they are mapped onto the models.

2. Ryanair and Easyjet appear to have taken over EGCC and are parked on stands where they would not be in reality. Both airlines certainly do serve Manchester and you absolutely do see a lot of Ryanair 737 NGs and EasyJet Airbuses, but EasyJet tend to be on the more distant stands visible in this shot and not really ever on Pier C, and you'd never see Ryanair on that pier.

3. In reality, these stands in the foreground are mainly used by Thomas Cook, Jet 2, Balkan Air, Lufthansa, Etihad, Finnair, Norwegian and SAS, not by EasyJet that much and never by Ryanair or Aer Lingus, which you can just see the fin of on the other side of the pier, so there are plenty of airlines conspicuous by their absence.

4. The day Ryanair spend money on using a stand with an airbridge, as they are in this screenshot, is the day Satan drives to work on a snowplough. Ryanair always use the 737 NG's built-in forward airstairs on the remote stands near the entrance to Runway 23R and over on the Fairey Apron, since it is cheaper not to use the airport's airbridge facilities.

Frankly, none of these things is so bad that I strongly object to it though. TG puts planes at my airport, and they are ones which genuinely do fly from there. After all, I still operate a Dan Air London deHavilland Comet 4C from EGCC in my sim, and that hasn't flown for real for over 21 years lol, so who am I to complain about some minor inaccuracies? And to be fair, what you can't see in this screenshot is that there are also FlyBe, Aer Lingus, Jet 2, Lufthansa, Eurowings, BA and Germania airliners operating around the area too, and this includes a Lufthansa Cargo MD-11 and many Flybe Dash 8s in more than one livery, so even at this early stage there is some variety and it's not just 737s and Airbuses.

But as far as traffic at Manchester goes, there should be many TUI jets there, some Virgin stuff (including 747-400s), a lot of Thomas Cook stuff and loads of Jet 2 stuff, including 757s. The fact that 757 and 747-400 numbers are dwindling and may soon be gone as passenger planes altogether is an opportunity missed and should be addressed quickly, lest the boat is missed and they become part of history, although as noted, even the Comet is still allowed at my airports, as is the 727, DC-9 Constellation, DC-3 etc, etc.

Do I recommend it? Yup, it's got some way to go but it'll get there; it already does a half decent job of populating airports and it doesn't impact frame rates that badly for me, and I have my airliner AI set on 70 percent.

Edited by Chock

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

For a product in Early Acces = still in develoment it is already very well done.

A professional looking  and easy to use GUI and the aircraft are easy on the framerate,l although they are using 2048 textures. P3Dv4 compatible models...

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

4 hours ago, Chock said:

But several things are evident in this screenshot which indicate that TG is a work in progress:

Yes to that for some of the liveries, but the business about which stands are used is surely down to the Airport data (the AFD). EGCC needs editing with ADE or similar to change the airline parking codes at each stand. 

I have Traffic Global, but I'm currently using UTLive (also with MyTraffic6 also at a low level). And I certainly need to get to work on the UK2000 EGCC parking codes. Ryanair aircraft are even sometimes at Terminal 2!

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

In My AI Flights I have been creating Cargo Flights some Multi Leg flights EGLL-EHAM-LFPG-LIMC-LEBL-EDDF-EGLL this will leave early morning EGLL and spend most of the day in the air not clogging up gates, the My AI Flights tool is one of the best things in TG you the user have control as to how you want traffic, I have also been Editing CAD files in the Traffic Global Airport Facilities Scenery folder and my addon airports, and one of the problems I have found developers do not have a standard way of doing it as they will have gate sizes that differ I have seen heavy gates size 31 to small for the 747.

Yes its still early access and have some issues that are being worked on by Rich not all the aircraft and livery's are included at the moment take a look in the lookups, some are just waiting for textures and the next update is due soon possible this week.  

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

What about GA aircraft in TG?  There is no mention of GA aircraft is why I am asking.  I fly to mostly smaller airfields like county and some regional airports.  Currently I use UT Live and I am satisfied with it as far as GA AI.  Thanks!

i5-6600K 3.5Ghz OC to 4.5GHz|CorsairH60 Liq Cooler|GA-Z170X-Gaming 7|GTX 1070|G.Skill Trident DDR4-3200 32GB|950 PRO M.2 250GB|850 EVO 500GB|2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD|FractalDesign R4|Corsair RMx 750W|Win10 64bit Home|MSFS2020

I love the smell of Jet-A in the morning!

Robert Pressley a.k.a. SmokeDiddy

Personally, I need flightplans in weekly format. I fly my PMDG airliners on different days of the week, and I expect the AI environment to be different each day. Much more interesting than predictable 24 hour schedules :smile:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

1 hour ago, SmokeDiddy said:

What about GA aircraft in TG?  There is no mention of GA aircraft is why I am asking.  I fly to mostly smaller airfields like county and some regional airports.  Currently I use UT Live and I am satisfied with it as far as GA AI.  Thanks!

I too am looking forward to GA at the big airports. I fly GA entirely, and the reason that i bought TG is that I was tired of seeing fake airlines at the airports and on ATC. I am not concerned with airline schedules or where they park, i enjoy mixing up with them and trying not to get run over. I really don't know if GA is coming to TG anytime soon. Anyone with more info could let us know!

• Like 1