Sign in to follow this  
jt_williams

New England – Fall Colors

New England – Fall Colors

Today’s flight will feature the mountains, lakes, the Atlantic coastline, and the fall colors of New England.  Starting from Adirondack Regional (KSLK) at Saranac Lake New York the route crosses several mountain ranges in northern New England before finishing on the coast of Maine at Bar Harbor (KBHB).   The first leg is a short 13nm hop to Lake Placid (KLKP) before climbing into the heart of the Adirondack mountains passing directly over Mt Marcy, then turning east and crossing Lake Champlain before landing at Middlebury State Airport (6B0).   Departing Middlebury we climb over Green Mountains and land at Knapp State (KMPV) just south of Montpelier Vermont.  The route continues east crossing the Connecticut River (the Vermont / New Hampshire border) and on to Mount Washington Regional (KHIE).  It is a steep short climb to the top of Mt Washington (the highest peak in the Presidential Range of the White Mountains) and then a longish 72nm cruise to Waterville (KWVL) with views to the great northern woodlands and distant mountains off your left wing.  The next leg takes us to the Atlantic coast of Maine at Belfast Municipal (KBST).  On our final leg we will circumnavigate Mount Desert Island flying by Bar Harbor before finishing at Hancock County Bar Harbor (KBHB).

Flight plans (both PLN and GFP formats)

Aircraft

The route is 295nm and a reasonably fast (~150knt) General Aviation aircraft is recommended.  This is a good opportunity for Bonanza pilots to improve their proficiency.  As always you are free to fly what you like.

1IGVx6J.jpg

Particulars

Date and time: Saturday 29nd September 2018, 1800 UTC.
Where: AVSIM RTWR Teamspeak - Casual Flights Channel
Teamspeak Server Address: ts.teamavsim.com
Cross-Platform Multiplayer: JoinFS. (FSX, FSX-SE, and P3D).
If you want to help others enjoy the multiplayer experience, don't forget to enter your aircraft details on the multiplayer spreadsheet (linked here). Your courtesy will save others a lot of time and effort. Thanks!

Departing Saranac Lake Set Sim Time to 14:00 local. 

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

Jeff. What a wonderful idea for an Autumn flight.

Fall Foliage is something long-honored by New Englanders. We can enjoy some drone footage starting with an interesting and beautiful New England sampling here. Following the flight plan, we have the quiet solitude of the Adirondacks here. Then spectacular Vermont here and the White Mountains here. And we finish with the classic Acadia National Park here .

We can, sort of, experience all this because the artists at Orbx did a "brilliant" job.

--M

• Like 1

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Honest-to-God good flight tonite. No 'tearing ya hair out' moments, I learned at lot about the people and places we flew over and have a better understanding of their lives. Especially about the po' foke who have rich people for neighbours.

Am I going too far?

How long does it take for 'smug' to wear off after buying an EV?

"It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled". Whoever said it wasn't wrong!

Bonanza's at Bar Harbor Airport at the conclusion of the flight

27PaqrD.jpg

• Like 4

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

Nice picture, very nice flight, thanks Jeff!

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

Nice Roman, I couldn't pick a favourite...:smile:

"It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled". Whoever said it wasn't wrong!

Very nice Roman, our progress in Formation Flying is well documented ...

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

Had some time to burn today. Decide to take a less of a workload flight, Sunday's flight in reverse in the dearly missed MJ C-47/DC-3. An opportunity for some sightseeing during a gorgeous twilight. Doubled up and did a Duenna test too. :biggrin: Appended Sunday's flight screenies with some from this flight.

Very enjoyable, ultra VFR, looking out the window nearly the whole time. 👍👌

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

My goodness! Those C-47 shots are astounding! (There ya go Roger, another word for the describing of scenery. :happy:)

8 hours ago, Ron Attwood said:

My goodness! Those C-47 shots are astounding! (There ya go Roger, another word for the describing of scenery. :happy:)

Or prodigious, to use yet another word...

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

4 hours ago, Viking01 said:

Or prodigious, to use yet another word...

Blimey! There'll be no stopping him. :biggrin:

or to quote " mary poppins "   supercalifragalistickxpealidotious.