Sign in to follow this  
Jack_Sawyer

Plane is glued to the runway

I'm using P3D 4.3 with the -8.  I'm on RWY 33L of FlyTamps'a KBOS trying to depart for KATL.  I have everything set up and when I click the TOGA click spot the throttles advance and the engines run up, yes, parking brake is off but the plane is only moving a few inches per hour.  This is the first serious flight I've tried making, the very first one was a quick test the day I bought it and didn't use TOGA, I just took off from a random airport manually and flew around and it was fine.

It's like there's glue all over the runway.  It creeps ever so slowly and when I apply the parking brake it stops of course.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Jack Sawyer

14 minutes ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

Any ideas?

Switch to the external view. See anything in front of / behind the wheels?

Using FSUIPC?

• Like 1

Kyle Rodgers

9 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

Switch to the external view. See anything in front of / behind the wheels?

Using FSUIPC?

FSUIPC yes, but now I feel stupid.

It’s not FSUIPC, it’s so simple I feel like a fool.

I was a little hard on the brakes when taxiing and had a low tire pressure problem.  So I fixed it and now I’m happily at 35K feet.  Oops.

Jack Sawyer

1 minute ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

I was a little hard on the brakes when taxiing and had a low tire pressure problem.  So I fixed it and now I’m happily at 35K feet.  Oops.

That'll do it. It's a bit of a bear to learn how to properly manage the taxi speed with thrust alone, but once you get the hang of it, you'll barely use the brakes unless you're in a tight turn.

Without force feedback in your brake pedals, it's easy to forget to not stomp on the pedals, too. Wouldn't do it in a car - shouldn't do it with something that weighs tons more.

• Like 1

Kyle Rodgers

8 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

That'll do it. It's a bit of a bear to learn how to properly manage the taxi speed with thrust alone, but once you get the hang of it, you'll barely use the brakes unless you're in a tight turn.

Without force feedback in your brake pedals, it's easy to forget to not stomp on the pedals, too. Wouldn't do it in a car - shouldn't do it with something that weighs tons more.

Thanks Kyle, this -8 is beautiful!

Jack Sawyer

9 minutes ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

Thanks Kyle, this -8 is beautiful!

Welcome. Glad to hear you're enjoying!

• Like 1

Kyle Rodgers