Sign in to follow this  
Jim Young

PMDG 747-8 is Another Great PMDG Product

Since purchasing the PMDG 747-8 the other night, I have successfully completed a couple of flights (I do not have a lot of time to play).  I just completed a flight from FlightBeam's KDEN to FSDT's KLAX with ASP4 and UTLive enabled.  I also enabled Megascenery Colorado, Utah, Arizona, Nevada, and UltraHD LA.  For the first time, I decided to also use ProATC-X.  Normally these add-ons used a lot of system resources and I was preparing for the worse.  I remember in FSX, these add-ons would almost bring my system to its knees.  But not today!  Here's a report from the FSUIPC.log regarding FPS for the flight.  I might add I also had all of my settings set to max on the Display page of the P3DV4 settings and max World settings. Only shadows set in the Lighting page.

Minimum frame rate was 21.2 fps, Maximum was 186.6 fps
Average frame rate for running time of 7370 secs = 65.8 fps
Maximum AI traffic for session was 253 aircraft

It is more than outstanding that I can use my add-ons with this new PMDG product and have absolutely no issues in regards to performance (okay, the brakes got warm during taxi but cooled down over the Rockies.  I still need to learn how to taxi).  I want to thank the PMDG Team for putting together another outstanding product.  You all deserve a lot of accolades for the hard work and testing you did in the development of the 747-8.  Congratulations for a job well done!!

Best regards,

Jim

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Can't do anything but agree. This one lifts an already high bar even higher. Thanks PMDG!

• Like 1

David Porrett

I second Jims comments above, Ive just downloaded -8 and doing my first short trip from YMML-YSSY and i must say wow am I impressed, love the EFB!.

I can't wait to delve a bit deeper into the systems. Congrats to the PMDG team again for another outstanding product, you never fail to deliver.

• Like 1

The work and passion involved in this product are outstanding.
A very warm thanks to all the PMDG talented team.

• Like 1

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

I agree, now if only I have time to fly it 🙂 Different to the 747-400, I thought I could just load the plan and fly. Getting there bit by bit. I love the fact that it's a cross between the 777 and 747-400. Still lots to learn. 

• Like 1

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020