Sign in to follow this  
bodom

RAAS not working on both PMDG 744 and 747-8

Hi there,
unfortunately the RAAS is not working on my 747 aircraft. The 748 has RAAS "installed" in Airline option and also one of my 744 aircraft. In my P3Dv4 folder there is a RAAS folder with sub directories. So system wise it seem to be installed. What else can I check to fnd out why no runway announcement is heard when on the runway?

For the 744 it seems that RAAS automatically sets the volume to zero on the 747 profile. Could that be the issue? Is there a bad detection of the license since the RAAS version is locked to PMDG?

Can you adwise?

Best regards,

Bodo Müller

A Virtual Airline for Polar and Atlas Air
33885879kz.png
AVSIM Member since November 1998 

1 hour ago, byork said:

If RAAS appears in the "Addons" menu, then RAAS is loaded and it's working.

In the FMC, there are options for RAAS.  Ensure RAAS is enabled for your specific model via the PMDG equipment options.

Hi Bryan,

yes it appears in "Addons":

33917767rz.jpg

The funny thing is that when you open the RAAS menu, the master volume alwas is set to off (left). Even you set it to the middle and save, no announcements on the runway. The audio test works though.

33917833ve.jpg

It is ensured that the PMDG model has RAAS activated in the FMC:

33917849eb.jpg

I am not only one who has problems with the PMDG 747 after the new update/747-8 Expansion. See the PMDG support forum. I applied a ticket at PMDG but was asked to talk to you regarding this matter.

Best regards,

Bodo Müller

A Virtual Airline for Polar and Atlas Air
33885879kz.png
AVSIM Member since November 1998 

Hello fellow simmers.

Seems like I`m at the right spot. I`m running FSX Acceleration and strange enough, RAAS only is silent with the PMDG 747-400 V3. PMDG 777, no problem. PMDG 747-8 V4, no problem. But somehow, the RAAS in the -400 got screwed. Any solution would be much appreciated. If known of course. 

Thank you in advance for any advice. 

Best regards

Joe

Update: It`s not appearing in Add-Ons. It does so with the other two, but not in the -400. How do I add it? This is most likely gonna fix it.

Edited by Kronor

If RAAS is not appearing in the ADDONS menu, then 99 percent of the time it's because your DLL.xml is messed up.

The DLL.xml is very sensitive and I wish Microsoft never switched to that system.  In the old days you'd just drop DLL in the Modules folder and that was it.

Start by reading this:

https://support.precisionmanuals.com/kb/a92/dll_xml-information-and-troubleshooting.aspx

If that doesn't help, please send me a support ticket and I'll send you my DLL.xml.

Thanks for the fast response. 

Did everything as mentioned in PMDGs support forum. Nothing. Didn`t work. 

How do I submit a ticket? Do I need an account for that?

Further to what I said, if RAAS loads in the 777 and 747-8, but it doesn't load in the 747-400, my only other thought is maybe you (or some other program) modified the PMDG 747-400's aircraft.cfg file and changed the weights of the plane.

I had the same problem and solved it by running the installer for the 747-8 and selected repair.

Best regards

Peter Lund

I have the same problem with the 747-400 (latest PMDG update). I do not own the 777 nor the 747-8, nor a stand-alone version of RAAS Pro.

RAAS Professional menu entry is loaded in add-ons menu.

If I open it, the master "on/off" switch is off. If I enable it, and click close and save, then reopen the menu, the master switch is off again !

Audio test works.

Profile list is empty from the load profile menu.

In the RAAS dialog, it says B747 at the top (as per the screenshot from bodom here above). Volume slider is in the middle.

My runways.csv (created with mkrwys) is up to date with my scenery.

Could it be that the latest PMDG update kind of "unlinked" the PMDG 747-400 from the RAAS locked version somehow ?

Mathieu Souphy

EDIT:

dumb me, RAAS was not activated from the PMDG display options page 22.

Activated it now, will report if it works on landing.

EDIT2:

Works. Forget I said anything...

Edited by tjeuten

Mathieu Souphy