Sign in to follow this  
Falkn

Reality XP GTN750 installation on FSX

Hello, yesterday I bought the GTN 750.

During the installation I have the impression that I am missing files, I explain myself: for example I do not have any file like rxpgtn_menu.dll.log for example.

I installed the GTN in the root 😄 \ ProgramData as indicated in the user manual.

I also added a part in the FSX dll.xml file to add the RealityXP menu in addons on FSX.

Once FSX started, I chose my plane, the airport and I launch the flight. When the plane is loaded I decide to click on Supplement in the FSX menu bar and open the Aircraft Setup of RealityXP .. But there problem, FSX crashes and can not open the menu.

I have tried several solutions including install at multiple locations like:
- 😄 \ Program Files (x86) \ Microsoft Games \ Microsoft Flight Simulator X
- 😄 \ Program Files (x86)
- 😄 \ ProgramData

I tried to start the trainer with FSX but it does not change anything, I also changed the dml between 32 and 64 bits without success.

A little help would be welcome!

Hi,

For a starter, I would recommend you don't try to manually change anything. The installer knows its business and will make sure all files gets installed properly, where expected to. It also takes care to add mandatory entries in the DLL.xml file automatically.

In case something is not right, you might want to review the user's manual for:

1) how to manually add entries in the DLL.xml. It is explained in details.

2) locate the RXP log files, once installed and running, in case the device won't start for example (obviously, log files exists only when running the product, not when just installing it).

As for the trainer, it doesn't install in "ProgramData"?!? Like any other Windows program, default installation folder is "Program Files (x86)" for the trainer executable, and "ProgramData" for the trainer data (databases).

Last but not least: installing FSX in a protected folder like "Program Files (x86)" is prone to problems. This is a protected folder, meaning any addon requiring write access to change the panel.cfg files for example, might fail.

Our product is UAC aware and deals with it, but there has been cases where even UAC compliant addons like ours gets write access rejected by Windows in the end only because of some settings on our customers systems, or just because they don't run their applications in a UAC fashion.

In other words: don't run FSX in 'admin' mode just to overcome it is installed in a protected folder if that is the case, and don't run the trainer installer as 'admin' mode either for the same reasons if that is the case too.

I'd suggest you manually undo all your manual edits, then uninstall both the trainer and the RXP software, then re-install in just letting the installer do its job.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Thank you for your prompt response !

However after having uninstalled everything and put everything back as before and I even gave RXP and FSX a total control over Program Files (x86), I restarted the installation without touching anything and let it go.

Everything went smoothly, FSX asked me if I wanted to allow the use of the DLL corresponding to the GTN menu and I clicked yes.

Once the simulator launched and the aircraft ready to take off, still impossible to open the menu RealityXP Setup Aircraft .. FSX crash again.

I also watched if I found the file RealityXP.GTN.ini after launching FSX and the trainer but I still have nothing either ...

What to do ?

Ok, now that everything seems installed, can you please post the content of the RXP log files (see User's Manual for file/path).

As for the ini file there is nothing to search for, until the menu won't crash (hence it will be created), or you are using a pre-configured RXP aircraft (either using one of the published panel mods in this forum, or using a third party vendor aircraft).

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

After reading and searching for these three files many times:

- rxpGTN.gau.log

- rxpGtnSim.dll.log

- rxpGTN_menu.dll.log I still can not find anything ...

Is this normal?

Is the installation correct? 1537974053-capture.png

1537974053-capture1.png1537974053-capture2.png1537974053-capture3.png1537974053-capture4.png

Here are all the file locations is that right?

1 hour ago, Falkn said:

After reading and searching for these three files many times:

User's Manual says "My Documents" which shall translate to 'Mes Documents' ?

Yes, I actually looked in the "Documents" folder on Windows 10 but nothing. I show you !

1537978889-capture5.png