Sign in to follow this  
Alaaar

Hardware Issues with 748

Dear all, 

Two simple questions I have no idea if they're related......

1- Is it possible that the plane rejects TO just before hearing the 80-knots call? without my interference from me as PF ....... Perhaps, because of wrong flaps configuration or short runway or not configuring the EFB or something similar?

2- In some flights and after adjusting auto breaks to 3 or 4.....Upon touch down the auto-breaks goes to off position? I know it because the plane doesn't stop as it should, then when I check the knob it's at the off position, any reason for that?

Many thanks,

Alaa A. Riad
Just love to fly...............

W11 64-bit, MSFS2020, Intel Core i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20 Ghz 6 Cores, 2 TR HD, 16.0 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 MB GDDR5

8 minutes ago, Alaaar said:

1- Is it possible that the plane rejects TO just before hearing the 80-knots call? without my interference from me as PF ....... Perhaps, because of wrong flaps configuration or short runway or not configuring the EFB or something similar?

No. This is 100% pilot-initiated.

If you're seeing an RTO in the sim, then your controls are sending a spike (a throttle drop below the RTO threshold, for example). You may need to set the throttle setting to NEVER allow your hardware to override the software (instead of the default IN HOLD MODE ONLY setting).

11 minutes ago, Alaaar said:

2- In some flights and after adjusting auto breaks to 3 or 4.....Upon touch down the auto-breaks goes to off position? I know it because the plane doesn't stop as it should, then when I check the knob it's at the off position, any reason for that?

Same as above: control spikes / improperly configured hardware.

Kyle Rodgers

Many thanks Kyle I will try and will let you know 

Alaa A. Riad

W11 64-bit, MSFS2020, Intel Core i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20 Ghz 6 Cores, 2 TR HD, 16.0 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 MB GDDR5

4 minutes ago, Alaaar said:

Many thanks Kyle I will try and will let you know 

Welcome - definitely post when you test. Hardware can be a pain, but once you get it settled, it's usually pretty solid.

Kyle Rodgers

Many thanks, Kyle I think that solve it ....."Adjusting the throttle setting to NEVER allow your hardware to override the software (instead of the default IN HOLD MODE ONLY setting)"

Amazing plane really great work PMDG

Alaa A. Riad