Sign in to follow this  
KORDATC

Exceeding MZFW With Nowhere Near Full Load

I've been playing around with the EFB and I've been exceeding the Maximum ZFW with 0 cargo, and nowhere near a full load of passengers.  I'm just looking for some verification that I'm not nuts before submitting a support ticket, as I'm probably doing something wrong.

Prepar3_D_Screenshot_2018.09.26_-_09.36.

Prepar3_D_Screenshot_2018.09.26_-_09.36.

Prepar3_D_Screenshot_2018.09.26_-_09.37.

Alright, so now I just verified it with the FMC payload page and something is not right.  For example, the maximum capacity of pax in the FMC is 467.  The maximum capacity of pax in the EFB is also 467.  However, when using the "Read From ACFT" prompt on the EFB, it loads a lot less passengers than the FMC shows, yet with weights as if it loaded a full load.  Yet, it does load cargo weights correctly.  See the attached images for comparison between FMC and EFB after pressing "READ FROM ACFT".

Prepar3_D_Screenshot_2018.09.26_-_10.00.

Prepar3_D_Screenshot_2018.09.26_-_10.01.

You'd be better off submitting a support ticket for this. I did also discover that the fuel loading is a bit off, but I need to investigate some more before I submit a support ticket for that.

• Like 1

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

4 minutes ago, Captain Kevin said:

You'd be better off submitting a support ticket for this. I did also discover that the fuel loading is a bit off, but I need to investigate some more before I submit a support ticket for that.

I just submitted a support ticket.  After reviewing it, it is without a doubt a bug.  What appears to be happening is the FMC and EFB both have different average passenger weights.  It's almost as if the weight of a passenger in the EFB is more than double that of one entered into the FMS.  So basically, on the EFB you can't even have more than half a plane-full of people before exceeding the MZFW.

Edit: And honestly, I haven't even checked the fuel loading portion of this.

Edited by KORDATC

1 minute ago, scandinavian13 said:

Sounds related - unsure:

I'd say it is possibly related, yes.  His, *I believe* was referring to the MTOW.  I haven't gotten that far yet to test that, but mine is more of an issue with the displayed ZFW vs. MZFW.  Seems like the EFB thinks each passenger weights 350+ pounds vs. the 195 from the FMC.

So, if I hit "READ FROM ACFT", I will get the correct ZFW in the EFB, but there will be less than half a load of passengers.  So, from a weight aspect, I'm fine.  However, the loading does affect the CG.

Regards,

Robert Schumacher.

1 minute ago, KORDATC said:

I'd say it is possibly related, yes.  His, *I believe* was referring to the MTOW.  I haven't gotten that far yet to test that, but mine is more of an issue with the displayed ZFW vs. MZFW.  Seems like the EFB thinks each passenger weights 350+ pounds vs. the 195 from the FMC.

So, if I hit "READ FROM ACFT", I will get the correct ZFW in the EFB, but there will be less than half a load of passengers.  So, from a weight aspect, I'm fine.  However, the loading does affect the CG.

Regards,

Robert Schumacher.

I have the same issue. So now we don't know if the CG is correct. If I am thinking this correctly.

Mark Roberts 

I9 13900k @ 5.7GHZ | 64GB DDR5 5600 Ram | ASUS Strix 4090 @ 3.0GHZ | ROG ASUS Hero Z790 | 2x 2TB M.2  | Lian LI Dynamic XL ROG Case | Hotas Warthog Joystick and Throttle, Crosswind Rudder Pedals | Corsair Nightblade | K95 RGB|  | LG 28" 4k, Dell 34" AW3420DW Ultrawide| Windows 10 Pro | MSFS2020 | Custom Water Loop |

Alright, so just heard back from Chris Makris on the support ticket.  It is indeed a bug.  It will be fixed!  Great (and quick) customer service as usual!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KORDATC said:

Alright, so just heard back from Chris Makris on the support ticket.  It is indeed a bug.  It will be fixed!  Great (and quick) customer service as usual!

ive been having something similar using fmc only, already submitted a ticket. prolly fixed soon

Flying Tigers Group

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg