Sign in to follow this  
jodle

Taxi/rwy lights off on approach and dime light causing ctd

Submit a trouble ticket to PMDG Product Support and they'll help you find your problem. 

I have suggested once in this thread that you clean up the video drivers and see if that helps.  Did you try anything along those lines?

Dan Downs KCRP

Now making some investigation.. disabling all addons UTLive, AS16, IVAO etc. Doesn't help. It only happened when is night and I'm using interior lights. On day all works fine with all addons. Now trying to reinstall graphic drivers.

Unfortunately cleaning graph drv doesn't help. CTD on night. Only with B748.

19 hours ago, jodle said:

KERNELBASE.dll

Usually related to shaders (still), or unstable overclocks.

Not sure what "disabling" PTA does. I don't use it. Some tools don't clean up after themselves as well as others, though I haven't specifically heard of any negatives about PTA in that regard.

KERNELBASE.dll errors are a lot lower than our stuff. Sure, clicking the button causes the CTD, but because it's calling on a core function of the sim that isn't up to snuff.

...kinda like turning the ignition on would "cause" the failure of my engine if my car were full of fuel that had sugar in it.

Kyle Rodgers

For now problem solved - reinstalling simmconnect from P3D folder. It was weird thaht kernellbase.dll only happened with B748 with B744 and the same configuration - doesn't exist. 
BTW thx for support!

My happyness doesn't took to long 😉
Today problem is back. I think that there is something wrong with .NET or EFB (Navdata) On B744 all works fine.
First:

Aplikacja: Prepar3D.exe
Wersja architektury: v4.0.30319
Opis: proces został przerwany z powodu nieobsłużonego wyjątku.
Informacje o wyjątku: System.Threading.Tasks.TaskCanceledException
w System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(System.Threading.Tasks.Task)
w System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(System.Threading.Tasks.Task)
w CINavigraph+<readAirportsAsync>d__56.MoveNext()
w System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
w System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
w System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
w System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
w System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()

And after one sec: 

Nazwa aplikacji powodującej błąd: Prepar3D.exe, wersja: 4.3.29.25520, sygnatura czasowa: 0x5b2c3263
Nazwa modułu powodującego błąd: KERNELBASE.dll, wersja: 10.0.17763.1, sygnatura czasowa: 0xc3164c39
Kod wyjątku: 0xe0434352
Przesunięcie błędu: 0x0000000000055299
Identyfikator procesu powodującego błąd: 0x3ea8
Godzina uruchomienia aplikacji powodującej błąd: 0x01d459a8704450ed
Ścieżka aplikacji powodującej błąd: F:\P3D4\Prepar3D.exe
Ścieżka modułu powodującego błąd: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Identyfikator raportu: 7af02f3c-42c2-43c1-8302-217a478d0761
Pełna nazwa pakietu powodującego błąd: 
Identyfikator aplikacji względem pakietu powodującego błąd:

Kernelbase errors can be cause by video driver problems, you said you cleaned the graph drv... I  don't know what that means.  Of thousands of users you are the only one with this problem.  Please accept the premise that it is a problem with your system, and that the problem is not cause by the PMDG product.

Dan Downs KCRP

The taxi lights and Runway turn-off lights only work when aircraft is in GND MODE. PMDG did a great job on this since it’s a true feature on real 747s. Hope this answers your problem.

Chi-cheng Liu

Chi-cheng Liu

LOGO.png

15 hours ago, downscc said:

Kernelbase errors can be cause by video driver problems, you said you cleaned the graph drv... I  don't know what that means.  Of thousands of users you are the only one with this problem.  Please accept the premise that it is a problem with your system, and that the problem is not cause by the PMDG product.

I know it. But it only happened in B748 on B747 all works fine.

Also

3 hours ago, Volleyball said:

The taxi lights and Runway turn-off lights only work when aircraft is in GND MODE. PMDG did a great job on this since it’s a true feature on real 747s. Hope this answers your problem.

Chi-cheng Liu

In real life B748 only show taxi/rwy lights on ground?

Runway turnoff and taxi lights extinguish when the air/ground sensing system is in air mode. B-747-8 FCOM 1.30.15.

Jim Erwin

2 hours ago, jodle said:

But it only happened in B748 on B747 all works fine.

Correlation is not causation.  You will not find the solution as long as you believe it is the product causing your kernelbase errors.  The correlation would be much higher if more than one person out of many were having this problem.

Edited by downscc

Dan Downs KCRP

OK!
But on ticket system PMDG assistant wrote: Both of them are using the same exactly lighting in the cockpit.
Looking for another sollution...

5 minutes ago, jodle said:

But on ticket system PMDG assistant wrote: Both of them are using the same exactly lighting in the cockpit.
Looking for another sollution...

Not sure what you're attempting to assert here.

Full names in the forum please - first and last.

Kyle Rodgers

OK! Doing some investigation 😉 another. REX Skyforce causing problem with B748 on B744 all works. I wrote to REX team about issue.