Sign in to follow this  
Guest Pilot53

CS 757 Owners- Help Needed!

Guest Pilot53

I am interested in the cs 757, can someone tell me if the exterior lights are tied to their respective switches like lds had done beautifully with their 767? And how are the crt refresh rates in the vc (ie. eicas, pfd etc.), good enough to fly with without 2d?

Guest OneTinSoldier

I'm also thinking about getting the CS 757. I just don't know if I want to have to bother with juggling 5 or 6 different .exe installers and serial numbers. Block B, C, D, E, F, and possibly the 300.But I don't know that I'm patient enough to wait for the Pro Line Full Package! :)I know PSS is coming out with a 757 and I like my PSS 777. I even spent a full week working non-stop(except to sleep) on making a paint job for it, the Delta 2002 'Soaring Spirit' N864DA. But CaptainSim has never done me wrong(i avoided the 707) and the CS 757 looks absolutely smokin' to me! I love their 1600x1200 bitmap size panels. I have a a Samsung 214T 22 inch LCD monitor which has a native resolution of 1600x1200, so everything I do is at that res. I understand it's not perfected yet, but I hear the latest updates are a marked improvement and they continue working on it. To hear that the lights are done correctly and it has good vc refresh rates makes it all that much more tempting! If I did get it now I would merge the POSKY 757 FDE into it right away. ;)Cheers

Agreed, the "block" business is sort of nonsense but I didn't experience much of a problem dealing with the three executables. Systems are not richly modeled although the FMC is functional for the most part. The eye candy is great and the 1.2 version is a definite improvement over the initial release. I certainly have been enjoying it!

Guest BryUK

If you order all the blocks you want at once, then the same code applies to all the exe files. The 'code' is your order number. So one order, one number.

Guest Pilot53

Thanks for all the replys guys, from the manuals it looks like when block f finally does come out it will simulate all the 757 systems well. Also how are the frame rates in general, how would they compare to the lds 767? And how are the sounds, pmdg quality?

Guest OneTinSoldier

>If you order all the blocks you want at once, then the same>code applies to all the exe files. The 'code' is your order>number. >So one order, one number.Hi,Thanks for the info! I did ask essentially this same question on the CS forum and 'Captain Sim' replied that all blocks have different order numbers. However, I am going to go ahead and get blocks B, C, and E so I'll be finding out. :)

Guest OneTinSoldier

And you are correct BryUK. :-cool One order number handles all the blocks you chose at the time of purchase. Captain Sim probably didn't quite understand my question.Thanks again

Although I don't own the CS but still considering it, I read somewhere on the forum that there is a better sound package (freeware) at Avsim than the one CS is offering.Carl

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Guest BryUK

*whistles*Well, honestly, I'd say its a real framerate hog. Probably the vast amount of custom animations that drags it down the most, and the no vc model didn't help. (Though I have yet to try no vc + LDS 767 merge)I would venture to the point of unplayable on my system, where as I have no problems with the LDS 767 unless I use the high detail VC.The PMDG 747 I can also use fine as well, so it seems confusing why the CS 757 should be so harsh on them minus its 2D panel and VC.So that's why I say the number of animations. The more XML code, the higher the drain on resources.Can't speak from the sounds as I didn't buy that pack but from general opinion of what I'm seen in most posts, just skip that block and get some freeware ones. (the benefit of the block system)

Guest OneTinSoldier

Hello BryUK,I have to agree, this thing is a hog! Single digit frame with 2D Panel + VC enabled on my system. I used the ACE utility to select 2D Panel only and get much better FPS, but still not very good really. Performance still bad enough to be quite annoying. Obviously this plane is made for a couple of generations of PC's beyond mine. My FS2004 AND my OS is tweaked for performance, and although I readily admit I run FS2004 with AI cranked up very high and all the other settings pretty much cranked up all the way around, I don't have as bad of a performance hit with other addon aircraft as I do with this one! Perhaps it'd run good with the latest Intel Core 2 CPU platform.First thing I did was merge the POSKY 757 FDE v8.1 into the CS 757. I thought maybe that was the problem. So I backed up the merged FDE files and then put it back to CS's original FDE. Nope! Not the problem. I have enjoyed the POSKY 757 with their VC for quite a long time. Since as you say, it's probably all the animations in the model, I am going to try out using the CS 2D Panel on the POSKY 757 model with POSKY's VC and see how it goes. I do like CS's beautiful panel so I hope that arrangement give me acceptable performance. And I might just check out PSS's 757 when it's released or wait for the age of LDS 757 to arrive.As for the sound, I have used a great sound package before by Des Braban(great job by him) that is at least as good if not better than CS's(by Aaron Swindle). Still, the one at CS is very good as Aaron Swindle has been making both freeware and payware sound packages for a very long time and knows a little about what he is doing too.CheersSystem Specs:Intel P4 3.4C(C = Northwood Core) on Asus P4C800-E Deluxe(Intel 875P + ICH5R Chipset), Zalman 7000a-Cu HS/Fan, Enermax RG651P-VE 550W PSU, 2 GB Mushkin eXtreme Performance(2-2-2) Dual Channel PC3200 RAM, Samsung 214T MultiSync 21" Digital LCD Monitor, Sapphire Radeon X800 XT PE Videocard with v6.7 Catalyst Drivers, DirectX 9.0c, Creative Audigy2 Platinum Soundcard with v2.08.0002 OpenAL Beta Driver, Western Digital 250 GB w/8 MB Cache 7200 RPM Parallel ATA HDD, WinXP Pro SP2, Nortons Anti-virus and Personal Firewall 2006"Variable this is EasyRhino, do you copy? Over." Loud and clear EasyRhino. "Do we have a gig? Over." That's a Roger, we have a gig. Target is painted, start the music. "Roger that Variable. Into attack. Pickling target. Target is acquired and lit. LGB comin' down!" EasyRhino, circular error probability zero. Impact with High Order Detonation. Thank You, have a nice day.

Guest Pilot53

Thanks for the reply, thats really a shame about the frames, I was really looking into the cs 75' now that block f is nearing completion. Here are my system specs, Im sure some of the real hardware guru's unlike myself will be able to give me some idea of the frames. Anything worse than the pmdg 747 is unacceptable for me.Pentium 4 HT, 2.59 ghz, 1.75 GB of ram, my video card is an ati x800 xt platium edition, clock speed is 560, 16 pipelines it has 256 mb of gddr3. I have an 80000mb hd. Right now this is fine with the lds 767 using 32mb textures and high res vc textures and alot of the sliders up.