Sign in to follow this  
MMartinov

Wing view from VC

In VC when looking over the shoulder (close to the window but not outside the VC model) I can see the wingtip and part of the engine nacelle. I assume IRL those can be seen as well considering the length of the wing. Unfortunately the external model seems to have no textures. Is this on purpose? Can textures be added?

Regards,

Martin Martinov / VATSIM 1207931

23 minutes ago, MMartinov said:

In VC when looking over the shoulder (close to the window but not outside the VC model) I can see the wingtip and part of the engine nacelle. I assume IRL those can be seen as well considering the length of the wing. Unfortunately the external model seems to have no textures. Is this on purpose? Can textures be added?

I asked exactly the same a while ago 🤣

people confirmed that you actually can‘t see the wings as the cockpit windows are narrower than the body and the wings are so far behind. Yeah when you press your face against the window you can see the tip. But honestly no pilot would do that, that‘s degrading. lol

this is done intentionally to create a ground shadow but saving resources. 

Edited by Ephedrin

8 hours ago, MMartinov said:

Unfortunately the external model seems to have no textures. Is this on purpose?

Did you move the camera view outside the plane at all, or just catch a glimpse at the one part of it?

If you move the camera outside of the cockpit while staying in the Virtual Cockpit view, you'll notice that the fuselage of the plane says "INTENTIONALLY UNTEXTURED SHADOW MODEL."

Kyle Rodgers

14 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

Did you move the camera view outside the plane at all, or just catch a glimpse at the one part of it?

If you move the camera outside of the cockpit while staying in the Virtual Cockpit view, you'll notice that the fuselage of the plane says "INTENTIONALLY UNTEXTURED SHADOW MODEL."

Kyle,

No, that's a view purely from inside, a combination of ChasePlane custom "over the shoulder" view and bit of TrackIR view point moved towards the window (but not crossing):

748-vc-wingview.jpg

Regards,

Martin Martinov / VATSIM 1207931