Sign in to follow this  
ErichB

What is your most wanted feature enhancement for P3D V5

Since we are on the subject of wanted changes to P3D, what is the ONE feature enhancement most important to you in V5?

No long lists . ONE feature enhancement only.

Probably "just" a completely reworked ATC. This would equally require a completely updated navdatabase or at least a modifiable one, e.g. with Navigraph data. But that would be a nice new feature.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Volumetric clouds.

(I would have said performance but that's not really a 'feature')

Slopped runways.

• Like 1

Guillaume

YouTube Channel : The Flying Frog (P3D flying)

My Flickr Gallery : clicky clicky

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D at 4.5 Ghz Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS X470 Ultra Gaming RAM: 48 Gb GPU: 1x RTX 4090 OS : Win 11 Display : Philips BD4350UC (4K 43" display) + 1 AOC 21" FHD side display
Hardware: Virpil WarBRD Base with WarBRD Grip OR Warthog Grip, VPC ACE Collection Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Goflight MCP Pro, Custom homecockpit.

10 minutes ago, TopGun33 said:

Slopped runways.

Already possible, only the AI can't handle them.

I would go for better thread optimization so i can throw an 12-core CPU on P3D and shout "There you go, insatiable glutton!" 😁 

• Like 3

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

21 minutes ago, WillsB3 said:

Improved performance.

This +1

Whether that's a new rendering engine or what I don't know, but performance is always an issue.

AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus Crosshair VI Hero - G.Skill 32GB (2x16GB) 3000 C14 DDR4 @ 3600 14-14-15-14-28-42

AMD Red Devil Radeon 6900XT  2700/2112 1125mv - 3 x Iiyama G-Master GB2888UHSU 4k @ 11560x2160

Saitek X-55 Rhino - Track IR5 - Obutto Sim Cockpit + Triple Monitor Stand - Fancy some Techno? https://www.mixcloud.com/dj_bully/

6 minutes ago, JoeFackel said:

Already possible, only the AI can't handle them.

I would go for better thread optimization so i can throw an 12-core CPU on P3D and shout "There you go, insatiable glutton!" 😁 

Mass, generic, ai compatible, slopped runways, then.

Guillaume

YouTube Channel : The Flying Frog (P3D flying)

My Flickr Gallery : clicky clicky

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D at 4.5 Ghz Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS X470 Ultra Gaming RAM: 48 Gb GPU: 1x RTX 4090 OS : Win 11 Display : Philips BD4350UC (4K 43" display) + 1 AOC 21" FHD side display
Hardware: Virpil WarBRD Base with WarBRD Grip OR Warthog Grip, VPC ACE Collection Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Goflight MCP Pro, Custom homecockpit.

Properly sized autogen houses and trees, not the comically oversized ones we have now. 

The comically oversized autogen gives a false sense of altitude. Compare any real life image to the same scene in P3D you will see what a JOKE the autogen in P3D is and it's been like that since FSX!  FS9 got the scaling right!

Add a configurable scaling factor to allow users to control the scaling of autogen (height and roof pitch).

It's really not that hard!

Edited by MatthewS
  • Upvote 2

Matthew S

A much more realistic atmosphere.

For example, this 3 cloud type limitation that should be in the thousands. And the serious lack of very high (50,000 feet and higher) cirrus clouds. The seasons and how they abruptly change when it should be gradual. Along with the sudden rain on rain off....I/we could go on and on about the details but just look outside day to day, we really do need serious weather improvement.

HiFi does a marvelous job with what they have to work with, but so much is lacking in this most important department. 

Update all default major airports and add those built since the 2006 FSX release.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

Would not be better to post this on the LM forums. 

• Like 1

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg