Sign in to follow this  
ErichB

What is your most wanted feature enhancement for P3D V5

So many people calling for better ATC.  There are aftermarket products which  completely replace ATC and do a MUCH better job of anything LM is likely to come up with. 

Is that really the MOST wanted feature enhancement of everything that could possibly be improved by LM?

Was expecting people to think a little more outside the boundries of easily replaceable features.

• Like 2

A new AI system that would allow for improved ATC (or at least make it easier for third party developera to develop ATC solutions that actually control AI) and would also allow AI to use sloped runways.

(that’s my way of sneaking my two biggest wants into one 😀 )

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Ok, here is mine after some thought! 

Replace the autogen system. Preferably with something that does not “pop in” in front of you. It should be there all the time. Permanently! 

My tuppence worth 🤗

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus Crosshair VI Hero - G.Skill 32GB (2x16GB) 3000 C14 DDR4 @ 3600 14-14-15-14-28-42

AMD Red Devil Radeon 6900XT  2700/2112 1125mv - 3 x Iiyama G-Master GB2888UHSU 4k @ 11560x2160

Saitek X-55 Rhino - Track IR5 - Obutto Sim Cockpit + Triple Monitor Stand - Fancy some Techno? https://www.mixcloud.com/dj_bully/

37 minutes ago, ErichB said:

So many people calling for better ATC

For those looking for that, try to test one of the best ATC addons that exist today. One of them is Pro-ATC/X which is very easy to use and works very well.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

As real as it gets.  There's no single feature that will accomplish this, because we're not just one feature away from a perfect sim.

But I'll start with this:

1. Gimme a sim that can store the entire world and all of its objects and textures in memory.  No more autogen pop-in or blurry textures.  I don't care if the requirement is 128GB of RAM (or 1TB for that matter) this is achievable today thanks to 64-bit memory addressing and I would buy the hardware to make this a reality without hesitation.  
  2. Physically-Based Rendering model with ray tracing thrown in for the ultimate lighting.  No more baked shadow nonsense.  
  3. Overhauled terrain engine with accurate elevation data for the whole world, again built in to the sim.  No more airports in valleys or on plateaus, no more roads 50 feet above the surrounding geography, everything exactly where it should be.
  4. The entire world modeled accurately.  All buildings, streets, bodies of water, and coastlines exactly as they look in the real world.  The data exists, make it happen.  

Give me all of that on an 8k VR headset with smooth performance and I'll pay any price.  2nd mortgage?  Done.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ErichB said:

So many people calling for better ATC.  There are aftermarket products which  completely replace ATC and do a MUCH better job of anything LM is likely to come up with. 

Is that really the MOST wanted feature enhancement of everything that could possibly be improved by LM?

Was expecting people to think a little more outside the boundries of easily replaceable features.

To be fair, there still is not 1 single ATC add-on that does reality justice at all. Way too many give and takes between them.

1 hour ago, pracines said:

Good to know.  Thanks!

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

Vulcan graphic motor integration, Aerofly fs2 demonstrated the extraordinary performance to have it. Absolutely we need better code for using real CU and GU capacities.

• Like 1

I think a redesigned multi-threaded main process that allows an unclocked stock i7 CPU to sustain high frame rates is the next key building block to other better things to come.  Right now too much depends on the throughput of the main thread running on core 0.

Regards

• Like 5

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

2 hours ago, ErichB said:

That is true, but I like the way Multi Crew Experience and its co-pilot interacts with the ATC and allows you to talk with it and all the other AI aeroplanes are also doing the same so you slot into the world when using the default ATC, thus an improvement to it would suit me really well. But since everyone has said that, I'll pick something different...

I'd like to see it have a much more believable atmospheric simulation, with convincing thermal activity, realistic icing capabilities etc, so that you really did have to worry about cold soaked fuel icing your wings and degrading the aerofoil, be concerned about microbursts, wake turbulence, could glide realistically, had reason to be concerned about thunderstorm downdrafts, lightning strikes, iced up static ports and pitots, etc, etc. A flight simulator should do this sort of thing if it is claiming to be even remotely realistic.

• Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

5 hours ago, Joseph29 said:

The 3D rain drops on the windows like FS9 had

Thats called true glass.