Sign in to follow this  
Guest MarkM

CS 757 or FT 737 PIC Can't decide !!!!

Guest captandy

I am aware of the new rel of 1.2 for the CS757 but I am considering purchasing the FT 737 PIC or the CS 757 Block B with the soundset option.I am obviously undecided and would appreciate some imput on my choices. I have also read some negative press on wilco and CS so that makes it even much harder to decide.ThanksCurrent Hangar :PMDG 747/747FPMDG 737 (outdated)LDS 767F1 MD80DF 727Aeroworx King AirFT CRJ (outdated)FT ERJ (outdated)ThanksAndy

Guest Crimguy

I'd consider taking your PMDG 737 (800/900?) out of mothballs instead of buying either of them . . . but that is purely my prejudice.>I am aware of the new rel of 1.2 for the CS757 but I am>considering purchasing the FT 737 PIC or the CS 757 Block B>with the soundset option.I am obviously undecided and would>appreciate some imput on my choices. I have also read some>negative press on wilco and CS so that makes it even much>harder to decide.>>>Thanks>>Current Hangar :>PMDG 747/747F>PMDG 737 (outdated)>LDS 767>F1 MD80>DF 727>Aeroworx King Air>FT CRJ (outdated)>FT ERJ (outdated)>>Thanks>Andy>

Guest Pilot53

Thats excellent advice and what I have done just 2 days ago! The pmdg 737 is missing the irs which is the big thing that makes it seem outdated. But it has many other systems that the ft 737 doesnt have. For example: Alternate flaps, You can operate the generator drive disc, the test functions work, the fire detection systems are there, many airline options to choose and a much prettier vc even though it hogs frames. And not to mention the exterior, much more realistic, the ft 737 doesnt look quite right. But hey when block F comes out with the 757 then it might be worth it, its been a while since cs tackled a commercial airliner, and the last one they did was pretty good for its day.

Guest captandy

I think I am going to save my $$ and take your advice. I will wait and see what LDS does with their 757.

Not sure about the 737 but I bought the CS757 and even the upgraded version with the 2D panel IMHO is a waste of money. I am sorry I bought the CS but I really wanted a 757 in my hanger. I have preordered the PSS 757 and I am eagerly awaiting its arrival. I will venture to say that once Level D puts thier 757 out I will give that a try as well.Cheers,

\Robert Hamlich/

>Thats excellent advice and what I have done just 2 days ago! >The pmdg 737 is missing the irs which is the big thing that>makes it seem outdated. But it has many other systems that>the ft 737 doesnt have. For example: Alternate flaps, You can>operate the generator drive disc, the test functions work, the>fire detection systems are there, many airline options to>choose and a much prettier vc even though it hogs frames. And>not to mention the exterior, much more realistic, the ft 737>doesnt look quite right. But hey when block F comes out with>the 757 then it might be worth it, its been a while since cs>tackled a commercial airliner, and the last one they did was>pretty good for its day. Hello, Let me just chime in here concerning the IRS on the PMDG bird. I would have loved to of had a fully IRS sytem too since I was in beta on their 737s all the way up till the 800-900. For reasons only known to PMDG they chose not to tackle it even for the later varitions. The 4-5 737 pilots who also tested did not give any big weight to having it although having it would have been a "part" of the simulation of a 737. In reality the IRS is not used on the 737 in the same sense as the FMC or A/P. BUT - and this brings me back to why I wanted to post about this, the IRS is modelled in the sense that it is always aligned on this 737 - so, to say that there is no IRS is not technically correct - only the interaction is not modelled. This is all MUTE when we consider that the 737 from PMDG will see life once again in FSX and I can say with 100% certainty it will be fully modelled like we now see in their 744. If it was me, I would not buy any add-on right now that is not promising a working model for FSX. As the two you mentioned, I would opt for the 737 since it is in fact more complete than the CS 757 that does not have an FMC currently................Randy J. Smith................CAUTION! My views represent no one but my own. While I do help companies test products - this in no way means I represent them in ANY fashion.[h4]Evolution is a process that results in heritable changes in a population spread over many generations[/h4]

I fly the PMDG 737 series (I mostly fly the 700 with the 800/900 update).I love the FT 737 300/400/500 series. Not quite the same as the NG's but a cool plane to say the least and well worth the moola IMO.

The FT 733/4/5 is finished.The CS757 is not.

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest jgreth123

I assume Randy meant to say MOOT there ;)

Guest thedoggg

On the PMDG 737 and Feelthere planes, why outdated. These are still the best simulations of their respective aircraft. These are still great planes to fly. The Feelthere Pic 737 is the best 737-300/400/500 available. If you have the PMDG 737-600/700/800/900 the PIC completes the 737 range in realistic simulations (except for the 737-100/200, Maybe the Tinmouse I havent tried for those. So the Pic is the way to go if you like 737s. The CS757 I wouldn't get simply because its not really a finished product and I don't like buying airplane parts rather whole airplanes. If they ever put together all the blocks into one package and they get advanced FMC and systems block done then they will have a nice package. Other 757 options are coming from PSS and LDS as well.Regards, Carlos

Guest VAA_008

Would you mind pointing me towards the negative press for the FT 737. Simply because my intentions were to buy it in the very near future and I am curious to see about the negative press when it got a golden award with Avsim...I have only looked at the CS 757 and will not buy it. Holding myself for the PSS 757.

I've had a lot of fun with the fT737s, and the PMDG 737s, but I also fly both regularly with MidCon. While there is some negative press. I have'nt had any issues with it like some seemed to have. I had the wild pitching problems, but that turned out to be a glitch FSUIPC in how it was handling winds. After the newer FSUIPC came out, I've had no issues with it. The problem you'll see in the FT forums is that some people seem to think that because they have a problem with it, everyone must be having the same issue, there for it must be something wrong with the plane itself and not just some local conflict on their end.----------------------------------------------------------------John MorganReal World: KGEG, UND Aerospace Spokane Satillite, Private ASEL 141.2 hrs, 314 landings, 46 inst. apprs.Virtual: MSFS 2004"There is a feeling about an airport that no other piece of ground can have. No matter what the name of the country on whose land it lies, an airport is a place you can see and touch that leads to a reality that can only be thought and felt." - The Bridge Across Forever: A Love Story by Richard Bach

John Morgan

"There is a feeling about an airport that no other piece of ground can have. No matter what the name of the country on whose land it lies, an airport is a place you can see and touch that leads to a reality that can only be thought and felt." - The Bridge Across Forever: A Love Story by Richard Bach

That should be a no-brainer: Definitely the FT737, because of the advanced systems and excellent support - the CS757 has no FMC and god only knows when and if it'll ever see the light of day.Pat

Guest Pilot53

I think the cs 757 may be the right purchase when block f is out and working, but now it is not wise to buy the 757. As for the negative press about the ft 737 I dont think it deserves a gold award or a 5 star rating, i think a 3.5 or maybe a 4 would do. Why? it is missing thing that a 5 star addon has. There are alot of switches on that panel that dont work, its missing logic like hot start and engine damage, the lighting is not great, the vc is not like what we have come to expect from addons of this date and the exterior lights are not all there. And in my opinion the exterior of the plane doesnt look quite right. And the lnav overshoots and is too agresive. But thats just me. :)

The LNAV issue isn't a universal issue (I haven't experienced it to date) and I haven't really noticed the nose irregularity, but I must admit, I don't study the real-aircraft that closely either. I will concede that the flight start and exterior lights could be fixed, but overall, I've found it to be an enjoyble plane.----------------------------------------------------------------John MorganReal World: KGEG, UND Aerospace Spokane Satillite, Private ASEL 141.2 hrs, 314 landings, 46 inst. apprs.Virtual: MSFS 2004"There is a feeling about an airport that no other piece of ground can have. No matter what the name of the country on whose land it lies, an airport is a place you can see and touch that leads to a reality that can only be thought and felt." - The Bridge Across Forever: A Love Story by Richard Bach

John Morgan

"There is a feeling about an airport that no other piece of ground can have. No matter what the name of the country on whose land it lies, an airport is a place you can see and touch that leads to a reality that can only be thought and felt." - The Bridge Across Forever: A Love Story by Richard Bach