Sign in to follow this  
Guest MarkM

CS 757 or FT 737 PIC Can't decide !!!!

Guest Pilot53

I do have to agree with one thing, it is overall an enjoyable experience. I have put together a merge between ariane's high quality exterior us air 737-400 model and the ft panel and now it is a much better experience.

Guest Water Mango

PMDG's 737 series is such a framerate hog in the VC I opted for the Ariane 737 VCe package. The Ariane option is very over priced and not nearly worth what's being asked. The only reason I use it over the PMDG bird is it's easier on frames and there

Ft 737. or at least dont update the 757 to 1.2 i think it was MUCH better before that update...i cant believe it. CS needs to stick to older aircraft. if they can make a DC8 as good as there 727 and 707, i think that would put them back on top.

Guest MarkM

Do not agree with you! The 757 WAS great, and is MUCH better after the update! May be people just need to read manuals.

Guest JTEK99

>Do not agree with you! The 757 WAS great, and is MUCH better>after the update! May be people just need to read manuals.Well... people should read the manuals, agreed. But it's still a framerate hog no matter what system you have. It's the Hoover Vacuum of frames, which is amazing since it doesn't have a "real" FMC working behind the scenes. But -- regardless of some people not reading manuals and such -- it's still buggy as ####; Captain Sim buries posts on their forums every hour in order to conceal complaints. Business as usual. :)The only thing going for it is the beautiful 2D panels and fantastic VC.

Guest aafuss

I fly the PMDG 800/900 and the FT 737 300/400/500 series for my VA, Babya Airlines. Great to fly with FlightDeck Companion 3-as you get Captain Sim style in-cabin annoucements. I love the FT 737 300/400/500 series too.

Guest Water Mango

I agree the CS757 was better before the update...

One of my biggest pet peeves also! I think 99% of people use that term incorrectly by writing and saying MUTE when the actual term is MOOT. Someone even told me that MOOT is not a word! LOL.Back on topic, I have the 737PIC and it is 'okay'. The visual model is 'okay' and most systems are modeled, for the most part correctly, but the VC textures leave a lot to be desired. The 737PIC is by no means a stellar achievement by any means but it is adequate.The CS 757 is a beautiful eye candy aircraft, inside and out, and if that's all you care about (eg. kick the tires and light the fires) then it is the aircraft for you. However, since the complex 'modules' don't yet exist one can only judge its merits on what is CURRENTLY available. (my mentor once said that you can put $#!% in one hand and wishes in the other and see which one weighs more). Unfortunately, one can easily mimic the same experience as the CS 757 with the outstanding POSKY 757 model and Lonnie's 757 panel...for free. The PMDG model is very good but is missing an IRS and at today's level of complexity available this does become hard to ignore for the really hard core.PSS's 757 looks promising and LDS's 757 is highly anticipated but still vaporware at this point and information concerning it is about as abundant as water in the Sahara. So at the end of the day the current pickins' are very slim. Save the $$$ for a few more weeks as the PSS is due out EOM 8/2006 and maybe, just maybe it will be worth the time and expense.

Quit buying CS' stupid garbage. Everyone has told you guys how crappy that company is but you suckers keep buying their junk. Sure, it looks pretty, but there is no support and underneath the pretty outer shell its just junk.

Guest captandy

Well I just started using the PMDG 737 again after a long hiatus and I have to say it is a fun and intriguing a/c.I avoid using the VC as I am a 2D user anyway except for the PMDG 747 and the Aeroworx KA which I think the VC's are great.So I will wait until the rel of the LDS 757 which I think will be for FSX and the FSX version of the PMDG 737.Andy

Guest MarkM

Sorry for you, you are missing such great products, especially 757 and C-130! And I have no problems with their support.Not too polite to call us all 'suckers' x(