Sign in to follow this  
regis9

How to Tell You Own Too Many P3D Scenery Addons

Yesterday while looking for a real world flight for my new B748, I noticed several flights to/from Beijing.  I though to myself, not this time around, I don’t want to spend the money on a Beijing scenery right now (it’s been a pricy couple of weeks!)

Then today I got a notification from Simmarket that an update is available for my previous purchase of the WF Studios Beijing scenery.  Um, excuse me?  

So yeah, when you start not flying to cities because you don’t think you own an addon scenery, but you actually do, it might be a sign of an addon overdose.  I may start a support group 🙂

Edited by regis9
  • Like 8

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

12 minutes ago, regis9 said:

Yesterday while looking for a real world flight for my new B748, I noticed several flights to/from Beijing.  I though to myself, not this time around, I don’t want to spend the money on a Beijing scenery right now (it’s been a pricy couple of weeks!)

Then today I got a notification from Simmarket that an update is available for my previous purchase of the WF Studios Beijing scenery.  Um, excuse me?  

So yeah, when you start not flying to cities because you don’t think you own an addon scenery, but you actually do, it might be a sign of an addon overdose.  I may start a support group 🙂

Yes, something similar happened to me also. In a sale I bought the SBJV Joinville scenery from Paulo Ricardo. Only to find out later that I already owned it (but never used). Fortunately it was only 7 EUR but since then I double check 😉

Georgian Virtual Airports (UGMS Mestia / UGGT Telavi / UGAM Ambrolauri)

21 minutes ago, regis9 said:

Funny but true.  It's happened to me too.  Feeling really begrudged that I had to spend more money on a scenery, I checked Simmarket just to make sure I didn't already have it - which I did.  Rolled my eyes and mumbled, 'you ijot, of course you have it'.

Thats why i have an Google map of all of my airports already bought or installed, also good for choosing an interesting route to fly as next leg. And it also has the airports marked i may buy later 😉

Sometimes i have an "wish-to-have-addon" in the perfect distance for the next leg so i have an good excuse to buy it 😁

• Like 4

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

2 hours ago, regis9 said:

Lol.. this made me laugh.. surely you know you hit the limit when your FPS counter shows 0 (zero) :tongue:

S.

Glad it happens to someone else too.

Daniel Rosso: ATP Single and Multi-Engine: B757 B767 BAE-ATP DA-50 DA-20 CE-650 CE-560-XL CE-525S DO-228: Flight Instructor Single and Multiengine Airplane Gold Seal:  Ground Instructor Advanced and Instrument: Remote Pilot SUAS

I keep a P3D Scenery.txt file updated with my addons, currently about 150 items not including the AF only files I have for a several dozen locations.

I saw that update for ZBAA too, and it's in my todo list.  The hard part is keeping up with updates because they are not always widely announced and in the case of one update I did a couple of days ago, the update AF file has wrong navaid information (ILS instead of LOC for example) that needs corrected with ADE.

This is an excellent hobby for the single retired guy.

Dan Downs KCRP

Some default airports can be"not so bad". Especially with the REX HD Airport Textures addon. Maybe not as much  eye wow but a whole lot easier on performance flying a full fat airliner simulation.

Vic green

Wasn't there an add-on which displayed all add-on airports you own on a map? But unfortunately, I forgot the name of this add-on - Maybe I have too many add-ons ... 🤔

Edited by Nemo

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

24 minutes ago, Nemo said:

Wasn't there an add-on which displayed all add-on airports you own on a map? But unfortunately, I forgot the name of this add-on. Maybe I have too many add-ons ... 🤔

I use FSXMAP It's freeware and if you use your linked Google account then you can add a comment to every airport you bought and it will be obvious on the map. A great utility for thinking about where to fly and setting ILS or LOC information.

Best regards

Rupert

Simstarter NG also has this feature

• All installed airports can be viewed in Google Earth for a better overview

7 hours ago, JoeFackel said:

Thats why i have an Google map of all of my airports already bought or installed, also good for choosing an interesting route to fly as next leg. And it also has the airports marked i may buy later 😉

Sometimes i have an "wish-to-have-addon" in the perfect distance for the next leg so i have an good excuse to buy it 😁

I have exactly the same. Invaluable 😃

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

7 hours ago, JoeFackel said:

Can you make your own "Google Map" and pin locations on it?  Or are you saving a world screenshot and marking locations in your favorite paint program?

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

The first thing I do when acquiring a new airport scenery is to make it a "favorite" in Navigraph Charts. 👨‍🎓 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1