Sign in to follow this  
vc10man

GSX Message "You need to stop the engines to request"

38 minutes ago, edpatino said:

Ok, understood. Thanks.

May I suggest something like the updater (I mean the FSDT Live Update run from outside the sim) at each run tells you (a) which is the most current version of the software and (b) which is your current installed version on your machine?.

This has been discussed and answered so many times on our forum and, the very concept of a "version" is not really relevant with a Live Update system that will always update everything to its latest version.

When you run the Live Update, there are only two possible outcomes:

- The Live Update is not blocked by anything (firewall, antivirus, internet down, etc.) and completed successfully, which means all files of every installed product have been updated.

OR

- The Live Update was blocked the firewall/antivirus, an update server was down, your internet connection was down, etc. so there was at least one file that failed the download and is not the version we have online.

To check this, as each file finished downloading, it's checked *again* for its hash against the one on the server and if they don't match, an error message will come saying the updater couldn't get the latest version of the file for some reason, so you know you don't have the very latest version of something.

If you don't see such message during the Live Update, then you surely have the latest version of everything so, knowing about a version number is just redundant information.

What you need to know, is that there IS an update available, and what has been changed, and this information is already there by the notification itself and the ability to read the release notes.

Edited by virtuali

1 hour ago, virtuali said:

If you don't see such message during the Live Update, then you surely have the latest version of everything so, knowing about a version number is just redundant information.

This is what I have when I run the Live Update, no warnings. So, according to your kind answer, I suposse that means that I already have the latest version, which is good.

I now know that I shouldn't run the Live Update from within the sim, just from the outside, and I just warn you that the message to quit the sim is not yet appearing, at least for me, when you're informed that a new update is available and a log of the changes is available.

Thanks, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

56 minutes ago, edpatino said:

I now know that I shouldn't run the Live Update from within the sim, just from the outside, and I just warn you that the message to quit the sim is not yet appearing, at least for me, when you're informed that a new update is available and a log of the changes is available.

As I've said, it shouldn't suggest you can update without restarting the sim from now on so, you won't see any changes until the next update notification.