Sign in to follow this  
Penzoil3

Bull, I cry FOUL !

Jim Young

• Forums Administrator

Sorry to throw water on the party but the Hangar Chat should be aviation related, real world or simulator, that will not fit in other forums.  Topic locked.

Hangar Chat

This forum is for the discussion of real world aviation topics and "any other topics not covered in other forums."

Isn't humor "any other topic" ?

Sue

Edited by Penzoil3
  • Upvote 1

You might like this one Sue...

When I lived in Denver back in the days of FS2002 I was in the den flying my Cessna at 1:00AM about an hour out of Meigs when my wife called out of the bedroom, "Hey,Noel, wanna join the Mile High Club?"  Well, I thought to myself, that's what autopilots are for.

Noel

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

Like minded simmers do share a joke from time to time, but I wouldn't fault Jim so much, he uses discretion the best he can and not always to the agreement of others. Minor issues really compared to other things in the world.

We are having a beautiful sunny day in Wellington and for whatever reason when I came into work my colleague felt like listening to ABBA on Spotify. I don't like ABBA either but I won't let that ruin an amazing day. Here's to you Fernando 😄😁😄  

• Like 1

Matthew Kane

Perceived problem is corrected.  Please read the revised description for Hangar Chat.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

This doesn't fix a "perceived problem". All it does is change the wording to reflect another point of view. I agree with Sue....how about a forum for a little humor? And Noel.....I can't believe you lived in Denver (The Mile-High City) and never joined the Mile-High Club without the need for an autopilot.....😃..........Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

23 minutes ago, 188AHC said:

Perceived problem is corrected.  Please read the revised description for Hanger Chat.

Congrats!!  Now folks like Noel and Devon and countless others will not be able to share their wonderful and timeless finds and perspectives without breaking the forum rules!  So much for the nice "family" feel of this forum.

Greg

1 hour ago, 188AHC said:

Perceived problem is corrected.  Please read the revised description for Hanger Chat.

So I'm going to assume it's okay to discuss things like wardrobes, closets, clothes, coat hooks and other sartorial accoutrements since it's now got a revised description and is apparently called Hanger Chat as opposed to Hangar Chat. 😉

Edited by Chock
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Good catch.....time for me to get out all the wire hangers from the cleaners and put them on display,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

I am at a loss for words.

• Upvote 1

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

Well  you got me.  Rather auto correct did. 😁 Incidentally,  the description is not an opinion.  It reflects what the forum is for. 

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

14 minutes ago, shivers9 said:

I am at a loss for words.

Then you've come to the right forum.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Barry Friedman

Just now, fs4fun said:

Then you've come to the right forum.

That is humor, and it's strictly verboten.  Heh.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Any real-life pilot who has sat around in a real-life hangar on folding chairs with other pilots waiting for the weather to clear knows the conversations range from women to flying to good restaurants to dirty jokes to women to airplanes to where I went on vacation to good books to favorite recipes to women to my scariest flight to the best way to grill a steak to guess what my wife did to do you know any good plumbers to women to who's the best pilot to what kind of car should I buy to good movies to how to fix my computer to showing pictures of his grandchildren to golf to women to politics to that guy we all know in the tower to women to the best closet hangers...I could go on.  The topics were endless.

Noel

Edited by birdguy
  • Like 2

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

I agree some banter should be allowed, Tom was the best at the banter on here and the reason why many of us transitioned to AVSIM from other forums. Even Tom used to say 'Good Grief' from time to time when warranted.

We are a good bunch and really not doing anything different then what has been said or posted for decades now, I don't see any reason for a policy change.

Edited by Matthew Kane

Matthew Kane

17 minutes ago, birdguy said:

Any real-life pilot who has sat around in a real-life hangar on folding chairs with other pilots waiting for the weather to clear knows the conversations range from women to flying to good restaurants to dirty jokes to women to airplanes to where I went on vacation to good books to favorite recipes to women to my scariest flight to the best way to grill a steak to guess what my wife did to do you know any good plumbers to women to who's the best pilot to what kind of car should I buy to good movies to how to fix my computer to showing pictures of his grandchildren to golf to women to politics to that guy we all know in the tower to women to the best closet hangers...I could go on.  The topics were endless.

Noel

Yup, that occurred to me too. Most people at my place of work - i.e. the ramp at EGCC, so that literally includes some hangars, where we chat - are no different from anyone else in that they talk about anything and everything. Sure, when we've got to be professional and deal with stuff, we absolutely are like that, but when we're up near the hangars on the Fairey Apron (where you can have a smoking break, we're all chatting about sport, whose got the nicest car, relationships, which airline has the best-looking cabin crew, what films are worth checking out and so on, and that is what Hangar Chat on Avsim should emulate.

In fact, I've had more than one airline pilot chat with me about football and such whilst I was on the headset in contact with them when waiting for clearance to push their plane out. Not too surprising really considering Manchester United, Manchester City, Liverpool etc are all within about 20 miles of the airport, as indeed are lots of other footy clubs. Manchester City's stadium is even named 'the Etihad Stadium', it being sponsored by the United Arab Emirates-based Etihad Airways.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here