Sign in to follow this  
Mace

Strange Towers

Guest abulaafia

I have these towers appearing in a scenery and frankly I tried everything to get rid of them, from reinstalling to contacting the developer - no success. My guess is a problem with tree textures, but from screenshots I have seen there aren't any trees there in the first place. Has anyone encountered this problem? Desperately, Martenhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/154031.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/154032.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/154033.jpg

Those look like trees alright, with missing textures. You did not mention the name of the scenery, but I suspect you are simply missing one texture file.

Graeme Butler

Most of them are not on the scenery - but in the autogen alongside the scenery.Try moving you autogen slider down and see if they go away.Though many designers do place a lot of trees outside their scenery boundary.

Guest Elvi5

Pretty sure those are not Autogen trees. More like Gmax trees missing a texture.I'd try reinstalling the product to see if they appear.They should look like this:http://library.avsim.net/sendfile.php?Loca...e&ImageID=81361The tree textures are called alberi.bmp & found in the ISD_LIRF texture folder. Try changing season also, they may show up.

Guest abulaafia

autogen setting does not have any effect

Guest abulaafia

I think this is likely. I re-downloaded and re-installed, but no luckI have alberi, alberi_FA, alberi_lm, alberi_SP and _WI in the LIRF/texture folder. So weird. I then downloaded LIMC, which has exactly the same alberi tree textures, same result. My computer doesn't like Italian trees ?!?!

Those aren't autogen trees, those are custom treelines put in by an airport designer.I can think of one of two things: either you are missing a texture, or the texture is mis-associated in the bgl. If the latter, then other people should get the same error with the same scenery package installed.Otherwise, the package is missing a texture or you have the right texture but it's in the wrong place. Rhett

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest Elvi5

Are you in slew mode? Sometimes textures take a little while to pop in until you start to fly or taxi normally.I just checked my copy out & the trees do work ok.I did notice they are not gmax trees but macros. I could be possible they are conflicting with another addon you have & ignoring the texture.

Guest abulaafia

I rechecked, trees are installed correctly. How would they conflict with another addon ... I don't get that part. In any case I disabled all other Addon sceneries and installed only LIRF -- still no trees. Stumped. Thanks for all the help. You reckon there is a way to disable them altogether? I am thinking graphic card related?? I have an ATI Radeon X1900. Tried different settings, but nothing affects my concrete trees :)

Hm that thread is interesting. You know, if other people are having problems, then it is probably a (minor) error in the scenery package. Either a texture was omitted, or put in the wrong place.Rhett

Rhett

Guest abulaafia

Apparently nobody has reported the error before. The package also works on my friend's PC and we have nearly the same setup. Still stumped, because it seems such a trivial issue, but I can't find the root of the problem.

Intalled this and had the same problem.I'm not sure what the proplem is, but it seems to be in the file lirf_library.bgl. For some reason it is not able to find the textures in the paired texture folder. I had success by putting the textures into to main flight simulator 9texture folder. based on the textrues used, I would put all the following textures in that folder:alberi.bmp and all the variantslirf_ogg_1.bmp and the _lm variant (and for all the following)lirf_edifici2.bmpmeza_caricavaligie.bmpcatering.bmppulman.bmpportacontainer.bmpmez_container.bmpfurgspecial.bmpscaletta.bmpscott s..

Guest abulaafia

Excellent suggestion!I put the alberi* textures into the main folder and the scenery now displays correctly. Maybe the bgl assumes a default installation path, whereas my simulator is installed on a separate hard disk and different directory. Thank you so much for your help Scott.

>Apparently nobody has reported the error before. Huh?? In that thread link you posted, someone said they had the error, and they replied that they were going to re-upload it. They asked where it was downloaded from, and they said AVSIM.Have you tried getting the file from another site?Rhett

Rhett