Sign in to follow this  
simmershome

SH Slim Lights Europe North and Canada + Greenland released

As announced, two more Slim Lights packages are now available for download. There is also an update of the Slimlights Base to version 3. This update is needed in preliminary consultation on the global Light Switch. (see other Thread)

Europe is now complete with the Northern Region.

Europe North contains:

• -Estonia - Latvia - Lithuania
  • -Sweden - Norway - Finland
  • -Faroe Islands - Iceland
  • -British Island ( incl. Ireland and Channell Islands)
  •  
London-City.jpg&key=2981d06d133bfe2f7cab

Canada und Grönland contains:

• Canada complete
  • Greenland
  •  
Toronto.jpg&key=1c3bddf7b9467bb9e569c885

An overview of how this looks in different places is provided by the picture gallery on the website of Simmershome:

Europa North

Canada

The download is available as always in the forum registered members. Club membership is not required

Edited by simmershome
  • Like 2

Regards Rainer

https://simmershome.de

cropped-logo.jpg

11 hours ago, simmershome said:

The download is available as always in the forum registered members

How do you join the forum, as it is not an English forum, cannot see how to register ?

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

53 minutes ago, ZKOKQ said:

How do you join the forum, as it is not an English forum, cannot see how to register ?

Right, that`s a German forum private from me. German language. Here ist an English forum language English.

I use Google translator, when I not understand some

Here the registration steps

Step 1

reg1csc9d.jpg

Step 2

reg2aqiy4.jpg

Step 3

reg301fvk.jpg

Step 4

reg47ccku.jpg

After you get a mail with activation link. Confirm and Login

Edited by simmershome

Regards Rainer

cropped-logo.jpg

Thank you for your assistance, very kind of you.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

ATTENTION AT ALL DOWNLOADS from Slim Lights Base v3.1 in the forum an UPDATE available! 

I've made a mistake since v2. The blue and white lights did not go. The texture was corrupt and I still had the old one and did not notice it

Regards Rainer

cropped-logo.jpg

Hello Rainer

For those of us with the full ORBX packages including lights, do we need to uninstall the Orbx Lights in the FTX Centre?, if so will that be enough for your packages to work in P3Dv4? Grateful for some feedback.

Thanks

2 hours ago, ideoplastic said:

Hello Rainer

For those of us with the full ORBX packages including lights, do we need to uninstall the Orbx Lights in the FTX Centre?, if so will that be enough for your packages to work in P3Dv4? Grateful for some feedback.

Thanks

No, the Slim Lights are completely independent of the OrBX Lights.But you have to keep in mind that two light systems generate more load and then double lights are present, even if you do not see immediately.My lights go far beyond the LOD.

But you have different configuration options.

Since OrbX is present in the cities, you can switch off my residetial lights in the configurator.Likewise, you can do in FTX Central shutdowns and use my lights. It is flexible.

Finally, I also build the Global Switch which allows one click to turn off all lights of the FS and only use Slim Lights.
All possibilities are open.

You have to find out what's best for you.The global lights are dependent of the autogen. While you often do not see popping during the day (bug in P3D), you can clearly see when autogen lights are popping. For me, the best is without these lights, see link above in Sim-wings Madrid

Edited by simmershome

Regards Rainer

cropped-logo.jpg

Does this "fix" the issue that Orbx and Black Marble/Night Environment have where they have lights on all major roads/highways that are out away from cities?  The "spider web" effect that we see in these projects.  In the U.S. at least, when you get away from cities, the highways inter-connecting the cities are not all lit up as far as the eye can see.  Totally non-realistic.  That's my only complaint against these night lighting products.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

@ Rainer

Hello Rainer.

First of all. Thank You for making this tool available.

I already activated my login credentials and go into the forums, but I'm unable to find the download link.

Could you please point me to it?

Thank You.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, RamonB said:

@ Rainer

Hello Rainer.

First of all. Thank You for making this tool available.

I already activated my login credentials and go into the forums, but I'm unable to find the download link.

Could you please point me to it?

Thank You.

Here:

Regards Rainer

cropped-logo.jpg

1 hour ago, klamal said:

Does this "fix" the issue that Orbx and Black Marble/Night Environment have where they have lights on all major roads/highways that are out away from cities?  The "spider web" effect that we see in these projects.  In the U.S. at least, when you get away from cities, the highways inter-connecting the cities are not all lit up as far as the eye can see.  Totally non-realistic.  That's my only complaint against these night lighting products.

That's how it looks.
If you do not want anything outside you can disable everything except residential.
My lights, however, look more subtle than the others, so not so obtrusive and big.
In the picture, all other lights of the sim are disabled.

madrid3dehu.jpg

Regards Rainer

cropped-logo.jpg

i have never seen someon doing that big job to our communit yofr free, Rainer.

So thank you for your time you spend in our hobby and giving it for free.

I really respect and appreciate the work you are doing.

Danke Bruder !

Carsten

• Like 1

Carsten U

6 minutes ago, RamonB said:

@simmershome

Got the files, this looks very, very promising.
Thank You very much.

Please,

In my forum there is the global switch as a public beta test
The description is currently only in German, but there are pictures here

Edited by simmershome

Regards Rainer

cropped-logo.jpg