Sign in to follow this  
nickpike

Kodiak STOL

Just installed the Kodiak STOL complete with the Garmin G1000.Not only is this a great aircraft but the cause for developing this project is a very worthy one. With all the bells and whistles to master I'll probably not get into the sack until the early hours tomorrow. Congratulations to Lionheart Creations and the whole team who contributed. Gary

Hi Gary,An amazing package indeed :). What a neat plane and oh those adventures. Just wait till you try to fly those with Justin Tyme's mesh. Google Earth the landing locations and just look at what the real terrain looks like... terrifying :-eek to fly into.Zane

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Are there any screenshots of the panel (2d and VC)?The plane looks great from the outside... but have not seen any shots of the inside...

Bert

Guest Mike94

good that i'm not alone.... I was searching for panel screenshots too, but unfortunately i don't find any.It's indeed a very interesting aircraft esp. with a Garmin 1000, so it would be great to see some screenshots of the panel!Cheers from germany,Michael

I just asked Mindstar (the G1000 devs) if their comming updates will cover the Kodiak panel as well and got a positive answer. Their website has pics of the Cessna panel, I imagine it

/Tord Hoppe, Sweden

"Edit: Oops, just occured to me that I perhaps jumped to the cocnlusion that it

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Since the authors of this aircraft did not deem it necessary to show the interior of the plane. Can one of you who already bought it post some pics of it? I find it hard to buy anything without seeing all of what I'm getting. I'm getting ready to buy another GA plane and the DF Baron58 was my next target; but I seen the Kodiac and was considering it; except they left out the very thing that they are marketing with the plane... shots of the G1000 in their product :(guess this is an oversight?

Guest dpc
http://www.lionheartcreations.com/KodiakDave________________________________________AMD Athlon 64 4000+ San Diego @ 2.6MhzNForce4-A939 mobo 1G FSB2x1G Cosair XMS Ram on dual channelsSapphire Radeon X1900XT Video Card @ XTX23" Apple Cinema Display @ 1920X1200Soundblaster Live24Saitek Cyborg EVO TrackIR4

Guest lionheart777

Hello Bert,The Kodiak does come with a 2D panel. A screenshot of the panel has been added to the website as well.Scrshot2952-945x723.jpgThis is a screenshot of the panel in 2D mode. The edge of the center MFD can just be seen at right. This allows you to click on the face and bring it to Zoom mode. The CRT of the LH PFD panel can also be clicked on to Zoom it as well.Scrshot2502-945x717.jpgThis is the panel in VC mode. The Garmin system really makes for a clean looking panel...About 5% of our customers have reported a problem with frame rates of which we are working to find out what the culprit is. The problem never occurred in the 2 months of Beta testing that we put the panels through.On the above conversation about the other producer of the Garmin G-1000, ours at least comes with a plane. ;) All kidding aside, Nick Pike has done an outstanding job on the system. Full and authentic navigation through the Softkey Menu's work and you have many sub screens you can bring up such as 360 degree HSI, Arc HSI, VOR1, VOR2, DME, TCAS moving traffic map, Engine basics, Engine temps/PSI's, Fuel and oil levels, etc.. For those that fear the 'monitors' with buttons, here is a bit of enlightenment. The Softkey selection Menu's along the bottom of each screen have menu words, such as 'Engine'. You select the softkey under that word and you get the sub selections, such as 'Fuel'. You select that and a screen appears on the left side of the MFD. Then you select 'Back' to return to the main Softkey Menu. Easy as that...

I would like to wish Lionheart creations the best of success on the simulation of this very promising aircraft C++ or Not. :-) Regards,Jim

lionheart777,Could you tell us the features and functionality thats included and thats to be included in your upgrade if any and the ones that you are unable to incorporate? Mindstar gave us a full disclosure that was very objective and they did that in a tabular form.... It was very clinical and easy for us to understand...and I may add brave on their part. Would you be kind enough to do such a thing..either here or at your forum?ThanksMannyedited to add: Something like thishttp://www.mindstarprods.com/aviation/G1000_Features.html

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Still finding my way around the new instrumentation of the Kodiac but one small hassle I have come across is how to get the course selector to work. The manual says to use the crs baro multi knob on the LHS of the PFD but I when I do this I can only locate a click spot for the baro setting, there doesn't appear to be one for course setting. Grateful if someone could set me right on this one. As a more general observation I would have to say that while the exterior model is very good the interior graphics (apart from the PFDs and MFD which are excellent) disappoint a little and certainly not equal to the high standard set by Dreamfleet for example. The prop spinner could also do with some work. But that said the package comes with a large number of different liveries and models and at a relatively modest price and recommended for anyone who wants to add to their collection of small strip capable aircraft.BTW the videos on the development of the real world Kodiac are well worth downloading from the Quest website, I wish all involved in this very worthwhile project every success.Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Yes this would be very helpful. The Kodiac manual only gives a very brief intro for the Garmin 1000 instrumentation and users are directed to the real world Garmin 1000 manual for further details (supplied with the package). However, to use the 200 odd page RW manual successfully you need to have a clear idea of what is and what is not included in the sim. Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."