Sign in to follow this  
nickpike

Kodiak STOL

>>I would like to wish Lionheart creations the best of success>on the simulation of this very promising aircraft C++ or Not.>:-) >>Regards,>>Jim Couldn't agree more Jim! The cause and purpose are worthy of the effort put forth.:-)Our comments were not intended as a slam on XML, just intended to educate on the differences:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Guest lionheart777

Thanks Bruce.We were given a very strict 'command' to be very 'bland' with the interior of the Kodiak as it was in the stages of being designed. No door panels were able to be obtained from the factory (photo data) as well as throttle pedestal details, (the factory one has temp decals on it), so at their request, we released it with a spartan interior.My ways have drifted to making everything work, function, illuminate at night, etc, but when I tried 'making things that didnt exist yet', Quest shut me down, which I realise is a realistic concern. You dont want someone showing your aircraft as having this and that, when it doesnt. They gave us a second chance and we did things according to what 'they' wanted. The pedestal, doors, interior details, and other components will be addressed soon as the production models are unveiled at Quest in November. They we can show you the 'secret stuff' they have been doing with the interiors. I cannot comment on them, but dang, its hard to hold a secret on cool stuff,(but I am).Manny,Almost all of the functions of our Garmin G-1000 work. The only thing that isnt included is the Weather Sat link which gives you online constant wind directions as well as cloud icons on the MFD screen.Our Garmin comes with the Autopilot Autothrottle option, which I am told is a rare option with the type G-67 system. Our system comes with all the stock authentic systems, such as TCAS full screen traffic observation, Engine management screens (3, verticle, displayed on the left side of the MFD), 360 HSI, Arc HSI, all other NAV display data, full functionality of the Softkey Menu system, etc.The knobs are a bit tight in the 'click zones'. We recently released an update of the panel config to help this factor as well as the Garmin screens were slightly out of true 'ratio' alignment, (overly tall), and now they fit their referenced dimentions better for a higher performance.We are still working on the rare FPS problem. We are talking with MS about this trying to figure out why some (10%) people get a 7 FPS frame rate speed when they go from VC to Spot Plane mode, then back to VC. Puzzling little bug...For Developers, I would like to add that Nick Pike's excellent creation was not restricted to the Kodiak in our contract. If you require a Garmin G-1000 for your planes, he is available. There are some details required to program into the system before it is ready, such as VnE speeds, engine temps, fuel capacities, etc. BillLHC

Bill,Could be that I've missed some vital information in reading the associated info for the Kodiak Float. In the Panel folder is a zip for the Avidyne EXP5000 PFD and the guide of the Entegra Lancair Kit.It is intended to have the choice of PFD's in the float? EXP5000 vs G1000?Gary

Guest lionheart777

Hello Gary,Hmmmm.... Those werent supposed to be in there.The Avidyne is by Scott Thomas, who is still working on it. It is a prototype file that we used while waiting for Nick to finish the Garmin system.Kindly delete them if you could.Bill

Deleted as requested. In reading one of the recent "Flying " magazines R.Collins discussed the Avidyne in his technically advanced aircraft article. He considers it a draw between that and the G1000. I did read through the "not supposed to be there" pilots guide before deleting tho'Gary:)

Guest lionheart777

Hey Gary,Its a neat panel and slightly similar to the Garmin in some respects. I never really got too familiar with the Avidyne.If you would like more information on it, just email Scott Thomas and he can fill you in on it. If you didnt know, Scott does all the instruments (gauges) for Milton Shupe.

Hi Bill,I just bought the Kodiak tonight.....is there a support page for this thing? I am having all sorts of trouble. I installed as per the instructions, but...when I choose an adventure, I see no scenery and when I try to go to the 2d cockpit, CTD. I am able to see the vc, however. I have reinstalled it once. I was able to finally solve the scenery problem by manually adding the scenery, but I still get a CTD when I try to go to the 2d cockpit view. p.s. I have tried starting in the default situation (FS9 default) no luck. Any ideas? BTW, I think it looks awesome from the website. Can't wait to fly her....Bruce Leehan

Bruce Leehan

Thanks Bill for that elaboration. Look forward to a more detailed interior after the production model is released. You didn't touch on my course selection problem but I have manged to solve that one myself after digging around more in the menus and sub menus on the PDF. BTW I did attempt to send an email on this issue to the email address provided in the manual "help@lionheartcreations" but it bounced with a host unknown error - perhaps it should have been "help@lionheartcreations.com"Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Guest lionheart777

Hello Bruce Leehan,My apologies for not checking this thread sooner. My apologies also on your problems you are having with the Kodiak package.Yep, you didnt activate the scenery. That was problem one. Though the package contains the DAT file, some computers still require activation of the scenery in Settings/Scenery.Next, having CTD's is the first time this is reported. 2 Months of testing never had this nor with all sales, so it sounds like your computer setup doesnt like something in the panel.I can recommend something though which has helped in such instances. Reload it and see if it does it. If it does, redownload the package and again re-install it. (This would get rid of the possibility of a corrupt download). If that doesnt work, then your system isnt allowing the plane to funcion, which could be a number of things, in which case we would need to refund you for your investment. I know I would hate to download a plane I have been waiting for, only to find I cant run it on my computer, but it does happen. I remember downloading Miltons DeHavilland DH7 when it first came out. My computer 'showed' it once for about 4 seconds and that was the last time I saw it until I purchased a more powerful computer. I must have tried running it several dozen times in long sessions, trying to get it to boot up for weeks afterwards. Lastly, our web address seems to have been 'eliminated' by our server, so write to william@lionheartcreations.com for now till we get the 'help' address sorted.Bill

Guest lionheart777

Hey Bruce B,The selection areas or zones around the knob are bit tight.In the panel folder, you will note a JPG that shows the click zones on the Garmin. Perhaps it would be good to have those in the Kodiak_Manual.html. I know I had a 'learning time' involved in finding out how to work the knobs. I didnt get them right off the bat, and probably because the zones were close.The Garmin 'company' PDF manual works awesome for finding the various small details. Amazing that Nick could fit all that into 2 screens...

Guest lionheart777

The web address for Help at Lionheart Creations seems to be working fine. If you send in a call for help and it doenst go through, try sending it a second time.help@lionheartcreations.comKind regards,Bill

Hi Bruce, I hink you mean the RHS of the PFD (or MFD) :)For the CRS to become active on the knob, select the 360

The attached is a table showing the G1000 features. This is something of a generic list as I have 5 versions of the G1000 at present. Different aircraft usually have a different feature package. What is 'missing' from the Kodiak is the weather layer tabular pages that are a handy reference to the weather layers you set-up in FS (listed near the botton of the MFD column).This G1000 has the integrated GFC700 AFCS (Automatic Flight Control System). Generically, an Autopilot. There are example flights in the Garmin manual which are useful for training purposes with the AP.I hope you find this useful,Nick

How are the frame rates with the G1000 on this aircraft?Thanks,

Howard

Jetline Systems: Intel 8th Gen Core i7 8700K (4.8GHz Overclock); GTX 1080 Ti; LG Curved UltraWide 3440x1440 Monitor

Guest lionheart777

Hello Howard,Frame rates have been very good. Alot of customers did note a drop of 5FPS Max on their normal performance when the MFD is in view.On launch, we found about 8 to 10 people out of a moderate amount of downloads had an issue where if they leave the 'interior' view modes to go to exterior, then return, their FPS drops to approximately 7 FPS. This is with their VC detail settings set to maximum however, and if settings are reduced to Low, this issue almost disappears.PS; Howard, that is an impressive looking list for your computer. I didnt know they had 1Gig of memory available for graphics cards yet.