Sign in to follow this  
spilok

Want CORRECT sounds!

My wife and I flew to Warsaw (EPWA) from KEWR in May on the wonderful 787-800 (1st time on that plane), and we loved the flight to and from Warsaw.  Very comfortable and smooth.  However, I noticed the sounds of the flaps being a "whine" that was very distinctive.  I would love to have that sound along with the other 787 realistic sounds.

Now, on Monday, we are flying Lufthansa 747-800 to Frankfurt, and then on to Sophia (Bulgaria) and we will be there and Romania AND Transylvania for 10 days.  I don't know the sounds of this plane yet, but will be very tuned in to the differences over the other 747's that I've been on.  MOST IMPORTANTLY, is the trip back to Newark.

We will fly to Munich from Bucharest and from there board the brand new Airbus A-350 for the trip home.  On all of the YouTube videos that I've watched, the flaps on the 350 have a similar "whine" when extending and retracting.  I hope to find the sounds that are realistic  for this plane too.

Are any of you in possession of accurate sounds for the 787, 747-800, and the A350?  I know I'm being picky about this, but it certainly would make the sim more real.  I've searched the various sites but have not found realistic sounds for these planes.

Using P3d version 4.3.

Stan

ps.  Perhaps my inquiry here will be a catalyst for sound developers to produce these sounds if they don't already exist.

Edited by spilok

Sadly the A350 has two engine hydraulic engine pumps, one on each engine, so when you're on that one you won't hear the famous 'barking dog' sound issuing from the aircraft as it sometimes does on the A320 family when the power transfer unit kicks in to transfer hydraulic pressure to the second engine for starting (both the FSL and the Aerosoft Airbuses do that incidentally).

One thing you will likely hear on that 747 if you're sat anywhere near the wing, is a noticeable whirring sound as the aircraft's main gear comes off the runway, actually, many airliners make this noise, but it can be quite loud on a 747 if the pilot doesn't dab the brakes on lift off to arrest the wheel spin since it has lots of main gear wheels and some of them are of course canted so that they can retract into the bays which makes it occur a bit more than with a regular main gear arrangement. If you hear that whirring sound, it is the wheels spinning freely as they lose contact with the runway and sliding about a bit on their axle shaft bearings. 

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

You are looking for specific sim sounds? I thought you were looking for videos.

I think most sound developers are doing cockpit environments. Hearing the flaps or engines from Business Class are dying. 

But I do have plenty of Business  Class videos from various AC aircraft.

Don't blame for my name, my parents were hippies and met in Woodstock

3 hours ago, Chock said:

One thing you will likely hear on that 747 if you're sat anywhere near the wing, is a noticeable whirring sound as the aircraft's main gear comes off the runway, actually, many airliners make this noise, but it can be quite loud on a 747 if the pilot doesn't dab the brakes on lift off to arrest the wheel spin.

FYI, you don't apply brakes in the air on any (larger) jet. Brakes are applied automatically as soon as the gear starts to retract.

Edited by J35OE

3 hours ago, spilok said:

Perhaps my inquiry here will be a catalyst for sound developers to produce these sounds if they don't already exist.

Please note that sounds like the flaps and the PTU can only be heard in the cabin, not in the cockpit. Don't know how easy it is to develop sounds that can be only heard in the cockpit.

14 minutes ago, J35OE said:

Please note that sounds like the flaps and the PTU can only be heard in the cabin, not in the cockpit. Don't know how easy it is to develop sounds that can be only heard in the cockpit.

I would mention this, the perspective from the flight deck is totally different - BUT - yes one can hear the A350 flaps extending even in the cockpit. Not sure if this happens to any other jetliner though.

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto

6 minutes ago, Wanthuyr Filho said:

one can hear the A350 flaps extending even in the cockpit. Not sure if this happens to any other jetliner though.

I'm not aware of any airliner where you can hear anything but the nose gear from the cockpit. Are you talking from own experience and can you confirm that this is with the engines running and the cockpit door closed? 

2 minutes ago, J35OE said:

I'm not aware of any airliner where you can hear anything but the nose gear from the cockpit. Are you talking from own experience and can you confirm that this is with the engines running and the cockpit door closed? 

Correct, from experience and both engines running & everything closed. I was quite surprised too.

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto

Thanks for all the input.  I often fly with wing views when possible.  I just want to hear that unique whine when flaps are deployed or retracted.  I hope developers will hear my request.  Of course, all other sound (engine, etc) should also be as realistic as possible.

Stan