Sign in to follow this  
jt233

748 and Navigraph

Hello, so far I have been enjoying the 747-800 especially being able to pull up charts directly in the plane via the EFB. The issue I am having though is that each time I load the plane and go to the EFB and click on charts the Navigraph box comes up and I have to allow permissions again before it will work. Any ideas what might he causing this? It's not a big deal but it would be nice not to have the box come up everytime.

Thanks

Jason Thiers

1 hour ago, jt233 said:

Hello, so far I have been enjoying the 747-800 especially being able to pull up charts directly in the plane via the EFB. The issue I am having though is that each time I load the plane and go to the EFB and click on charts the Navigraph box comes up and I have to allow permissions again before it will work. Any ideas what might he causing this? It's not a big deal but it would be nice not to have the box come up everytime.

Thanks

be  nice  since i have  the  box  ticked  saying  keep me  logged  in

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

4 minutes ago, pete_auau said:

be  nice  since i have  the  box  ticked  saying  keep me  logged  in

It doesn't work that way. Even if you tick that box, the window still come up every time.

Zicheng Cai

15 minutes ago, Cai Zicheng said:

It doesn't work that way. Even if you tick that box, the window still come up every time.

If  you  would have  read  my  reply  in the above  post  I had  said  it  be  nice  if  it  could, even though I had  the  box  ticked

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

39 minutes ago, DavidP said:

Mine behaves the same way.

Glad I'm not the only one lol.

• Like 1

Jason Thiers

We have made some modifications to how the authentication and permissions consent is saved. Jason and others, could you please try again now? You shouldn't need to confirm permissions more than once.

Regards,

Stephen O'Connell
Navigraph Development Team

Stephen O'Connell

Hello Stephen,

I just went ahead and tested as follows:

Loaded up P3D and the 748, hit the Terminal Charts selection on the EFB - was asked to authenticate with Navigraph.

Shut down all power of the aircraft and shut down P3D - P3D remembers my last panel state.

Restarted the sim, loaded up the same aircraft, connected ground power and once again selected Terminal Charts from the EFB - was asked again to authenticate with Navigraph.

I have all the check boxes to remember me checked.

Honestly I hadn't seen this as an issue, and still don't really, but now that it has been mentioned I guess it would be nice not to have to take the extra step of authentication each time flying the 748.

Greetings!

Sander

Edited by harvester21

Navigraph. Question...

I have the year long FMS update subscription. Is it required to go to the ultimate subscription that includes the charts etc for use with the 748?

Reason I ask is that I currently use ForeFlight for flight planning.

Thanks for any responses.

Dave

4 hours ago, stephendoc said:

We have made some modifications to how the authentication and permissions consent is saved. Jason and others, could you please try again now? You shouldn't need to confirm permissions more than once.

Regards,

Stephen O'Connell

Thanks for the help. I will try and check it out later and report back. 

Jason Thiers

1 hour ago, dbw1 said:

Is it required to go to the ultimate subscription that includes the charts etc for use with the 748?

Nope. You just won't have charts in the EFB.

1 hour ago, dbw1 said:

Reason I ask is that I currently use ForeFlight for flight planning.

I have both. ForeFlight is great for the US. The 748 has longer legs than the planes I usually fly, though, so having the international charts is great.

Kyle Rodgers

Since the new Kai Tek came out I have an interest in flying in that part of the world. I have picked up a PacSim airport in China just up the coast and Taiwan and Manila may be next. Having the charts, maps and a a moving map display on a second monitor work be nice. Is it just airport charts/plates etc that can be pulled up on the EFB or can en route charts be viewed as well?  Thanks.

Dave

Edited by dbw1
spelling (again)

14 minutes ago, dbw1 said:

Is it just airport charts/plates etc that can be pulled up on the EFB or can en route charts be viewed as well? 

Currently enroute charts are not included in the EFB Terminal Charts application (as the name implies). An Enroute Charts EFB application that will overlay the aircraft position is in our plans, but it will take some time. 

• Upvote 1

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg

On 9/28/2018 at 3:54 AM, stephendoc said:

Regards,

Stephen O'Connell

Okay so I just tried loading the plane and allowed the permissions again. Loaded the plane a second time and it still came up asking for permission.

Thanks

On 9/28/2018 at 4:51 AM, harvester21 said:

Hello Stephen,

I just went ahead and tested as follows:

Loaded up P3D and the 748, hit the Terminal Charts selection on the EFB - was asked to authenticate with Navigraph.

Shut down all power of the aircraft and shut down P3D - P3D remembers my last panel state.

Restarted the sim, loaded up the same aircraft, connected ground power and once again selected Terminal Charts from the EFB - was asked again to authenticate with Navigraph.

I have all the check boxes to remember me checked.

Honestly I hadn't seen this as an issue, and still don't really, but now that it has been mentioned I guess it would be nice not to have to take the extra step of authentication each time flying the 748.

Greetings!

Sander

I agree. I am still really enjoying the plane and only think of it as a very minor issue.

Jason Thiers