Hallo, i already own a T16000m which works fine with airbus FBW simulation. But am now looking for a force feedback device, particularly with mjc Q400 and fsforce. Is there any recommendation beside SW ffb2? What about logitech force 3d pro or wingman force 3d?

Edited by brauner1

3 hours ago, brauner1 said:

What about logitech force 3d pro

Hello Ziv,

I have a Logitech Force 3D Pro (not sure wether I'm lucky or cursed), quite a few years old now (8yrs) (heavily modified by myself internally to rectify broken potentiometer locators and gimbal bearings) I used some (RFID tag) metal strip to reline the gimbal bearings and some micro-screws and small gauge PVC tubing for the locators on the Pots.
I don't believe Logitech make or sell them (F3DPro) anymore, there were quite a few manufacturing / reliability issues with the very delicate XY axis and twist handle pots, where the little plastic fingers would break off causing the pot to read only one direction of movement. I had 3 replacements before they refused to replace again. They (Logitech) must have chosen to dis-continue the (Force - F3DPro) in favour of the (Extreme - E3DPro) warranty returns may have killed the product line.

My F3DPro prone to accidental damage and over use is then unplugged and returned to its retail box until next use.
For this reason I am very careful with how often & aggressively I use my F3DPro, not even letting my young nephews use the Joystick, (but instead let them use a Wireless Xbox controller which I think is more familiar for them). They love to wrestle with each other and the controller to decide who has had a longer turn, I don't mind, they can't really harm the Xbox controller, and being wireless they can't rip out a USB lead.
btw:-  the MS wireless Xbox controller has "rumble" so there is some feedback though not Force Feedback.

Unfortunately there aren't many offerings for FF Joysticks in 2018, an old preloved Wingman FF, Sidewinder FF2 from ebay if you dare, or a preloved LT F3DPro if you can find one in a useable state. The're not cheap either (some galactic prices are being asked by their owners). The next problem you face with a preloved older FF stick will be the driver availability for your OS and or USB / Serial connection to the PC, I don't believe any modern MOBO's have Serial ports on the IO back panel (F3DPro uses USB2.0), and obviously the FF stick must also come with a working reliable serviceable power adapter. (Its a crapshoot at best).

A new Hotas Warthog might be your best bet (though not Force Feedback) spring return only, a well made and feature packed precision flight stick, but they are expensive.
Or stick with your T.16000M
The next level will obviously be a YOKO Force Feedback Yoke and pedals.
LOL wish I had the finances for a YOKO FF yoke ( O'h well, I can dream!). 

Edited by Jethro

I have X56 Hotas and MSFF2, in P3D i use MSFF2 as a stick, its very old  but still one of the best out there .. Not to mention flying chopper in DCS with a MSFFB2 is awesome..

Edited by Olmba

5 hours ago, Jethro said:

Well , that pretty much coincides with anything else i could find about the subject. Doesnt seem to be worth the effort at the end.

Altough i you could finance a yoko toke, you could go all the way, and invest in an iris instead?

Edited by brauner1

Hi Ziv,

Yes I've seen the "Iris Dynamics Yoke" with magnetic Force Feedback, in some other YT videos, its past the kickstarter/development stage, the last vid was a fully functional production, ready for retail orders. According to some in a forum post I read recently the intended cost unfortunately blew out to way more than expected, but the finished unit looks and functions well in the video, (load/strain LED's to indicate forces being applied) fascinating to watch the yoke on autopilot turning to a bearing or reacting to turbulence, albeit without some of the proposed development features though I have not seen the current product or the features that stayed and those that were lost to make it reliable in a retail marketplace. It has slightly clumsy software implementation (I like simple Plug n Play driver setup and calibration). Although it looks very enticing the Canadian export and exchange rate would make it a rather expensive purchase given delivery lead time & exchange rate to Aussie$ - US$ and then the cost of P&H to Australia and any warranty / function issues that may arise. Maybe I'll just stick to my Joystick.

Edited by Jethro

On 28 September 2018 at 6:25 AM, brauner1 said:

Is there any recommendation beside SW ffb2?

Is there any reason you're avoiding the FFB2? I can't find it on the FS Force website at the moment but there was something saying that the FFB2 had the strongest forces of the various force feedback joysticks. It's built like a tank and seems very reliable - mine has performed flawlessly for years. FS Force really makes it shine in FSX/P3D.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

On 10/1/2018 at 5:05 PM, simbio said:

There is this guy, that did an intresting project.

Now, this really looks promising. Much simpler construction than his first model with no obvious potential sources of binding. Commercial manufacturers beware!

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit