Sign in to follow this  
GCBraun

Some possible areas for improvement

Hello,

I am really enjoying the 748. It is without a doubt the best long-hauler in my virtual fleet. Nevertheless, even the best products always have some areas where they could improve. Here are two (possible) ones that I have found:

• Flight-deck lightning: It seems that PMDG is still using texturised-lightning for the lightning in the cockpit. Is this something that has been decided due to possible performance impacts with using other solutions? I must say that almost every aircraft that I currently fly uses some sort of dynamic lightning on the flight-deck and it is hard going back to the old FS2002 way of doing things.
  •  Rainmaker: This is such a great addition to the PMDG, thanks for that! Nevertheless, I have noticed that the drops disappear from the windshield even before taking-off. Is that normal on RW operations? I have seen a couple of videos (for instance this one) and it still possible to notice the drops well into climb. It is somewhat immersion breaking to have the rain disappear from one moment to the other during the take-off roll and a more fluid experience would be highly appreciated (some raindrop sounds while on the ground could also be added perhaps?).

Thanks for taking the time to read this and congratulations for this amazing bird!

Edited by GCBraun
  • Upvote 1

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

Why do so many people write "lightning" when they should be writing "lighting"? :huh:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

4 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

Why do so many people write "lightning" when they should be writing "lighting"? :huh:

Perhaps because not everyone is a native-English speaker? In any case, thanks for pointing it out.

• Upvote 1

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

I'm not surprised that they didn't include dynamic cockpit lighting in the -8... there was probably enough work getting rain effects put in. But dynamic lighting in the VC does need to happen in the future, because it's become standard at this price level, and even in add-ons that cost half as much.

Alex Pugh

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1