Sign in to follow this  
ErichB

Poll: Most wanted feature enhancement for P3D v5

My most wished for feature enhancement for P3Dv5   

287 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. What do you most want to see feature enhanced/improved in P3Dv5?

• Revamped ATC
    • New Terrain engine
    • Better atmospherics (TrueSky)
    • Sloped runways
    • Better thread optimization
    • Autogen scaling
    • Turboprob modelling
    • Realistic crash modelling
    • Physical Based Rendering (PBR)

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/05/2018 at 08:21 AM

Surprised so few people chose PBR.  At least from this list it's my most desired feature.  It's basically the only thing X-Plane does better, IMHO.  If P3D matches it I will no longer be tempted to pick up XP11.  

• Like 1

I voted for a new terrain engine.  However, I'd be happy to see a greatly improved terrain engine plus improved ATC.  I'll bet that thread optimization will be something that LM will do as well.

Dave

Simulator: P3Dv5.4

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

I think I wasted the 'Sloped Runways' option, because that would,  by default,  be provided if a new terrain engine was included (I'm suppose)

14 minutes ago, TechguyMaxC said:

Surprised so few people chose PBR.  

I think it's because it has been rumoured on certain news sites that PBR (in whatever form) might be out sooner than V5.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ErichB said:

I think it's because it has been rumoured on certain news sites that PBR (in whatever form) might be out sooner than V5.

I can understand that line of reasoning, though I would point out that rumors don't always prove true.  I personally wouldn't expect it until v5 but am ready to be pleasantly surprised.

Just now, TechguyMaxC said:

I personally wouldn't expect it until v5

I agree

Free upgrade. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Any option that negatively impacts 3rd party add-on developers is not likely to happen. So I don't expect improvements to be be made to the built-in ATC. And as much as 3D clouds would be great, that also impinges on developers like REX and HiFi.

LM will probably focus on implementing PBR and then Vulkan. I could also see improvements being made that would allow developers to have an easier time in realistically modeling turboprops.

Crash modeling? Really?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Any option that negatively impacts 3rd party add-on developers is not likely to happen. So I don't expect improvements to be be made to the built-in ATC. And as much as 3D clouds would be great, that also impinges on developers like REX and HiFi

Unless the SDK gets super charged allowing us to do extra cool stuff.. :wink:

S.

3 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Crash modeling? Really?

It was one of the requested features in the original thread from yesterday, so I dropped it in as it was requested.

10 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Any option that negatively impacts 3rd party add-on developers is not likely to happen. So I don't expect improvements to be be made to the built-in ATC. And as much as 3D clouds would be great, that also impinges on developers like REX and HiFi.

So at what point does everyone stop the crying about spilled milk and move forward?  Considering that REX and HiFi have already cashed in on P3D (Current) sales, why should that prevent  more radical core changes to a next full version?  

Do agree that PBR and Vulkan are  likely,  based on previous interviews with LM

Crash modeling? Really?

Yet another feature of Flight Unlimited 2 and 3 that was superior to anything provided by Microsoft or Lockheed Martin. I am starting to see a pattern here :wink:

• Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

5 hours ago, simbol said:

If only you could control the AI traffic better.

Exactly this!!  ATC isn’t a navigational aid, its purpose is to keep aircraft from hitting one another. Right now there isn’t any accurate software based ATC because none of them can control AI aircraft.  If LM could introduce the ability to control AI I think it would be a game changer. Maybe as a start they could introduce AI that can perform basic VFR “see and avoid” functions with any player controlled vehicle.  Eventually I’d like to see AI at the point where it can be controlled by a human controller on Pilotedge, Vatsim, etc. alongside real users.

Brian W

KPAE