Sign in to follow this  
PaulFWatts

Diamond DA62 coming soon from Sean Moloney (ex RealAir)

As mentioned on FSELITE

This plane looks stunning and promises a lot in terms of the Avionics.

Based on the quality of my previous purchases from RealAir (and hoping that Sean continues the excellent work) this will be a Day1 purchase for me.

• Like 1

How can I resist making this a 1st-day purchase? I always wanted to learn the proper use of a fully functional (and fluid) G1000 so just the fact that Sean was part of RealAir makes this is a must-have.

• Upvote 1

Mario Di Lauro

Hi Folks,

Sean Moloney and Rob Young are "Legend - - - wait for it - - - dary"... Hopefully his partner in crime is deeply involved with this little project as well...

I'm all in...

Link ??????

Regards,

Scott 

Edited by scottb613
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

I think there was a post on here not long ago that said Rob would not be involved

Son of RealAir?

Can't believe it's not RealAir?

I don't care

Just show me where

:smile:

😲 Give me a link!!!

Ok, I calmed down an Googled 😁

https://fselite.net/previews/vertx-flight-simulation-announces-diamond-da62-for-p3d-v4/

Awesome news! And just in time; now I won't bother with that Carenado release.

Edited by Rimshot
Link
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

34 minutes ago, Rimshot said:

Awesome news! And just in time; now I won't bother with that Carenado release.

Indeed, why would you inflict that on yourself when you can buy from a developer who cares about quality?

I have a personal rule against early adoption of products, but this developer has such a quality pedigree that I can safely say that this will be my next purchase, within days of release.

Edited by Holdit
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Hi Folk,

My god - it looks ready for release...

:wink:

Regards,
Scott

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Sorry I didn't post a link.

I wasn't sure if it was allowable but I'm now presuming it is 🙂

I've been waiting for a modern, high fidelity twin for awhile and this looks like it will fit the bill.

I'm currently greatly enjoying the A2A Bonanza and will look forward to adding the DA62 to my hangar.

It's perfect timing as I was also tempted to buy the Carenado release knowing that the eye candy would be excellent but I would be somewhat disappointed in the Avionics.

Sounds like this one will be the real deal in terms of a fully functioning G1000.

I spend way too much on this hobby 🙂

I had a great chuckle to one wag's response to "How do you know you have too many 3rd party airports" when they said "It's listed in the divorce papers" or words to that effect lol

I can sympathise.

• Like 2

Looking forward to seeing this one. I do have the new Carenado DA62, and indeed the Alabeo DA42, and they are both pretty nice add-on aeroplanes to be fair, they fly well and in fairness they have a not too bad stab at the avionics for the price.

Certainly looking at those screenshots of the forthcoming Vertx DA62, I suspect  if they can keep the price fairly reasonable and get it out the door relatively soon, it's likely to put a fair old dent in the Carenado sales, but that Carenado/Alabeo price point of 26 quid for the DA62 and 23 quid for the DA42 is going to be quite tricky to come close to.

Whatever the case, it's good to see at least half of RealAir back in the ring too.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

About the time I tell myself enough is enough this comes along. Credit card ready.

That is great news! If this is even half as good as the Real Air products then it will be at least 5 times as good as Carenado. I am in just if it is only to support Sean Moloney and a new Developer. Roll Tide and Roll Vertex. I wish them the best of luck. Credit Card Locked and loaded.

Edit...I was just thinking....Remember when we used to buy a Real Air product and download it and it just worked. No waiting for Bert to fix a problem or 3 or 4 patches to get is going. I do so miss those days.

Edited by shivers9
  • Upvote 1

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

I hope the Vertex G1000 screens are bright and easy to read. I could never stand the F1 mustang and F1 182 G1000 screens, they where kinda blurry and dark looking and I'm using a 1440p monitor. 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

1 hour ago, fakeflyer737 said:

I hope the Vertex G1000 screens are bright and easy to read. I could never stand the F1 mustang and F1 182 G1000 screens, they where kinda blurry and dark looking and I'm using a 1440p monitor. 

😉

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |