Sign in to follow this  
PaulFWatts

Diamond DA62 coming soon from Sean Moloney (ex RealAir)

2 hours ago, shivers9 said:

Remember when we used to buy a Real Air product and download it and it just worked. No waiting for Bert to fix a problem or 3 or 4 patches to get is going. I do so miss those days.

Yeah, exactly.  I still can't believe that people continue to buy products from Carenado.

But, every single release they do still has hundreds, if not thousands continuing this process over and over again.  Buy.  Wait for someone that knows what they're doing(Bert) to fix and release several patches and then finally have a sort of ok airplane to fly.  No offense meant at all to Bert here when I say "sort of ok".  It's not his fault that it can't be a very solid aircraft in the end, like RealAir or A2A would produce, because look at what he has to start with.

• Upvote 1

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

4 hours ago, klamal said:

Yeah, exactly.  I still can't believe that people continue to buy products from Carenado.

But, every single release they do still has hundreds, if not thousands continuing this process over and over again.  Buy.  Wait for someone that knows what they're doing(Bert) to fix and release several patches and then finally have a sort of ok airplane to fly.  No offense meant at all to Bert here when I say "sort of ok".  It's not his fault that it can't be a very solid aircraft in the end, like RealAir or A2A would produce, because look at what he has to start with.

Funny you should mention me..  I have actually flown a beta version of Sean Moloney's release and can tell you that there is going to be very little for me to do.  I am not a big fan of the Garmin G1000, but this one is visually stunning.   (As is the airplane..  :smile:)

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 5

Bert

9 minutes ago, klamal said:

Yep...I am sure there are quit a few people doing the face palm thing this morning after a Carenado purchase of the DA-62.🤬

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

2 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Funny you should mention me..  I have actually flown a beta version of this release and can tell you that there is going to be very little for me to do.  I am not a big fan of the Garmin G1000, but this one is visually stunning.   (As is the airplane..  :smile:)

Thanks Bert......you have made my day.....Now I am really excited!! This will probably make me go out and finally get new glasses that I have needed to get a long time. LOL

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/

15 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Funny you should mention me..  I have actually flown a beta version of this release and can tell you that there is going to be very little for me to do.  I am not a big fan of the Garmin G1000, but this one is visually stunning.   (As is the airplane..  :smile:)

I also hope it properly simulates the run up by simultaneously pressing the two ECU test buttons.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Just got the email from Carenado that theirs is released.  I love advertising...it says "Tested by real pilots".  That tells us nothing.  Even if they did actually test with real pilots(did they?), it doesn't say what the results of those tests were.  Just that they tested it(again, how do we even know that?).

It's like car commercials where every single manufacturer says they were voted the best.  How can that be?  It's not possible for every one to be the best.  But, we can get away with that marketing because all it takes is for someone, anyone, to say that it's the best and they can market that.  And it may not even require that?  Do we really know what was really done behind the scenes??

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

1 minute ago, klamal said:

Do we really know what was really done behind the scenes??

The answer to that would be no. After many years of this stuff we do however know what was not done behind the scenes.

Sam

22 minutes ago, klamal said:

Just got the email from Carenado that theirs is released.  I love advertising...it says "Tested by real pilots".  That tells us nothing.  Even if they did actually test with real pilots(did they?), it doesn't say what the results of those tests were.  Just that they tested it(again, how do we even know that?).

I think this may be how that process works...

Carenado guy: "Welcome Mr Real-World Pilot, and thanks for agreeing to help us test our latest product."
RW Pilot: "No problem, I'm delighted to be able to help you get a product out the door with accurately functioning systems and a accurate flight model"
Carenado Guy: "Er...yeah...anyway, sit in front of this PC, please and click the Flight Sim icon."
RW Pilot: "OK...the sim is starting."
Carenado Guy: "Excellent, that's one test done already. Now that the sim is loaded, a can you select our product and load the aircraft.?"
RW Pilot: "Yes, I've selected the red one."
Carenado Guy: "Brilliant; we're on a roll. Now, is it sitting on the runway with the engines running."
RW Pilot: "Yes it is"
Carenado Guy: "Great! OK can you take off now?"
RW Pilot: "OK I'm in the air." 
Carenado Guy:  "Fantastic! Does it turn, bank, dive and climb when you use the controls appropriately?"
RW Pilot: "Yes, it does, but I noticed -"
Carenado Guy: "OK, almost there. Does the cockpit interior and the exterior model look really nice?"
RW Pilot: "Yes they look amazing."
Carenado Guy: "Perfect! OK, that wraps up the testing. Thanks for your help, Mr Pilot!"
RW Pilot: "Oh...erm...don't you want me to try slips and stalls, flight at different profiles and test the avionics functionality?"
Carenado Guy: "No, we're good. I'll just add 'Tested by a real-world pilot' to the advertising blurb and we're done here..."

• Like 5

54 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Good move...a tester who can fix-as-he-finds. :smile:

1 minute ago, Greggy_D said:

Well, they just ***** all over Carenado.

It does not happen very often in life but sometimes the good guys win a small victory.

Sam

25 minutes ago, Holdit said:

Good move...a tester who can fix-as-he-finds. :smile:

Appreciate the kudos, but I have not changed one line of code in what Sean sent me to test... this is like the RealAir of old... takes a long time to hatch, but is worth the wait..

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Bert

2 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

😉

Gee, Beta tester for... Upcoming?  And beta tester for RealAir in the past.  Whatever do you mean? 😀

Greg

6 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Appreciate the kudos, but I have not changed one line of code in what Sean sent me to test... this is like the RealAir of old... takes a long time to hatch, but is worth the wait..

Perhaps I'm not the only one who thought you were referring to testing the Carenado?  At any rate, I know I'm not the only one who is glad you're involved with Sean's effort.

Greg

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, lownslo said:

Gee, Beta tester for... Upcoming?  And beta tester for RealAir in the past.  Whatever do you mean? 😀

Greg

I cannot possibly comment, except to say "I can't comment" 

• Like 2

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |