Sign in to follow this  
PaulFWatts

Diamond DA62 coming soon from Sean Moloney (ex RealAir)

Hi Bert, what does it use for navdata?

Jose A.

Core Components: AMD Ryzen7 7700X - G.Skill FlareX 32 GB DDR5 6000 CL36 (XMP)  - Gigabyte B650M Aorus Elite AX  - Asus ROG Strix RTX3060 12gb

Storage: WD Black SN750 NVMe 1TB - AData sx8200 Pro NVMe 1TB - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB - Samsung 870 EVO 1TB

WIN10 - P3D v.5.3 HF2 - XPLANE 11 - MSFS

27 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

You can use your computer keyboard to enter waypoints, once you have activated the cursor at the first character.

Cool....that will work just fine

57 minutes ago, DJJose said:

The more features "I" and other customers request, the longer it will take for it to be released. 😀

LOL you are correct. I was thinking next year maybe!!

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

Are you guys still under the NDA? The Mastercard logo has imprinted on my finger. LOL

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/

I have been doing a lot of reading on the DA62 in real life. It has diesel power plants and some very innovative features.

Would love to have the cash to buy one of these.

Something else to add to my wishlist when I win the lottery 🙂

Id like to see test with frame rate and G1000 here ;).

• Upvote 1

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

On 9/28/2018 at 4:58 PM, ryanbatcund said:

😉

Realair were the first devs to create dimmable 3D gauge lighting.... I seem to remember  ?

Will probably be a given.. .

And hopefully,  the G1000 will be Real World Manual quality.... and AIRAC updatable. 

My cash is on the mantlepiece already !

(For anyone not British, a mantlepiece is a shelf over a fireplace.... I know, health and safety right ?!!)

🤣🤣🤣

• Upvote 1

On 11/19/2018 at 8:55 PM, PaulFWatts said:

I have been doing a lot of reading on the DA62 in real life. It has diesel power plants and some very innovative features.

Would love to have the cash to buy one of these.

Something else to add to my wishlist when I win the lottery 🙂

You can pick one up that is fully loaded for around 1.9-2.0 Million USD. Not bad when you compare it to the cost of a pair of RTX 2080TI GPUs. 😜

Sam

On 9/29/2018 at 4:08 PM, Chock said:

I think you have to remember that Caranedo aeroplanes are very definitely 'built to a price' and squarely targeted at people more concerned with looks than systems realism, and that in itself is no bad thing as a product ethos so long as you're genuinely doing that rather than being either sloppy or lazy. 

Except your average Carenado release now is 35 to 40 GBP.

A2A stuff is under 35.

Carenado is waaaaay overpriced imo.

I have the Dornier, which is Okay.... and I have the Maj Das 8..... but looking at the SAAB s340 at 40 GBP.... meh..... rather spend 52 on GSX and Level 2, and wait for this DA26.

And also, charging for expansions is just a money grab. Good quality G1000s etc and AIRAC upgradability.... or whatever those expansions are.... should be standard, not extra.

My Dornier STILL has trim gauges that are back to front..... says it all really.

Edited by Gabe777

On 10/17/2018 at 10:52 PM, DJJose said:

Yes! I've been testing the DA-62 since Alpha. The G1000 is running well on my system, clear & smooth, but as you know performance is system dependent.

It's a bird that you will enjoy for years to come. Well modeled and worth the wait!

Like a great quarterback once said, "RELAX." 😀

Can you give a little insight to the the engine management system ?

Seems it is flown like a jet with just a throttle..... FADEC and Turbo charged engines ?

So not much to do other than enjoy a very fast ride at 25 000 feet ?

I assume its pressurised....? The RW company website touts its range and altitude.... and 6 people on board.

Certainly make a change from all m other stuff.

EDIT.... apparently not. Unpressurised but certified for high altitude. Get your O2 masks ready !

Edited by Gabe777

There might be answers for the following questions:

Engine Management system? FADEC? ECU? How to lean the mixture?

Detailed info and discussion about the DA62´s navigation capabilities including several first how-to´s?

How does the G1000 look and feel?

Do we get realistic stall and side slip again?

How is the sound?

What is a prop AOA and how does this sound?

What is Hypoxia and how does it look and feel?

How to refill the Oxygen tank?

Which documentation is included?

Release date?

About all these and more questions see this in-depth pre-release video, 30+ minutes condensed information

https://youtu.be/f_0YnlbTMH8

Edited by rudi0310
typo
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 6

Rüdiger ("Rudi") Heilig

My videos "Vertx DA62 - in detail - in a nutshell": https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYDO8_1njznTbsyJKEr3X2g

All my postings and other publications reflect my personal view only

Excellent video... I just refueled my car, so I've got another week to wait, I guess.. :unsure:

• Like 1

Bert

Good job on the video. Very nice of you to share some tricks. 😀

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

12 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

Excellent video... I just refueled my car, so I've got another week to wait, I guess.. :unsure:

Please tell us Bert..... before Xmas ?

Will it use the G1000 trainer or are we expecting too much ?

(And of course, there are pros to  NOT doing so... like being able upgrade the AIRAC !)

Edited by Gabe777

Well I've had to pause that video after 60 seconds, after seeing the dynamic shine on the bodywork as the camera rotates..... had to go for lie down for a while.

Not sure the old ticker can take it..... 😎😎😎