Sign in to follow this  
PaulFWatts

Diamond DA62 coming soon from Sean Moloney (ex RealAir)

20 hours ago, Gabe777 said:

Can you give a little insight to the the engine management system ?

Seems it is flown like a jet with just a throttle..... FADEC and Turbo charged engines ?

So not much to do other than enjoy a very fast ride at 25 000 feet ?

I assume its pressurised....? The RW company website touts its range and altitude.... and 6 people on board.

Certainly make a change from all m other stuff.

EDIT.... apparently not. Unpressurised but certified for high altitude. Get your O2 masks ready !

You probably got a good insight from Rudi regarding the engine management system. I have flown more than 1000 hours on the DA40 NG and DA42NG which have the smaller Austro Engine AE 300 (E4A, E4B & E4C). And it is a joy to fly with these engines! Little to no vibration, quiet and powerful, in addition with the ECU and the power lever(s) it is really easy to operate. 

So yeah, it is more or less "set and forget" the load (%) you like. The ECU will then take care of and regulate all important parameters for engine operation. If you have any questions, let me know I will happily answer them!

• Like 2

Yes thnx for that.

Just watched the video and I must say it looks like a nice little Ferrari to zip around in the sky and enjoy the scenery.

It should make a nice change to all my other aircraft and can't wait for it to come out.

I already have all RealAir's old aircraft working in p3d and although they look a little bit dated ,they still fly a lot better than a lot of more recent third-party payware aircraft ....but that's no surprise really is it !?

And of course the bonus is that we get to learn how the G1000 works in the real world,which will be useful if I decide to use other aircraft such as the B200 from Flight1.

Edited by Gabe777

I'm not sure that screenshot proves anything, as if it showed 4.4. it would violate the NDA. There must be a reason the P3d4 menus were never displayed in the video. Also, the overall lighting looks a whole lot different, especially the outside spot view of the aircraft, almost like XP11.

Foreshadowing at it's very best...

LqurMnP.jpg

Did Orbx know something early on? 😉

I look forward to this view (and all of Innsbruck) from another cockpit... soon (https://vertxsim.com/).

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

WOW it looks like Flight Sim Guys in Paris really want the DA-62. After Rudi's remark about Gasoline and the release from Vertx the current headline on Drudge Report is

Paris Burns!

Civil War Possible!

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

Hmmmm ... that lighting does look great doesn’t it 🙂 ... but wait there’s more ... not long now.

Cheers Rob

36 minutes ago, Rob Ainscough said:

... but wait there’s more ... not long now.

Cheers Rob

Cheers?!?! :marah:  You're killin' us, man! :biggrin:

A 3D modelled , G1000 running at 60 fps..... this will make history for me.

I can live without SIDS and STARS, as you can probably import a plain flightplan from LittleNavMap.

• Upvote 1

I love my Legacy and the Duke and can't wait for the Diamond. A must have for me...

Win 10 Pro | P3Dv4.5 | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | I5-9600K @ 4.8GHz | RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB RAM | SSD | T.16000M

...got mine 😍

Win 10 Pro | P3Dv4.5 | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | I5-9600K @ 4.8GHz | RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB RAM | SSD | T.16000M