PaulFWatts

Diamond DA62 coming soon from Sean Moloney (ex RealAir)

1 minute ago, Greggy_D said:

Well, they just ***** all over Carenado.

It does not happen very often in life but sometimes the good guys win a small victory.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

25 minutes ago, Holdit said:

Good move...a tester who can fix-as-he-finds. :smile:

Appreciate the kudos, but I have not changed one line of code in what Sean sent me to test... this is like the RealAir of old... takes a long time to hatch, but is worth the wait..

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

😉

Gee, Beta tester for... Upcoming?  And beta tester for RealAir in the past.  Whatever do you mean? 😀

Greg

6 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Appreciate the kudos, but I have not changed one line of code in what Sean sent me to test... this is like the RealAir of old... takes a long time to hatch, but is worth the wait..

Perhaps I'm not the only one who thought you were referring to testing the Carenado?  At any rate, I know I'm not the only one who is glad you're involved with Sean's effort.

Greg

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, lownslo said:

Gee, Beta tester for... Upcoming?  And beta tester for RealAir in the past.  Whatever do you mean? 😀

Greg

I cannot possibly comment, except to say "I can't comment" 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

OK I have been very polite and patient this morning........I am over it......I want it now!!!!!!! LOL

So good to hear Sean is back, look forward to his products. Been flying the Duke piston the last few weeks and had forgotten how nice it was!

Cheers

Martin

Wow, this is great news!

5 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

Funny you should mention me..  I have actually flown a beta version of Sean Moloney's release and can tell you that there is going to be very little for me to do.  I am not a big fan of the Garmin G1000, but this one is visually stunning.   (As is the airplane..  :smile:)

Now I really can't wait for this plane ! 🙂

4 hours ago, shivers9 said:

OK I have been very polite and patient this morning........I am over it......I want it now!!!!!!! LOL

Who is going to be selling it first?

Not really something that grabs my interest but will be a day one purchase. If nothing else just to show my support for the good guys in this business.  I’m sure it will be magnificent.

• Like 1

Winner winner, chicken dinner.

I was going to buy the Carenado DA62, what is specifically is wrong with it from those of you that have purchased it?

On a side note, I'll buy Sean's DA62 also as it looks like release will be soon:

All going well, Sean hopes to release the aircraft in the “next few weeks”.

Cheers, Rob.

Well, that'll securely replace every GA plane in my fleet... what a dream! Can't wait! Where do I throw my money? HA!

6 hours ago, Rob Ainscough said:

I was going to buy the Carenado DA62, what is specifically is wrong with it from those of you that have purchased it?

Not had it long (obviously) and not flown it much because I've literally just got back from a 12 hour shift at Manchester Airport, but I did make this brief vid of it (this is literally the only time I've flown it). I thought it was alright actually. Obviously there is only so much I could tell from a quick hop in the thing, but watch the vid and you'll see it's not bad for 25 quid:

Edited by Chock
  • Like 2

deleted.

Edited by MindYerBeak

4 hours ago, Chock said:

Not had it long (obviously) and not flown it much because I've literally just got back from a 12 hour shift at Manchester Airport, but I did make this brief vid of it (this is literally the only time I've flown it). I thought it was alright actually. Obviously there is only so much I could tell from a quick hop in the thing, but watch the vid and you'll see it's not bad for 25 quid:

Will Sean be including fuel pimps in his version, I wonder?

• Like 1

I'm really happy to see that RealAir will, in some extent, continue to live on in the form of Vertx Simulations! Great news and a day-one purchase for sure. Actually I'm more interested in the G1000 than the DA62. Especially how it compares with the Flight1 G1000. Hopefully Sean will release more G1000-equipped aircrafts in the future. Like a Cirrus SR22 or a TBM 910.

Btw. if you want to prepare yourself for the release, the DA62 POH is freely available on the Diamond Aircraft homepage.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Nice video Chock I really enjoyed it, I will wait for both products to be out before deciding which one I buy, I love the DA-62 so I want to really enjoy flying this one.

I also noticed Traffic Global is still missing their navigation lights, I will talk with Just Flight at Cosford maybe me being part of their Beta Testers as I did with UTL might help them to move that area forward.

Regards 

Simbol 

On 9/28/2018 at 7:55 AM, scottb613 said:

Hi Folk,

My god - it looks ready for release...

:wink:

Regards,
Scott

Do you remember when I suggested to another member to wait because something special was coming soon?

1 minute ago, DJJose said:

Do you remember when I suggested to another member to wait because something special was coming soon?

I was trying to recall just yesterday who dropped that little hint. It has been a while since we have seen this kid of excitement over a GA release. I have been whinning for years about a new modern plane by a creditable DEV like one might see at the local dealer. Looks like I may have lived long enough to finally see it happen.

Is it me or do you guys think that Carenado re-uses sounds from their other fleet? Aside from this, do not expect Carenado to give you a realistic G1000 and their FDs leave a lot to be desired. There are still bugs on many of their older aircraft that will never be addressed, and we all remember the performance in their initial SR22 release.

For those reasons I now stay away from Carenado. Pretty airplanes with not so good system modeling.

2 hours ago, DJJose said:

Is it me or do you guys think that Carenado re-uses sounds from their other fleet? Aside from this, do not expect Carenado to give you a realistic G1000 and their FDs leave a lot to be desired. There are still bugs on many of their older aircraft that will never be addressed, and we all remember the performance in their initial SR22 release.

For those reasons I now stay away from Carenado. Pretty airplanes with not so good system modeling.

I have not bought anything from Carenado for years but in the earlier years I believe they shared a lot of sounds.  I really wish people would stop buying the unfinished junk they release.  Then maybe they might think about releasing a somewhat finished aircraft.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DJJose said:

I think you have to remember that Caranedo aeroplanes are very definitely 'built to a price' and squarely targeted at people more concerned with looks than systems realism, and that in itself is no bad thing as a product ethos so long as you're genuinely doing that rather than being either sloppy or lazy. I'm actually quite a fan of some of the 'cheap and cheerful' developers such as Virtualcol, as things like that have other merits, such as usually a very high FPS and the ability to just 'jump in and go' without fussing over too much cockpit set up. It's worth remembering too, that this sort of flying is probably what the vast majority of flight simmers do, for if it were not, companies such as Abacus would have gone down the pipe years ago, yet they are still alive and kicking.

We tend to get a skewed view of what every flight sim user wants, by hanging around Avsim, a place where people go apoplectic with rage if the PFD on their Boeing 737 sim is 1mm too wide. These are not the entire cross section of flight simmers by any stretch of the imagination.

So, where I find fault with Caranedo is not in the fact that their avionics aren't that great, or even that they aren't that great at simulating turbine engines, after all, avionics can easily be swapped out if you like and it's unreasonable to expect a full whistles and bells G1000 included in a 25 quid add-on anyway, and there are other developers out there who make decent turbine simulations if that is what people want in particular. No, it's the sloppiness which is often present in their releases which I object to, and the fact that they tend to ignore these issues when buyers complain about it and instead move onto banging out the next product ASAP. One error which I reported right when it was released, which is on their Cessna C441 Conquest II (technically that's an Alabeo product, but we all know that's basically Caranedo), which went on sale right at the start of 2017, so, getting on for two years ago, has still not been addressed. Even worse, I actually  corrected the error myself and offered them the file which did that, for free, and they still couldn't be bothered to sort it out.

There is certainly less chance of there being less realistic engine and avionics modeling on their simpler aeroplanes, so I do rate things like their (and Alabeo's) Piper Tomahawks and Pawnees etc, but when they start doing things with fancier engines and complex glass cockpits, we're definitely out of their comfort - and to be fair, also pricing - zone. but that is still no excuse for sloppiness, which is nothing to do with working to a budget in terms of development time, it's simply laziness and poor/no beta testing.

I had to laugh at the 'how Caranedo beta test things' spoof someone put on this thread, as I am willing to bet it's no spoof at all, but what they actually do. You could stick me in the cockpit of a Concorde simulator and claim it was 'tested by a real pilot', which would be true, so long as you never mentioned I was certainly not a Concorde pilot.

With all that said, I'm quite happy with their new DA62, it is what it is, but I daresay I'll be happier still with what I assume will be a more serious and detailed treatment of it.

And to those who are saying they've been waiting a long time for a serious GA aeroplane, I'd advise them to check out A2A's PA-24 Commanche 250, which does the most convincing sideslip of any FSX/P3D simulated aeroplane I've come across, and is comparable in cruise speed to the DA-62 if performance is your requirement not to mention their new 'Doctor Killer', which is also worth a look.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Well now, those who missed out on the years of RealAir can now find out what is possible. Hopefully not having both original members of the team can be overcome. Great news! I kept thinking there might be some sort of return from them.